PDA

View Full Version : evga 680i and ocz memory

tommyshango
03-30-2007, 09:57 PM
I have had a lot of problems with my memory on this board. I have read and read many many "solutions". I started with a 2 gb set of the voltage extreme titanium alpha 8000. It worked fine for a few months and then it acted like it was incompatible with my board. I rmad the board and the memory. I received brand new both. It seemed to work fine again but I could not get channel 1 to work in either slot 1 or 2. both sticks worked fine in slots 3 or 4 but in any combination with both sticks in it would not work. my conclusion was that since each stick worked fine independently it must be AGAIN something with the board. So I rmad the board a third time. With the same results. I talked to the tech guy in your rma dept or whatever hy le ngyun and explained the problem and he promptly upgraded me to the sli 8500 2gb epp set. Which btw was VERY cool. Then today... same problem. I can not get anything to work in slots 1 or 2. slots 3 and 4 work fine. I have another set of ocz memory that I use in my pc downstairs. I put that in and same exact results. I reset the bios memory options and changed voltages ( all of which i tried in the past with no luck).. same thing. Each stick works fine independently in either slots 3 or 4 but not as a 2 gb set. What can i do? I just spent over $800 on watercooling stuff and now im stuck on 1 gb of memory. I need a solution and fast because I want this computer stable and overclocked? Ive had this thing for 8 months now and have yet to have it work for more than a month without something going wrong. I can pm you my number or whatever it takes. I will call the tech dept on monday and hope something can be done and quick..

I appreciate your quick responses in the past and love doing business with you guys !

Thanks

tommyshango
03-30-2007, 09:59 PM
oh the memory error I get when the bios tries to load is a c1 error on the lcd screen which evga says is memory related it will not post past that point.. just says c1 and stops and beeps resets and same thing over and over.. even doing a power cycle whatever..

gigimow
03-30-2007, 11:53 PM
I'm use a Abit IN-9 with some Gold XTC 5400 2 gig set. I have notice that most of the time the SPD are not set up correctly. Even when they are set correct using auto, I have to up the voltage from the default 1.8. I too have the problem of the ram working independently but not very well when both are inserted.

iNF3rN0
03-31-2007, 10:18 AM
thanx for informing me tommy that u are having same problem... i dont wanna think this way but maybe its OCZ having really bad compabability issues with these mobos. I have never had a problem with ocz in the past but this is just very bizzare.

RyderOCZ
03-31-2007, 10:37 AM
You guys have answered half of your own questions.... both sticks work fine. How can you fault the ram if both sticks work?

When memory dies, it dies...it doesn't just decide to "only work by itself"

Boards run ram, ram does not run the board, ram is "dumb" there are no "smart" parts in it. The board supplies it with voltage, resistance values, etc which is why different boards run ram differently.

tommyshango
03-31-2007, 11:52 AM
well then what ram do you have that works with this board? I cant fault the board if I have replaced that as well. and the ram did work fine for about two weeks. so whats the solution?

iNF3rN0
03-31-2007, 10:38 PM
well i fixed my problems. and sadly, it was the memory. Although the memory does work, apparently any brand works better than OCZ on Asus brand boards. Very strange but w/e. I brought it to the shop I bought all my stuff at, and we tried a Adata memory and it now will boot with all dimm slots full. one of the owners of the shop also had this problem with OCZ memory in an Asus board, and it seems OCZ and ASUS just wherent meant to be. Oh well. better luck next time lol

RyderOCZ
04-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Tommy,

Send me an email, link this thread, email is in Sig.

Thanks

tommyshango
04-02-2007, 12:55 PM
i emailed you. i contacted evga and im being sent the latest revision of the 680 motherboard. but it still might not solve this issue.

tommyshango
04-03-2007, 07:21 PM
I still havnt heard back from you?

RyderOCZ
04-03-2007, 07:31 PM
I haven't received an email from you that I know of.

Resend it please.

Make sure you link this thread.