PDA

View Full Version : DS owners?

serialk11r
03-28-2007, 01:42 AM
Any of you?

yaddam205
03-28-2007, 05:33 AM
I've owned a DSLite sense launch last year in June.

However I only play it when in the Air or not driving on a longer trip.

apt403
03-28-2007, 06:29 AM
I have the original one, im thinking about selling it and getting a DS Lite, brighter screen, smaller, and it comes in black.

The Gameboy Micro is a much better handheld IMO.

RichBa5tard
03-28-2007, 06:47 AM
I've got a 'light' one since last summer. Really like it! It's perfect if you never have a (few) hour(s) to spare to play on a pc or a console. Many of the DS games allows you to play it for only a few minutes, and enjoy it. Personally, I only enjoy pc or console games if I can play for at least 2 hours uninterupted, and I don't have time for that anymore.

serialk11r
03-28-2007, 01:36 PM
I have a non-lite DS, and I love it, the screen resolution is crappy but some games are really impressive. Nothing like a round of burnout legend or metroid prime hunters when your away from home and can't get to your computer. I'm impressed with the fact that Nintendo can offer such a nice portable gaming system with acceptable graphics, for such a low price. I use it as my alarm, mainly, because the speakers on that thing are MONSTROUSLY loud! :D

Serra
03-28-2007, 01:42 PM
I have a DS Lite - perfect for when you're waiting for or while riding on a train.

Celeron Gamer
03-28-2007, 05:25 PM
I have the clamshell, it's a awesome system when you find the games that suits you. Otherwise, it's swimming through piles of and piles of games.

Fr3ak
03-30-2007, 05:09 AM
I also have a DS lite. Perfect to kill some time while sitting in the train. At uni, a couple of my mates have them aswell and playing with 8ppl is so much fun :)

Unfortunately FF3 is not out in Europe yet :/

Marco André
03-30-2007, 09:12 AM
This is the right gadget for you :)

http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/03/solardslite.jpg

The maniacs at Tom's Hardware behind the solar Wii have done it again, this time making a solar Nintendo device that's a bit more portable. Yes, they've brought their sun-loving ways to the DS Lite, making a version that lets you have marathon Mario Kart DS sessions without needing to plug in and get rejoiced.

Personally, I'm not exactly a whiz with the soldering iron, so I'd be afraid of accidentally fusing two of my fingers together, but this looks like a pretty sweet project for the more handy of you out there, so be sure to check out their step-by-step guide showing how they created this monster.
Source (http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/who-loves-the-sun-the-solar+powered-ds-lite-248410.php)

And if you like to know how to make that solar powered DS lite, here is the link: http://www.twitchguru.com/2007/03/29/how_to_make_a_solar_powered_ds_lite/

serialk11r
03-30-2007, 02:02 PM
This is the right gadget for you :)

http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/03/solardslite.jpg
Personally, I'm not exactly a whiz with the soldering iron, so I'd be afraid of accidentally fusing two of my fingers together, but this looks like a pretty sweet project for the more handy of you out there, so be sure to check out their step-by-step guide showing how they created this monster.

How do you fuze your fingers together with a soldering iron ??????:confused:

Magnj
04-10-2007, 07:28 AM
I have a Lite...I play mostly pacman from GBA lol but I have Mariokart and New Super Mario Bros.

Celeron Gamer
04-10-2007, 11:40 PM
How do you fuze your fingers together with a soldering iron ??????:confused:

Simple, it/he's a robot

cyron1
04-15-2007, 07:35 PM
i have the old school one, got it for free from a friend :). only have 1 game though, super mario 64, its kinda boring

serialk11r
04-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Simple, it/he's a robot

With tin fingers???

mukmaster
11-17-2007, 03:29 PM
DS phatty owner here

AliG
11-17-2007, 03:48 PM
yaddam205;2095700']I've owned a DSLite sense launch last year in June.

However I only play it when in the Air or not driving on a longer trip.
yeah same here (except I have the original silver ds), it's kinda nice for trips, but the battery life isn't that great due to the two screens compared to my old gameboy sp. Not to mention the games get pretty boring fairly easily