PDA

View Full Version : KN8 - ultra - San Diego 3700+ 939 Rev e6 support

DyJohnnY
03-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi,

Is this CPU revision going to be supported for the KN8 ultra?
i've bought my SD 3700+ had some nice RAM from before [corsair tccx] the switch from epox to abit, and now i can't use my ram at stock speeds, in dual channel 1T comand rate because there is a problem with the board, most likely the fact that is does not support this revision of the CPU.

I've raise the problem on abit usa forums, no one seems to care, sent them a customer support email, no response, no notihing, i'm hoping someone reads this section, or can at least point me to a modded bios that works, if such a thing exists,

thanks

Heidfirst
03-25-2007, 06:01 PM
the board supports other E6s so imo the reason that it's not shown under CPU support for that precise processor is more likely just that they've never tested it rather than that there is a problem.

DyJohnnY
03-26-2007, 07:51 AM
the board supports other E6s so imo the reason that it's not shown under CPU support for that precise processor is more likely just that they've never tested it rather than that there is a problem.

well I am not the only person experiencing this, i know of at least 5 people admiting to this problem, no one saying their rev E6 cpu's are working on KN8 ultra.

FURTERMORE, i forgot to add this, i can't change command rate in BIOS. I looked at all the manual it lists the command, but i can't change it! I do not have the option in the menu. The board just selects 1T for dual channel and 2T for single, and that's how i can do anything, 2T single channel.

And of course 1T stock frequencies, various latencies, i get Bsod + instability.

And i'm not sure i can agree with saying, E6, "has" to be supported, because all the other E6's are supported. SD is a toledo half dead, if Single core dual core things were so EASY, i'd imagine they would work out of the box, they didn't have to come out with bios revisions.

Furthermore, if they updated it to support toledo dual core E6, i am pretty sure they didn't test the SD, and say, oh well it works, but let's not print it on our website, people will get it anyway...

just my HO

Zardokk
03-26-2007, 08:56 PM
I've used both a 3700 Sandy and an X2 4400 Toledo on my KN8 and both worked well. Both E6 revisions, as well.

DyJohnnY
03-27-2007, 12:08 PM
And can you change the command rate in bios?