PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed With Ocz Overclocking

Eniqmah
04-01-2007, 03:32 AM
Hi,
Not very familiar with overclocking memory. Would yall mind telling me if my current set up is squeezing the most out of my OCZ Ram? I've not altered anything about the RAM except upped the voltage a bit. The attached pic should give some info. Thanks for replying.

harvshark
04-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Well, right now you're not even running your ram up to it's published specs. You're at 389mhz 5-6-6-18, and your spd says it's good to 400mhz at 5-5-5-15. So you can at least tighten the timings up to that level. You could also try 4-5-5-15 and see if you can boot. If that tests out ok, go to 4-4-5-15, 4-4-4-15, 4-4-4-12, 4-4-4-10. You should be able to run vdimm up to 2.4v without voiding OCZ's warranty.
Another angle would be to try to go up to the next ram multi speed to raise the ram frequency. Right now you're at 389/778ddr. Leave the timings loose like you have them now, 5-6-6-18, and try changing the bios dram frequency setting to 486/973. If it will run at the higher dram speed, it should increase your memory bandwidth. If that tests out OK, then you can try to slowly tighten up the timings as well.
Good luck!

Eniqmah
04-03-2007, 04:02 AM
Hi
Thanks for your reply. I am currently struggling with your suggestion. Whenever I disable SPD and manually enter the timings in the bios, my computer will not boot. I believe this is a known problem with my board. I haven't been able to confirm this yet. Is there any other way for me to go about tightening the timings a little bit without the Bios, and if so, what are the steps I should follow? Thanks for helping.