PDA

View Full Version : Thanks and greetings to you all

123bob
03-31-2007, 04:10 PM
I'd like to make my first post as a new xtreme member to thank all of you for doing what you do. :bows: I've lurked over here for quite a while and learned a lot just reading all the threads. Some of you may know me from the EVGA forum. I'm one and the same.

I'm a WC noob and will likely have my share of dumb questions later. I think I can avoid most of the questions you folks get over-and-over. I'll try to come up with a unique catastrophe to ask questions about. :eek: :slobber:

I've got a hot quad that I can't get cool enough on air. It's going to get water. I did the homework and decided the best thing to do was to consult with Petra. I'll be placing my order with them on Monday. I'm doing the GPU Elite kit, with the bigger rad and some other additional parts. They were very helpful to customize it for my particular rig.

For me, starting with water is going to be a slippery slope. I love to tinker with stuff and this will likely lead me to more exotic solutions, whether I need them or not. I have a shop full of tools to play on. I've already penciled out my own waterblock design. I'll be milling that out of a solid copper bar I just happen to have laying around from another project....:p: ...you know how it goes.....:) I'm sure the block will not work nearly as good as the fuzion I'm going to put on, but what the heck, it will be my first attempt.
Greetings and regards to you all.
123Bob

[cTx] Nooc
03-31-2007, 04:17 PM
Hey Bob, welcome to XS :toast: !

You don't seem like a total wc newb, first post and straight to Petra's kits...quite an achievement :) .

Be sure to post pictures!

tommrussell
03-31-2007, 05:12 PM
about 6 months after i got into water petras went into business (hate it when that happens)

welcome bob123 there are plenty of great folks to help here at xs

123bob
03-31-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Since I figured out what I'm going to get for this rig, I can hardly wait to get it! I figure next weekend I'll be knee deep in hardware. :p: I'll post pics in the rig thread.

Tom R, I like your phonetic spelling of Oregon. I'm in Canby, Oregon. We know it's NOT pronounced Or-ree-gone....:D Whereabouts are you? I shop the Fry's in Wilsonville all the time.....keeps me in plenty of trouble....:rolleyes:

Regards,
Bob

tommrussell
03-31-2007, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Since I figured out what I'm going to get for this rig, I can hardly wait to get it! I figure next weekend I'll be knee deep in hardware. :p: I'll post pics in the rig thread.

Tom R, I like your phonetic spelling of Oregon. I'm in Canby, Oregon. We know it's NOT pronounced Or-ree-gone....:D Whereabouts are you? I shop the Fry's in Wilsonville all the time.....keeps me in plenty of trouble....:rolleyes:

Regards,
Bob

noooo $hit:toast: hello neighbor , i'm in gladstone . i do the same frys , when i can sneek out with out the wife knowing:slapass: we'll have to meet up sometime