PDA

View Full Version : Power Supply "POTS" Question

oplix
06-08-2003, 01:58 AM
I'm getting a TTGI 420watt power supply on monday and what I noticed in reviews is that it has a internal potameter or however you spell it. I was wondering if someone who has a TTGI power supply could explain to me how they work and what I should do in order to get the 'best' performance from my power supply by using it.

TheDude
06-08-2003, 05:51 AM
I run a couple of the 520w PSUs. The pot can be turned clockwise to increase your +5 rail if needed. I don't think they will go higher than 5% so no need to worry about turning them up too high.
First check those rail readings in the bios...you may not even need to adjust them.
I do want to caution you about fooling around the insides of your PSU. If you touch the wrong things, you can injure yourself, your PSU or other system components. So be very careful. This can happen even when the PSU is turned off and unplugged.

It's a very good PSU for the money. :D

oplix
06-08-2003, 10:15 AM
ok cool..so maybe turn it all the way up just in case..i'll be doing some heavy overclocking

TheDude
06-08-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by oplix
ok cool..so maybe turn it all the way up just in case..i'll be doing some heavy overclocking

It's a pretty good PSU so you may not have to adjust the pot even with "heavy" overclocking, but I know lots of guys who do have it turned all the way up with no problems...up to you which approach you take. I like to run mine on the dime if possible. :D

oplix
06-08-2003, 01:15 PM
sounds good, thanks bud