PDA

View Full Version : Leopard, delayed until October

lowfat
04-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Right from the Apple site

Get ready, get set, get Leopard

All these features and more are delivered to you in one universal, fully accessible, 64-bit operating system. Coming October 2007.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/

another statement by Apple today

iPhone has already passed several of its required certification tests and is on schedule to ship in late June as planned. We can't wait until customers get their hands (and fingers) on it and experience what a revolutionary and magical product it is. However, iPhone contains the most sophisticated software ever shipped on a mobile device, and finishing it on time has not come without a price -- we had to borrow some key software engineering and QA resources from our Mac OS X team, and as a result we will not be able to release Leopard at our Worldwide Developers Conference in early June as planned.

While Leopard's features will be complete by then, we cannot deliver the quality release that we and our customers expect from us. We now plan to show our developers a near final version of Leopard at the conference, give them a beta copy to take home so they can do their final testing, and ship Leopard in October. We think it will be well worth the wait. Life often presents tradeoffs, and in this case we're sure we've made the right ones.

nn_step
04-12-2007, 05:14 PM
pity about the delay but hopefully it would help improve the drive for pure 64bit computing

ugp
04-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Well I would rather them take there time and get it right for the release then to rush it and release it and have all kinds of problems. Too many times have companies did this.

Patience is a good characteristic to have these days I would say.

Vapor
04-12-2007, 05:47 PM
I can wait till October...better to get it right and have my next phone on the market in time....10.4 is perfectly fine for me anyway :)

Papajohn56
04-12-2007, 10:25 PM
As long as this doesn't have the Playstation 3 effect.

ugp
04-18-2007, 05:52 PM
There really isn't much change to make me switch over anyway.

selectodude
04-19-2007, 10:55 AM
As long as it's not as buggy as 10.4.0, i'll be fine.

perry_78
04-24-2007, 09:41 AM
And that gives me enough time to pop a merom into this T60 and experience JaS's magic in pure 64bit :P