PDA

View Full Version : Yellowbeard/Ramguy

Hard H20
04-12-2007, 06:42 AM
Yellowbeard,

I've been a patient man, but enough is enough! :nono: I did not want to make this public, but man what is up with the RMA department over there? I've been lied to 5 times in less than a week. Hell if I wanted that kind of treatment, I'd just call my exwife.

Ramguy is left swinging in the wind on the forums over there, trying to right the wrongs that these clowns are causing. Now they have his hands tied as well. Hussain needs to get his chit together before it ends up costing Corsair a great deal of business.

Gunslinger
04-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Glad someone else is seeing the fact they need a tent over that circus. I've been waiting a month for my replacement parts. Here's my sorry story:
http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58760

Hard H20
04-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Gunslinger,

I've been dealing with Corsair a long time. That being said I've never experienced any problems returning products before now. I don't know exactly what happened over there. I will say this, it seems as though somebody needs to reevaluate the management structure in the RMA / Customer Service end of the company. I've been buying Corsair modules a long time because I knew if anything ever happened I would have a no hassle return. That no longer seems to be the case.

Gunslinger
04-12-2007, 11:00 AM
I actually feel sorry for RAM Guy, he is trying, but not being backed up by the people he works with. I keep calling and emailing them, but same ol same ol.

Insanity= doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting a different result.

Hard H20
04-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Same here. Sad that they left him out in the wind like that. I don't see one other Corsair rep that is even remotely trying too assist him with this fiasco. Piss poor @ best.

Redbeard
04-12-2007, 02:27 PM
First let me apologize for the delay. It's ridiculous that you should have to wait that long for a part to get back to you, I fully agree with that. We've had a lot of changes recently due to a database conversion that didn't go smoothly, and a lot of the problems were in different employees seeing the database in different ways. So one RMA person could go in and see "product shipped" while another person could go in and see "product backlogged" while neither would be correct.

This has been addressed. What has also recently been addressed is the complaints we've been getting from all over the internet. Believe me when I tell you that I take great pride in our customer service normally and it kills me when these complaints occur, so I sent these threads directly to one of our VPs who is addressing the issue.

For those of you who are longtime Corsair users you know our customer service is typically second to none and we pride ourselves on serving the community's needs. I can assure you that every word in this thread and a few others has been read and understood by myself as well as Ram Guy and Yellowbeard, not to mention some people that have the power to change this.

Our RMA department is recovering from a backlog that was caused by something beyond their control, but it shouldn't take this long and we're working as hard as we can to get it taken care of.

Thank you.

Gunslinger
04-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Well that's certainly good news that the people that can make the necessary changes are seeing these threads first hand, thanks Redbeard.

Hard H20
04-13-2007, 06:23 AM
Good to know that the issues are being resolved.

Hard H20
04-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Gunslinger,

Did Corsair ever get your issue straight yet?

I'm still waiting after being told again on Friday that my modules would be overnighted. I'm getting ready to start looking for a new memory vendor this is ridiculous.

ChaosMinionX
04-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Must be bad luck, Ive had both of my RMAs on 6400C3's overnighted without a problem, hardest part was getting the ram into Corsair and arranging for an advance on the memory so I wasnt out 500$ in ram lol...

No complaints here from Corsairs RMA, just that if you get the wrong people it takes longer.

Gunslinger
04-17-2007, 02:47 AM
My situation is supposedly resolved, I'm getting a refund after waiting for replacement parts for a month. Of course, with the way this whole thing went, I won't believe it until I actually have the check in my hand.

Hard H20
04-17-2007, 06:26 AM
Yeah, I was told by Hussain again (6th time) last Friday that my replacements would be overnighted. Well it's Tuesday and I'm still waiting. Corsair and their RMA department have become a :censored: joke.

Hard H20
04-19-2007, 02:08 PM
GS,

Update.

Your intial response said it best, a circus.

I spoke to Corsair today. After all of the times they told me my sticks were shipping overnight recently they are now telling me they won't be available until the 25th. I see the modules in stock at 101 online vendors and you're going to feed me the excuse that you don't have any in stock. :bs:

Gunslinger
04-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Still waiting for them to "Show me the money"

ranker
04-23-2007, 08:56 AM
Still waiting for them to "Show me the money"

It's sad to see Corsair's RMA process turn out to be like this. This is definately making me hesitant about purchasing from Corsair in the future. I've been a life long enthusiast and have been purchasing their products for the past 8 years just because of how easy their RMA service was.

Rinsewand
04-25-2007, 05:47 AM
well, i'll happily agree with anything in this thread...

heres my battle! [url=http://www.houseofhelp.com/v2/showthread.php?t=59398]linky[url]

been waiting for my promised refund for a good few months now! RamGuy is so far the only reason i still have a slight bit of confidence!

RwD

Gunslinger
04-25-2007, 06:36 AM
My refund supposedly was mailed on 4/17. As of today, still no check.

Rinsewand
04-25-2007, 06:49 AM
as far as i know mine was never mailed, and i've had a sudden sinking feeling today that they've been trying to ring me - bearing in mind i live in the UK, and have done all corespondance thus far through emails... ahh well, i shall hope! Thank god they have a presense on the forums (RamGuy etc) it makes it a little more bearable!

RwD

Hard H20
04-25-2007, 09:46 AM
Well today's the day, the 25th. According to Hussain "I'll handle it personally" Karmally, my modules are supposed to be overnighted tonight arriving here before 10:30am tomorrow. I will post an update tomorrow right before I list the modules on Fleabay, if they show up this time that is. ;)

I received a PM from Yellowbeard and I would like to commend him for his honesty and no BS approach in handling his business. I'm glad to see that Corsair has 2 employees (Yellowbeard / Ramguy) who still get it.

Gunslinger
04-25-2007, 02:27 PM
My check for $699.99 arrived via UPS today. Now off for a shopping spree at Mountain Mods.........:woot: :toast: :banana: :D :clap:

Hard H20
04-25-2007, 06:13 PM
Crikey, I received a tracking number from Corsair late this afternoon. Thank You Easter Bunny.

GS,

Don't spend it all on 1 case. :p:

Hard H20
04-26-2007, 07:23 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I received my RMA package this morning. Great right? No. The saga continues. They didn't send my 2gb of XMS back, instead I received a 4gb flash voyager drive. That will get my machine back up and running. So let's see that's 3+ weeks of lies, 23 unreturned phone calls, 12 unanswered emails and the wrong return. You're batting 1,000 Hussain.

Yellowbeard,

I left a voicemail for this a$$hat this morning. I've also emailed him about him returning the wrong package. I can't ever seem to get ahold of this guy, he's one hell of a supervisor I tell ya. PLEASE call this clown @ extension 279 and ask him to either call or email me so we can resolve this ASAP.

Thanks.

nicepun
04-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Wow, I guess their database is really messed up. My only RMA with Corsair, maybe a month ago, went as smooth as it could possibly be. Good luck and I hope everything gets worked out.

Rinsewand
04-26-2007, 05:23 PM
hmm, just got an email saying my refund hasn't been approved by their accounting department yet... ummm...

RwD

Hard H20
04-27-2007, 08:26 AM
I received my replacements from Corsair this morning.

Yellowbeard, thank you for the assist! Hussain, you still suck.

Redbeard
04-27-2007, 09:37 AM
Hard H20;2156633']I received my replacements from Corsair this morning.

Yellowbeard, thank you for the assist! Hussain, you still suck.

The 4GB flash drive is yours to keep as a woefully inadequate compensation for dealing with all this. I'm sorry it had to happen this way, but rest assured this thread has been seen by the right eyes.

If you have any problems you can PM me or Yellowbeard and we'll help you out.

Gunslinger
04-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Man, wish I could have gotten one of those...