PDA

View Full Version : Help with my new build

psyconut713
03-29-2007, 07:32 AM
I have been thinking about starting a new build soon. My most recent build (in my sig), never really finished, but was mostly completed in August of 2005, and I have been looking at this summer to start and complete a new build. I just have a few questions I was hoping some of my friends here could answer.

1: I have a PC Power and Cooling 1kw, one of the firsts out, I was hoping to have spent 500$ on something that would last me a while, but now, the more power hungry cards are taking an 8-pin connection, can I use mine, or should I sell it and get a new one? Which one?

2: I have a Stacker T-01, love the case, have a few little mod’s on it, but I have been getting bored looking at the same ominous case over the last 2 years. In fact, the only reason I have the case, is because at the time I worked at CompUSA and it was the only case they had that would fit it. I have been thinking of getting a Mountain Mods case, like the dual UFO, and keeping all my current build, and my new build, in the same case, heat no being an issues with my water cooling setup. I also looked at the Bob Slay, thinking I may want to tone it down a bit, and have a less obtrusive case. So should I keep it, or get the UFO, Bob Slay, or another idea? I want to have something “Bling-y” (and I did see the Bob Slay “Bling” edition) but something not as static as the stacker.

3: CPU’s. I have been working away from computers for some time now, I have lots my grip on knowing the best CPU’s and when new ones are coming, same goes with MoBo’s. I have a 4400+ X2 that I over-clocked to 2.72 GHz, but I have learned that some things over-clock better then others now, and a good bored is needed as well. I know the C2C is top notch right now, but what is coming in June-July that I may want to wait for? Or get a cheap CPU, build a new rig, and wait for quad core in the fall?

4: MoBo, I hear great things about many boards, what might be great coming, new chipsets, did the R600 ever come out? Like I said, I lost touch long ago.

5: With my GPU(s), I would probably stick with Nvidia, but I don’t know, did they fix the cross fire stuff? Does it compare? What is the best bang, the buck is not the issue.

Thank you for your time in reading that long, boring mess. And thank you in advance for you comments and suggestions.
:toast: