PDA

View Full Version : Evil Player V1.19 release

nn_step
04-09-2007, 04:37 PM
http://www.hakeem.gigahost.dk/download.php
For those of you who like Music apps that are really tiny

Plywood99
04-09-2007, 04:48 PM
LOL, author listen to anything besides gangsta rap...

Ply

MikalCarbine
04-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Does it have a library? If it did I'd probly switch over to this, I've been looking for an alternative to winamp

Revv23
04-09-2007, 05:31 PM
^Foobar FTW.

Plywood99
04-09-2007, 05:34 PM
^Foobar FTW.

Have yet to get a good foobar setup I like. Winamp and, sad to say, Itunes I use mostly...

Ply

Revv23
04-09-2007, 05:52 PM
yeah i know what you mean it was a pain to find all the right plugins, i probably couldn't find them again if i tried... here's my setup, don't mind the color scheme it can all be customized:

p0tter
04-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Not that it justifies it, but I don’t worry about cpu cycles anymore. I actually perfer itunes over all media players ive used in the past.... But, will give this a try. thanks for the link

NickS
04-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Revv, we have similar music taste lmao :0

Plywood99
04-09-2007, 06:44 PM
^^
Hopefully not color scheme tastes. Lol...

Ply

Revv23
04-09-2007, 06:59 PM
:)

I don't know what it is i love dark red colors, maybe thats why im such an ati fan lol.

As for my music, how can you not like classic rock? I listen to pretty much everything. But 60/70's music owns me. That and the grateful dead. :p:

NickS
04-09-2007, 07:25 PM
:)

I don't know what it is i love dark red colors, maybe thats why im such an ati fan lol.

As for my music, how can you not like classic rock? I listen to pretty much everything. But 60/70's music owns me. That and the grateful dead. :p:

Agree TBH! Some 80's is good.

The Grateful Dead are ok, I went on a little Grateful Dead kick but now I'm hooked on Billy Joel :D

nn_step
04-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Agree TBH! Some 80's is good.

The Grateful Dead are ok, I went on a little Grateful Dead kick but now I'm hooked on Billy Joel :D

sounds like someone could use some good old fashion acid rock and thrash metal

STEvil
04-09-2007, 09:09 PM
I have a rather minimalistic setup of Foobar.. no plugins other than AMIP and each playlist tab is for each hdd/computer.. with one main one that has everything.

Foobar can take quite some time to set up to the users specifications, but its all worth it in the end.

MikalCarbine
04-10-2007, 09:02 AM
What role do cpu cyces play in audio players like this?

thrash metal ftw :rocker:

Kingcarcas
04-10-2007, 06:32 PM
foobar gave me a headache, i tried customizing it with the help of hydrogenaudio forums IIRC :slobber: I tried iTunes, it's ok, i liked how you can browse through album covers. However, most of my music was tagged all wrong *cough* so it would've taken forever to fix and it always tried converting my music.
I have found mediamonkey and i'll stick to it :p:Evil player is nice though, after you change the colors and get the plugins:D The transparency stuff was pretty neat as well.

XSAlliN
04-11-2007, 02:16 AM
That's NOTHING, the smallest and one of the best (if not the best - in my opinion) from the free ware class is XMPlay (http://www.un4seen.com/):

MPlay is an audio player, supporting the OGG / MP3 / MP2 / MP1 / WMA / WAV / CDA / MO3 / IT / XM / S3M / MTM / MOD / UMX audio formats, and PLS / M3U / ASX / WAX playlists. A load more formats are also supported via plugins. When XMPlay was first released in 1998, only the XM format was supported, hence the name "XMPlay".

Balls-on accurate
Plays the way nature intended
32/24-bit & multi-channel output
Take advantage of supporting hardware for ultimate quality
Gapless output
Gapless playback of all supported formats
Interpolation & volume/pan ramping
For output that's smoother than a baby's arse!
DSP
Automatic gain control (and Replaygain), 9 band equalizer, reverb, plugin support
Net streaming
All supported file types (including MODs and archives) can be streamed from FTP and HTTP servers (inc. Shoutcast/Icecast/Icecast2), optionally writing a copy to disk, FTP directories and HTML webpages can be scanned for playable files
Track information
Displays file/format information, messages/tags, and instrument/sample texts, open webpages from the texts
Title formatting
You decide how you want the track titles to look, title updating from 'net streams and CUE sheets
Library
A database of your tracks, with directory monitoring, for quick and easy access to the tracks you want to play
Saved/preset settings
Save settings (DSP/etc) to be automatically used each time specific tracks or filetypes are played, save presets for quick application at any time
Disk writing
Write 8/16/24/32-bit WAV files, use external encoders (MP3/OGG/etc), optional level normalization, dithering & noise shaping, individual MOD instrument writing
Keyboard shortcuts
Fully customizable shortcuts, including global hotkeys
Integration
Open files/folders from Windows Explorer, drag'n'drop files/folders/shortcuts/URLs, monitor the clipboard for playable URLs, drag'n'drop tracks from XMPlay into other programs, icon customization
Archive plugins
Archived/compressed files can be loaded just like normal files, including support for nested archives
Unicode file support
Support for Russian, Chinese, etc...
Visualisation
Compatible with Sonique plugins, fullscreen display, includes a MOD pattern view
No installation
UnZIP where you want and go!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4523/picture00dsazcxz42el5.jpg

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/9853/picture0fsdsd303hk4.jpg

:woot: :woot: :woot:

MikalCarbine
04-11-2007, 08:31 AM
XMPlay looks sexy, I'll have to try some of these players out. I tried foobar but wasn't too enthused :(

Battle_Rattle
04-11-2007, 09:20 AM
People go insane over the pure ASIO aspects of foobar playing... but to me it's splitting hairs. The right hardware combined with winamp (a lite winamp) combined with a DSP is just as good... Anymore all i want is high def music... mp3 has served its purpose

XSAlliN
04-11-2007, 03:22 PM
I Personally am sick of Winamp - fought I try something new, I did more then that, tried all audio players on Softpedia/MajorGeeks and XMPlay was the best I could find, sure tried a lot of players took me more then 6 hours. :D

MikalCarbine
04-11-2007, 03:28 PM
XSAllin, is there a way/plugin to set up the library in XMPlay so it is similair to winamps? ie: Sorted by artist and you can click each artist to display their albums

Aerou
04-12-2007, 12:05 PM
foobar user here, customizable, light 'n' fast, ASIO and great work with playlist, even enormous ones
... my choice :woot: