PDA

View Full Version : Mx-eva3

koneko
06-27-2002, 07:10 AM
Guys,

I've used extreme cooling measures before (we have a home mini freezer set up for cooling one of our rigs ATM), but about the MX-EVA3.

Did it give you guys any condensation problems? If so, how did you stop that, or does it come with anything supplied?

OPPAINTER
06-27-2002, 10:30 AM
Read these, you have to do some condensation proofing.

http://www.icrontic.com/index.php?page=public/hardware&hardwareId=364

http://www.apushardware.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=26605&highlight=condensation

OPP

koneko
06-28-2002, 12:02 AM
Sweet, thanks Mr Guru man :)

New-girl on the boards, plus I still love these:
:banana:

Leo
06-28-2002, 03:43 PM
Hey OPP,

Just wondering, did you bother condensation proofing the actual evaporator block? Without the block heater plugged in the thing does get pretty chilly. I figured slapping some neoprene and Silicone II would be better for temps than using the block heater.

Hardass
06-28-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by koneko

Welcome to Xtreme, glad you came enjoy.

OPPAINTER
06-28-2002, 04:32 PM
Leo,

I sure didn't and your abosultly right. I did get a drip on my vid Card once, I started useing the heater but insulating the block would have been a better plan.

OPP

OPPAINTER
06-28-2002, 04:35 PM

I just read this Quote koneko, welcome to Xtreme:D
We love haveing Girls on the Block:)

OPP

koneko
07-01-2002, 02:21 AM
Glad to be here :)

When we hooked our P4 up to our freezer we used silicon as an insulator kinda. Seems to work at the moment.

OPPAINTER
07-01-2002, 08:26 AM
Glad to be here :)

When we hooked our P4 up to our freezer we used silicon as an insulator kinda. Seems to work at the moment.

I use to use a lot of silicone, it just was to hard to clean up off the mobo and components, what ever works though:)

OPP

2xD
07-01-2002, 08:35 AM
Just a quick question, what do these EVA3's cost at average?
I'm really thinking of getting one too, but the only store I found so far that has them, doesn't mention the price, and they don't really reply to emails either...
Perhaps you could also give some other stores then oc-shop.nl that carry them :)

Leo
07-01-2002, 09:50 AM
Well to get one over to the U.S. after shipping costs $500-$600. I believe they're something like $300 if you buy them in South Korea where they are manufactured. You might want to e-mail them directly and ask what their price would be to get a unit over to Belgium.

This is all assuming that you can get your hands on one because Maxxxpert discontinued the EVA3 a few weeks ago due to QC problems (which OPP, DD, Gooch and myself have all personally seen with the units that made it to us). No idea when they'll be back on the market.