View Full Version : U2 UFO Vs UFO Horizon case What the best

peebi
04-03-2007, 03:31 AM
I order U2 UFO but out of stock
I plan to change UFO Horizon
But I don't know What the best!!!!!

Patriote
04-03-2007, 04:08 AM
The best ? Both will do fine. It's just a matter of preference. Personally, i'd go with the U2 UFO :)

peebi
04-03-2007, 04:19 AM
The best ? Both will do fine. It's just a matter of preference. Personally, i'd go with the U2 UFO :)

thank you

JamesTX10
04-03-2007, 08:24 AM
I run the Horizon and love it, great view of the components. Great cooling, just a great case to build upon.

+1. I love mine as well. Any MM case is a great case though. Just depends on what you are looking for.

ranker
04-03-2007, 10:46 AM
I think both cases are awesome. I only wish that the Horizon came in the big window top instead of the diamond top/original top. Like McCoffey said, the Horizon gives you that workbench feel. You can show it off if you have it trapped between stuff as people can still look down and admire your goods. However, if you're like me where you place it under your desk at one side, it'd be better to get the U2 as people will get to see it from the side.

That being said, I'd figure the Horizon to be a better case if you're tinkering around a lot with your build. However, if you want a cleaner look that lets you hide your drives and cabling better, I'd suggest the U2. In the end, you can't go wrong. These are the best cases available in the industry. And I've gone through everything from Thermaltake Armors, TJ-07's and Lian Li's up the ying yang.

marauder16
04-03-2007, 11:10 AM
I'd personally go with the horizon (if I had the cash :P) cause the mobo is placed horizontally which I like more, and it seems like all the space is used and not empty, also the VGA doesn't hang down, which I don't like with normal cases

serialk11r
04-03-2007, 11:20 AM
I don't exactly like UFO cube cases but I like the Horizon more.

peebi
04-03-2007, 05:52 PM
Horizon look like hot on bottom under MB and overcrowd when have 2 rad

U2 UFO 's Ice man look good that have 2 rad

NaeKuh
04-03-2007, 05:57 PM
I run the Horizon and love it, great view of the components. Great cooling, just a great case to build upon.

Here's some initial build picks of mine if you want to see one on action.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34877&page=134
Post 3340

Also. the Duality's nice if you want to run dual loops.

Welcome to the forum, good luck on your new build and have a blast.

andyc

can i ask you a question? I see your running a tec block, and your cooling the NB as well. Doesnt that ruin the cooling on the NB? I always thought your suposed to leave TEC with TEC's and run a seperate loop for non tec blocks.

serialk11r
04-03-2007, 05:59 PM
can i ask you a question? I see your running a tec block, and your cooling the NB as well. Doesnt that ruin the cooling on the NB? I always thought your suposed to leave TEC with TEC's and run a seperate loop for non tec blocks.

You're under the impression that TECs will make the water boiling hot or something. Actually, the water will be significantly warmer but he's only running an NB, so it doesn't matter.