PDA

View Full Version : Enermax 120mm fan

antipop
06-09-2003, 09:30 AM
I've the 120mm fan from enermax on my heatercore. Today i've noticed than it has a dead spot in the middle, it isn't surprising but the spot is the size of my fist! All the air goes on the sides. It's the only 120mm that i own, so is it normal or is the enermax crappy?

gobbo
06-09-2003, 09:39 AM
Thats a damn big dead spot!!

I'm using a papst 120mm with a thermochill rad which has a standoff to reduce the dead zone.

I think it might be worth getting a different fan, is it affecting your temps??

antipop
06-09-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by gobbo
is it affecting your temps??
That's what is was wondering, i wanted to order some cooling gear from cooltechnica but they're out of stock of delta's.

gouda96
06-15-2003, 01:37 PM
This isn't like a cpu hsf where the center is where the diode is. On a radiator the water is evenly distribute throughout. if it is pushing the rated amount of air it is still cooling about the same amount of water i would think. I guess the cooling surface area would be decreased slightly, but i don't think it would effect much.
I wouldn't worry about it.

antipop
06-15-2003, 02:05 PM
What is worrying me is the size of the dead spot and that the fan isn't doing his job
Anyway it's a crappy one

gouda96
06-15-2003, 02:32 PM
it is doing its job probably. it is pushing the rated amount of air, but not in the center where the motor is. If you have the rad shrouded i wouldn't worry, b/c all the air it pushes is going through the rad, regardless of the deadspot.

antipop
06-15-2003, 02:50 PM
It's weird, usually the air coming out of a fan is rather focused around the center, but here it's all in the surrouding and the dead spot is almost the size of the fan. I'm worried that there is not enough pressure to pull air out of the rad

Teus
06-15-2003, 06:57 PM
the performance of an enermax suxx anyway, get some delta's/papst

I've got 2 enermaxes and 2 delta's (older models), the delta's push way more airflow at the same noise level

antipop
06-16-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Teus
the performance of an enermax suxx anyway, get some delta's/papst

I've got 2 enermaxes and 2 delta's (older models), the delta's push way more airflow at the same noise level That's what i'm gonna do but cooltechnica is out of stock and they won't reply to my mails