PDA

View Full Version : Abit Fatal1ty F-190HD Problem

Dalkarian
03-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi there, yesterday I recieved this motherboard and when I had everything mounted I tried to turn on and the motherboard and it didn't post.
I tried to change the PSU, RAM, CPU different configurations but nothing works, the isn't a way to make the board post.

This is my rig:
CPU: Intel E6400
Mobo: F-190HD
RAM: OCZ Value RAM 1GB
GPU: onboard graphics
HDD: Samsung SP2504C 250gb
PSU: Zalman 400w psu
DVD: Samsung SH-W163 18x S-ATA

If anyone can help me it will make me a great favour;)

Heidfirst
03-25-2007, 05:56 PM
imo you'll get more help on Hardocp/Anandtech/abit-usa as there are more people with that board there.

MrBean
04-06-2007, 04:13 AM
Unplug everything except 1 memory stick and your cpu.

Try to see if it will post.

If not, do a proper CMOS reset, ie unplug power cord, put CLR CMOS jumper on, remove battery for a minute or so, put battery back, reset jumper to normal, plug power cord back in and test with same single memory stick and CPU plugged in.

Give us feedback.

Blaineikans
04-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Unplug everything except 1 memory stick and your cpu.

This. If I reset the CMOS I have to run one stick and up the memory voltage before I can install the other. OCZ memory as well.

trans am
04-11-2007, 09:17 AM
This. If I reset the CMOS I have to run one stick and up the memory voltage before I can install the other. OCZ memory as well.

I've tried this as well and it didn't fix my problem. Both sticks work one at a time but not together.

Lestat
04-13-2007, 04:26 PM
you cant put them together as dual channel.
once the dimm slots die you lose all dual channel abilities.

dimm slots 1 and 2 die try 3 and 4

Abit is denying any issues thus far as there is an 8-10% failure rate which they claim is well within limits.
but it wont take you but 1 google search for issues on this baord and you will get plastered with people with dead boards...

no issue ? yeah b.s.

i just mine today and i am scared to death to try it

Heidfirst
04-13-2007, 06:37 PM
there's a 12.B01 BIOS on the abit USA forum if anyone is adventurous

irev210
04-14-2007, 11:02 AM
you cant put them together as dual channel.
once the dimm slots die you lose all dual channel abilities.

dimm slots 1 and 2 die try 3 and 4

Abit is denying any issues thus far as there is an 8-10% failure rate which they claim is well within limits.
but it wont take you but 1 google search for issues on this baord and you will get plastered with people with dead boards...

no issue ? yeah b.s.

i just mine today and i am scared to death to try it

i really think it comes down to your board lestat

like my board has no problems with ram (ive tested about 40GB worth of different ram, including 2GB*4, and even 8GB worked fine for me.

My major issues include not being able to boot from CDROM and TV Tuner issues