Xeon 3060
FP-IN9 SLI
RAM: ocz titanium alpha 8000 2x1gb OR Corsair 5400UL 2 x 512mb
Saphire X1050
seagate 7200.10 250gb
mushkin 550w psu
samsung lightscribe 18x ide

NEW RIG INSTALL:

I get one long beep after about 15seconds.
Fans and leds work fine.

cpu works fine ive tested in p5b dlx fine.
ram works fine in p5b dlx

-also test 1 stick at a time and different dimm slots. still no post.
any ideas would be appreciated.

mr_knowitall15
03-22-2007, 09:06 AM
Thats because this board is the biggest POS EVER!!!! I ordered one from newegg as a replacement for the evga 680i that died on me. The first one SEEMED to work ok, but would always immediately crash and restart the comp as soon as windows tryed to load. Even off of the windows disk. After crosstesting hardware and talking it over with a friend who does PC Serviced for a living as well as a hobby, we figured out that the board had a busted ATA controller.
Round two with this board:
I finally get the replacement back from the egg, and i can load windows, until i tryed setting the BIOS to control my usb mouse rather than the OS handling it. After asking around here i found out that there is a known bug that if USB mouse or keyboard is set to BIOS, it screws it up and causes a lockup. Bring on annoying bug #2. Ive noticed that when you have to do a hard shutdown (holding power button) That the POST code readout thing says 8.3. and will now power on again unless i unplug the power from the PSU. WTF is up with that?? Finally, after many random crashes on a fresh install of windows, (SPi wouldnt even run BTW, not even 1M, i kept getting the not exact in round) it finally gave up altogether. It stopped POSTing, and Hanging on C1 code which was memory. I thought "AH HA!!" A breakthrough! SO i take one stick out, all is fine. I put that stick back in and take the other out, all is fine. WTF, both sticks are fine. The board simply refused to POST with 2 ram sticks, in any combination of slots.
SO i throw my original board from this rig in. An ABit AW9D MAX. All is fine, except i have to do a clean install of windows because it was wigging out about the drivers. Go figure.
Long story short, Its going back to newegg. Im never buying abit again.
I firmly believe that abit RUSHED this board out to jump on the 680i bandwagon sooner. Well good ass idea, as not too many people will buy a $300+ mobo in the first place, let alone a $300+ mobo that has many big bugs, doesnt OC as well as other boards, AND is unstable at stock clocks. Congrats Abit! :thumbsup:
EDIT: Im dumb. Your thread is about the fatality board... Oh well. Let it be known that the IN9 32X MAX SUCKS HARD!!!!

zert
03-23-2007, 01:44 PM
its a real shame with abit.
they make beautiful hardware, only they keep screwing up their bioses.
a real pitty