PDA

View Full Version : Devil May Cry 4 Coming TO X360, PC

sladesurfer
03-21-2007, 07:28 AM
The Japanese videogame developer has announced that “Devil May Cry” is no longer a PlayStation-only franchise. The fourth installment will now see Dante’s adventures spill over onto PC and Xbox 360, as well as PS3.

:) http://wham.canoe.ca/360/2007/03/20/3790412.html

Soon MGS4 http://www.digg.com/gaming_news/Metal_Gear_Solid_4_Coming_to_Xbox_360

CBONE
03-21-2007, 07:49 AM
'Bout time. I thought I'd never play either series again. When's God of War coming to PC?

nn_step
03-21-2007, 07:54 AM
one more reason NOT to buy a PS3 :woot:

kromosto
03-21-2007, 07:57 AM
one more reason NOT to buy a PS3 :woot:

is there any reason for buying it.

sladesurfer
03-21-2007, 07:59 AM
What's going on? Sony is gradually losing their exlusive titles

nn_step
03-21-2007, 08:02 AM

not until F@H is supported fully

rob[GL]
03-21-2007, 08:02 AM
PS3 suckssssssssssssssssss

gdogg
03-21-2007, 08:04 AM
one thing sony does have going for them is that free online gameplay stuff.

Xbox 360 has even less reason to be purchased then the ps3. I don't understand it, maybe people like to buy the underdog in performance.

Xbox vs ps2 as an example.

XS2K
03-21-2007, 08:05 AM
What's going on? Sony is gradually losing their exlusive titles
Maybe they aren't paying enough money for exlusivity,and the game studios that design the games know that they will sell more if it will be available on more platforms.

sladesurfer
03-21-2007, 08:08 AM

Xbox 360 has even less reason to be purchased then the ps3. I don't understand it, maybe people like to buy the underdog in performance.

$49 a year is nothing. Thats like one game. I always hear... atleast sony online is free. well, Here's how i see it. Its like MMORG games on PC. The games that you have to pay monthly is much better than the free ones. i.e. less problem,more centralize community and better support. Here's a brief explanation on free vs. paying online games http://www.overclock.net/video-games-general/164813-monthly-fees-high-sys-req-no.html

gdogg
03-21-2007, 08:10 AM
well it is something ... lol

I just don't think its worth anything. PC online gameplay = free
ps2 online gameplay = free
ps3 online gameplay = free
wii online gameplay = free

microsoft = greedy

xlink
03-21-2007, 08:13 AM

F@H

xlink
03-21-2007, 08:15 AM

you realize that th xbox has a better GPU and that on a console the games and the overall cost is what matters, not the theoretical power of an underutilized, hard-to-program-for CPU.

madcho
03-21-2007, 08:33 AM
PS3 is less usefull than an amiga ;)

gdogg
03-21-2007, 08:42 AM
you realize that th xbox has a better GPU and that on a console the games and the overall cost is what matters, not the theoretical power of an underutilized, hard-to-program-for CPU.

that gpu in the xbox 360 is also , severely borked. Due to the 10MB onchip memory, can't do directx 10. I could go on, but you'd be like, link link link, and I don't waste my time bookmarking things that don't affect me.

XS2K
03-21-2007, 08:50 AM
Well from what I heard X360 has it's own API so it's not DX10 or DX9 and the grafic card is somewhat similar to ATi R5XX series with unified shader architecture.

Ubermann
03-21-2007, 09:12 AM
The only reason why i would never ever buy a PS3 is that GFX part in it.
The rest about the bad news and sony i dont care about.
When you buy a console you want it to have the latest tech GFX part in it to make it last some years, this has everything else latest tech and what gamer cares about that ?

Or did they make a Fold in a box device ?

gdogg
03-21-2007, 09:14 AM
but even though many believe the xbox 360 has the better gpu, what about the reports that it cannot do AF at at all, and is stuck at 2XAA. This being caused by the 10MB onchip memory, that gave it that 2XAA for free.

Where the ps3 doesn't have this issue.

XSAlliN
03-21-2007, 09:19 AM
WHAT ABOUT Gran Turismo - PLEASE make it available for PC. :(

DeathReborn
03-21-2007, 09:55 AM
Isn't Devil May Cry 3 available on the PC already?

theteamaqua
03-21-2007, 09:58 AM
well it is something ... lol

I just don't think its worth anything. PC online gameplay = free
ps2 online gameplay = free
ps3 online gameplay = free
wii online gameplay = free

microsoft = greedy

agrtee ps3 is actually a good deal , i get to play games and blu ray for $599

but a 360 + HD DVD (which games dont even use it) is $598 ...

and online gaming = $69.99

and crappy games costs $59.99 .. on a DVD ..at least sony's games uses blu rya only costs $59.99... this means that sony actually makes less money than M$

so yeah M$ is greedy .. i dunno how any one can be fool by the price tag u initial pay for the console , and the amount of money u need to pour into it after u bought it

zephyer anyone?? $478 .... the same 360 with 120GB HDD , and HDMI

as a 360 owner i am pissed, :banana::banana::banana::banana: you M$ :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing greedy :banana::banana::banana::banana:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenos

as for its GPU ...

it has a 32MB 256GB/sec frame buffer .. with 22GB/sec memory bandwidth for texturing, 16 TMU , 8 ROP , 48 unified shaders ...

Starscream
03-21-2007, 10:10 AM
$49 a year is nothing. Thats like one game. I always hear... atleast sony online is free. well, Here's how i see it. Its like MMORG games on PC. The games that you have to pay monthly is much better than the free ones. i.e. less problem,more centralize community and better support. Here's a brief explanation on free vs. paying online games http://www.overclock.net/video-games-general/164813-monthly-fees-high-sys-req-no.html

eh the money you pay for online play with the xbox360 isnt for the games.

your basicly paying for ur online stats.

Metroid
03-21-2007, 10:32 AM
PS3 is expensive yet as the XBOX 360 is. So for the moment I really do not see any reason to buy one of them. The Wii is way more expensive than the two consoles earlier said. The good and the bad point about PS3 is the Blue Ray which is good for high definition users but bad for people with low budget. I agree with Sony in the way that they selling PS3 consoles with Blue Ray because they want to win the format war, in the next 2 years I believe will be no game that will use 50 Gigabytes double layer. So the point is if Sony was a company that likes its customers, Sony should do like Microsoft and make the Blue Ray an add on for the moment. So why is Sony doing this?

Answer:They want to exterminate HD-DVD soon, selling 3 Blue Ray's to 1 HD-DVD is the target. Sony is just pushing the Blue Ray to people to adopt it.
Damn Sony they will never change.

Let's boycott it for while. Until it gets cheaper and smaller. I do not like the size of the PS3.

Wii is a great console but Nintendo could do it cheaper and accessible to us. I do not like the way Nintendo is treating its customers. I know they need money but here in UK is the same price as 1 XBOX 360 core model. The Wii price should be around half price that it is right now. It costs here in UK 180£. It should cost 99£ an unit.

XBOX 360 is still too big for me and ugly. I hate the way the controller was done. I would buy it just for HD games or movies. The PS3 still has the upscaling problem. So if someone is going to buy it especially here in UK, make sure to buy the right TV for it.

I still have many things to tell if I keep talking this thread is going to be much bigger. Stopping for now :)

generics_user
03-21-2007, 10:40 AM
agrtee ps3 is actually a good deal , i get to play games and blu ray for $599

but a 360 + HD DVD (which games dont even use it) is $598 ...

and online gaming = $69.99

and crappy games costs $59.99 .. on a DVD ..at least sony's games uses blu rya only costs $59.99... this means that sony actually makes less money than M$

so yeah M$ is greedy .. i dunno how any one can be fool by the price tag u initial pay for the console , and the amount of money u need to pour into it after u bought it

zephyer anyone?? $478 .... the same 360 with 120GB HDD , and HDMI

as a 360 owner i am pissed, :banana::banana::banana::banana: you M$ :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing greedy :banana::banana::banana::banana:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenos

as for its GPU ...

it has a 32MB 256GB/sec frame buffer .. with 22GB/sec memory bandwidth for texturing, 16 TMU , 8 ROP , 48 unified shaders ...
1.) there will be no zephyr
2.) Blu-Ray read speeds (with PS3s drive) are so slow that loading times are much longer than those of DVD games (PS3 has a 2x blu ray drive which equals 64 mbit (9 mb) /s while the M$ dvd games have a read speed of 128 mbit/s (12x DVD drive, Sony only has 8x)
3.) Blu-Ray discs only have a protection layer of 1mm opposed to 6mm of DVD drives and are far more sensitive to scratches than DVDs
4.) M$ HD-DVD drive has a higher read-rate than sonys Blu-Ray drive
5.) online gaming is 5$/month, i am willing to pay this premium for a superiour online platform
6.) the xbox has a better CPU for gaming titles and a more advanced GPU
7.) I PREFER 2XAA with good framerates over higher AA modes at worse framerates (it is proven that MS has the better image quality and higher framerates)
8.) MS controllers have a better controller layout (PS3s analog sticks location is horrible (but form games like tekken and DOA the cross is better...)

ahmad
03-21-2007, 10:45 AM
They probably had to open up because of the crappy PS3 sales. The devs won't make any money if they limit themselves to SONY. No more PS2 days.

Syn.
03-21-2007, 11:03 AM
but even though many believe the xbox 360 has the better gpu, what about the reports that it cannot do AF at at all, and is stuck at 2XAA. This being caused by the 10MB onchip memory, that gave it that 2XAA for free.

Stop posting lyies. I am yet to read a "report" that says PS3 GPU is better then Xenon or that Xenon has anyproblems rending games.

P.S if you dont know what Xenon is then you are full of bull's poop!

Metroid
03-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Cell will never be like Xenon because of the DEV kits, Micro$oft is the winner in this area. Programming for Xenon is a kind of well being. As for cell and its bad programming kits just let us to pray for it. That is why games are taking decades to develop. :D

7he ]-[0rr0r
03-21-2007, 11:35 AM

I didn't realize it was stuck at 2x and the loss of anisotropic filtering sucks but if you are running at 1920x1080 do you really need a lot antialiasing?I could definitely see wanting 4x on 720p.
oh wait what forum am I on again...

DilTech
03-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Most people don't realize, capcom stated in their press release that they're pursuing a multi-platform launch with all their titles from here on out. As in, no more x360 exclusives either.

The real kicker is capcom is going to be making PC titles too.....

awdrifter
03-21-2007, 12:11 PM
I don't own any next gen system right now, so the PC release is definitely good news to me. Hopefully we'll get MGS4 on PC too.

Mr.X
03-21-2007, 12:18 PM
God I hope MGS comes to the 360 and/or the PC. I don't want to buy a PS3 but Metal Gear Solid is the best series ever and I don't know if I could resist. I know, unlikely but one can only hope...

Rava6e
03-21-2007, 12:31 PM

Yup, lol.

DilTech
03-21-2007, 02:31 PM

Yes, but it was a horrendous ubisoft port. Hopefully capcom stating PC, Xbox360, and PS3 means they're doing to work, so it won't be a shoddy port this time around.

xlink
03-21-2007, 02:37 PM
that gpu in the xbox 360 is also , severely borked. Due to the 10MB onchip memory, can't do directx 10. I could go on, but you'd be like, link link link, and I don't waste my time bookmarking things that don't affect me.

so let me see if I have this right...

Xenos - 10mb cache - unified shader architecture - up to 512mb system RAM for use.

RSX -0mb cache - legacy differentiated shader architecture - 256mb dedicated RAM.

I seriously don't see how you can complain that Xenos only has 10mb cache when it's the only GPU to even have it. giving GPUs is an innovative and long overdue design.

[XC] Lead Head
03-21-2007, 02:40 PM
The Xenos can do 2x or 4x AA. Microsoft forces a 2x AA minimum however. Also, I'm pretty sure that the Xenos can do AF considering the Nintendo 64 could even do AF.

gdogg
03-21-2007, 02:43 PM
so let me see if I have this right...

Xenos - 10mb cache - unified shader architecture - up to 512mb system RAM for use.

RSX -0mb cache - legacy differentiated shader architecture - 256mb dedicated RAM.

I seriously don't see how you can complain that Xenos only has 10mb cache when it's the only GPU to even have it. giving GPUs is an innovative and long overdue design.

just going on sh*t I read. Like the post. Yah know whats funny, people who say the xbox 360 looks better.

I don't think so, I've seen it in stores, I think its ugly and im not just talking about the case.

On a proper display vs the ps3, even in the ps3's first gen games, vs xbox 360's second and third gen, the ps3 always looks better.

No need to convince me of what you think, cause it don't matter what you think, it only matters what I think. I don't need convincing of it.

xlink
03-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Stop posting lyies. I am yet to read a "report" that says PS3 GPU is better then Xenon or that Xenon has anyproblems rending games.

P.S if you dont know what Xenon is then you are full of bull's poop!

and what is the PS3 able to do again?

2xAA @ that res is acceptable and the AA can be jacked up on lower resolutions.

show me side-by-side comparisons where the SP3 has better image quality and better frame rates?

show me the PS3 doing HDR and AA at the same time?

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html?sid=6162742

i've played the xbox 360 and the PS3 side by side as well, and the PS3 does a :banana::banana::banana::banana:ty job on AA, to me it's horrible. The xbox 360 wasn't much better, but it was tolerable.

gdogg
03-21-2007, 03:07 PM
and what is the PS3 able to do again?

2xAA @ that res is acceptable and the AA can be jacked up on lower resolutions.

show me side-by-side comparisons where the SP3 has better image quality and better frame rates?

show me the PS3 doing HDR and AA at the same time?

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html?sid=6162742

i've played the xbox 360 and the PS3 side by side as well, and the PS3 does a :banana::banana::banana::banana:ty job on AA, to me it's horrible. The xbox 360 wasn't much better, but it was tolerable.

haha see this is what im talking about. Opinions. Surly I am allowed to have mine, and you have yours.

The side by side comparison I've seen, to me, made the ps3 look alot better, then in the end of the review claimed the xbox 360 was better in most tests.

When I could clearly see with my 30" lcd tv at 720p, that it was the ps3 that looked better cept in 2 tests.

But thats my opinion and its worth no more than yours.

citat3962
03-21-2007, 03:24 PM
That article was the one always refer back to when comparing..

Look at the last pic of Madden 07 with the Patriot player on it...

the symbol in the 360 version is readable... PS3 is not..

Look at the edges of his jersey... looks like it has Fuzz on it...

IMO the PS3 AA looks Awful..

However I have no reason to buy either console because neither one has a killer app I must have that's worth spending 400-600$ on plus games and spare controllers and cables and any other nickel dime they want to get me for.

ON Topic:

So let me get this right... Devil May cry is already out for the PC yet they're going to do ANOTHER port to PC for it to fix what they screwed up??

Why not patch the original instead of reinventing the wheel?

DilTech
03-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Lead Head;2083323']The Xenos can do 2x or 4x AA. Microsoft forces a 2x AA minimum however. Also, I'm pretty sure that the Xenos can do AF considering the Nintendo 64 could even do AF.

Microsoft told everyone they'd force 2xAA, in reality they didn't and it was just PR BS.

Pop in gears, and you'll find a lack of AA. Infact, no title on UE3 on the x360 will support AA, they use other post-processing tricks to sort of emulate AA, but it's not doing AA.PGR3 also lacks AA.

That article was the one always refer back to when comparing..

Look at the last pic of Madden 07 with the Patriot player on it...

the symbol in the 360 version is readable... PS3 is not..

Look at the edges of his jersey... looks like it has Fuzz on it...

IMO the PS3 AA looks Awful..

However I have no reason to buy either console because neither one has a killer app I must have that's worth spending 400-600$ on plus games and spare controllers and cables and any other nickel dime they want to get me for.

ON Topic:

So let me get this right... Devil May cry is already out for the PC yet they're going to do ANOTHER port to PC for it to fix what they screwed up??

Why not patch the original instead of reinventing the wheel?

Thus far, PS3 vs Xbox360 screens aren't applicable, because they're written for the 360 and ported to the PS3. Us PC gamers know the horror of ports(especially from EA) all to well. We'll have to wait til games are released that specifically take advantage of both systems before true judgements can be made.

As for DMC on the PC(which was 3, this discussion is about DMC4), that was ported by ubisoft, who are actually becoming WORSE than EA about ports. Hopefully, this time it'll be capcom bringing it over, because these sideteams don't put any heart into their work.

theteamaqua
03-21-2007, 04:43 PM
1.) there will be no zephyr
2.) Blu-Ray read speeds (with PS3s drive) are so slow that loading times are much longer than those of DVD games (PS3 has a 2x blu ray drive which equals 64 mbit (9 mb) /s while the M$ dvd games have a read speed of 128 mbit/s (12x DVD drive, Sony only has 8x)
3.) Blu-Ray discs only have a protection layer of 1mm opposed to 6mm of DVD drives and are far more sensitive to scratches than DVDs
4.) M$ HD-DVD drive has a higher read-rate than sonys Blu-Ray drive
5.) online gaming is 5$/month, i am willing to pay this premium for a superiour online platform
6.) the xbox has a better CPU for gaming titles and a more advanced GPU
7.) I PREFER 2XAA with good framerates over higher AA modes at worse framerates (it is proven that MS has the better image quality and higher framerates)
8.) MS controllers have a better controller layout (PS3s analog sticks location is horrible (but form games like tekken and DOA the cross is better...)

1.) there will be no zephyr? yeah believe what ever u wanna believe 360 fan boyz
2.) Blu Ray has much larger capacity .. more texture more content .... i dont mind if its slower
3.)i dont give a crap about protection .. oh yeah remmeber how 360 sraches disc when it changes from vertical to horizontal or vise versa ? PS3, and Wii dont do that
4)MS HD DVD costs $199, and that makes 360 $599
5)online gaming is $69.99 for a year ... and it sux ... free member ship sux
6) xbox 360 has better CPU ?? what dope ur on?
7) i prefer having 4xAA on a 1600x1050 22" LCD Monitor with my Conroe setup
8) my PC can have ocntrollers , too
9) 360 will get a waterded down version of Crysis
10) how much M$ pay u to say that ?? do u or ur family member works for them??

i bought 360 mainly b/c it has Grars of War and Halo 3 ... after these 2 games it will be more useless than a flower in my room ... the worst $399 i ever spent

yes i do own wii and ps3 and 360 ...

Kanten
03-21-2007, 04:54 PM
-[0rr0r;2083004']I didn't realize it was stuck at 2x and the loss of anisotropic filtering sucks but if you are running at 1920x1080 do you really need a lot antialiasing?

Yeah, I do. The more AA the better. I think a little part of me gets angry when I see jaggies on something claiming to be a high-definition program.

[XC] Lead Head
03-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I do. The more AA the better. I think a little part of me gets angry when I see jaggies on something claiming to be a high-definition program.

Well, technically FSAA just renders the image at a higher resolution, then scales it down to the resolution you have it at. So technically, the higher your resolution, the less AA you need.

Kanten
03-21-2007, 05:32 PM
I still see jaggies playing any 360 game though.

MrDeeds
03-21-2007, 06:09 PM
... the worst $399 i ever spent

You always seem to spazz out so hard in your posts like your this victim that got robbed.

This console war thing is funny to me because people always want to pull out these cpu/gpu comparisons that really don't matter at the end of the day.

Its all about the software. In previous years exclusive titles determined who was going to sink or swim. Now with more games being released on multiple platforms you have a true choice.

The new issue is which console is going to be the easiest to develope for. It doesn't matter to me if the ps3 has the potential for the best looking games if the games don't look that good. From what I've seen so far, ps3 graphics just aren't there yet.

I have my own personal beef with the ps3s price but all that aside I just don't see any reason to buy one yet. This is a year and a half later and the 360 has so many features that the majority of its owners don't even use.

At the end of the day we're all going to have our preferences and biases.

I had every console from the last gen. The xbox had the best graphics but i still preferred the ps2.

clayton
03-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Well... my XBOX 360 have been eating dust for at least 5 months. I should of just waited for price drop.

theteamaqua
03-21-2007, 06:58 PM
You always seem to spazz out so hard in your posts like your this victim that got robbed.

This console war thing is funny to me because people always want to pull out these cpu/gpu comparisons that really don't matter at the end of the day.

Its all about the software. In previous years exclusive titles determined who was going to sink or swim. Now with more games being released on multiple platforms you have a true choice.

The new issue is which console is going to be the easiest to develope for. It doesn't matter to me if the ps3 has the potential for the best looking games if the games don't look that good. From what I've seen so far, ps3 graphics just aren't there yet.

I have my own personal beef with the ps3s price but all that aside I just don't see any reason to buy one yet. This is a year and a half later and the 360 has so many features that the majority of its owners don't even use.

At the end of the day we're all going to have our preferences and biases.

I had every console from the last gen. The xbox had the best graphics but i still preferred the ps2.

b4 i begine no i am not a fanboy of any kind ... i play w/e games every console has

and yeah ps 3 sux .. no good games on it yet ... but 360 is no better anyways ... again if u want HD DVD with 360 it cost as much as PS3 ....

and yeah i am pissed . fukking zephyer is gonna be out soon and and as someone who owned 360 since Feb last year .. fukk that shizt

and do i enjoy it ? yes , Gears of War was a lot of fun, so was Dead Rising , but that was it ... piece of junk needs $69.99 to go online , and a friggining DVD game costs $59.99 that to me just shows how greedy M$ is

oh yeah there is a free member ship but its as crap as u cant imagine .. silver dont get demo couple WEEKS, yes WEEKS after Gold has it... Download speed is frigging slow ... I have 3Mb connection and it took me about 1 to 2 hours to download mere 600MB demo most of the time ...

but like i said after Halo 3 , Gears of War 2 i just dont see any reason to not to smash it

Well... my XBOX 360 have been eating dust for at least 5 months. I should of just waited for price drop.

hehe yeah so did mine .. havent touched it after i beat Gears of War 2 weeks after launch on Hardcore. Insane is just too hard for 1 player ...

funny how the 360 fanboyz always think they gets everything .. MGS 4 , Crysis , DMC , SupCom

theteamaqua
03-21-2007, 09:45 PM
its jsut that the fanboys r really annoying

last generation the ps 2 vs xbox gen .. playstation 2/sony fan boys were the worst ... the blindest .. most idiotic ..etc

but this gen? 360 fan boys took their place and became even more ignorant and thinks that every game on every frigging consoles is comin to 360 and that 360 can do everything better than anything

just go to ign or gamespot ... in gamespot Crysis forum (btw its for PC , GS hasnt made 360, PS3 Crysis forum simply b/c it has not been announced .. yet)

u can pretty much see the "Crysis comin to 360" "360 can handle Crysis max Proof inside" thread every fukking day ... someone should teabag those nubs

but then again it just makes my day knowing that those lemmings (what they called ) arent getting Crysis in the near future, and that they r just jealous and cant afford a decent PC therefore start fooling themselves that 360 can do all the things they want

Kingcarcas
03-21-2007, 10:48 PM
Ace Combat 6 has also been confirmed for the 360, no word on PS3 yet...

XBOX 360 is still too big for me and ugly. I hate the way the controller was done.
I've heard it's the best controller design ever made :stick:

On a proper display vs the ps3, even in the ps3's first gen games, vs xbox 360's second and third gen, the ps3 always looks better.
Really? That's not what Gamespot said, but i wouldn't know because everytime i go to CC the PS3 has never worked.

No because it's not needed for games, i can play that game too. PS3+HDMI cable+120GB HDD=$800 :clap:

theteamaqua
03-21-2007, 11:33 PM
No because it's not needed for games, i can play that game too. PS3+HDMI cable+120GB HDD=$800 :clap:

No because its actually used for games , and for people who buy HD DVD for 360 they got robbed .. its not even used for games, and games costs the same

360 + online gaming 5 years + HDMI cable (oh wait it doesnt have one) + 120GB (oh thats 6 x 20GB HDD = $100 )
$399 + $250 + 0 + $600 = $1250:clap:

hell i cant get another conroe rig for that price:clap:

and PS 3 + 5 year online gaming + HDMI cable + 120GB HDD :clap:
$599 + 0 + $50 + $110 ( the 120GB i bought was $110) = $760 :clap:

generics_user
03-22-2007, 02:20 AM
1.) there will be no zephyr? yeah believe what ever u wanna believe 360 fan boyz
2.) Blu Ray has much larger capacity .. more texture more content .... i dont mind if its slower
3.)i dont give a crap about protection .. oh yeah remmeber how 360 sraches disc when it changes from vertical to horizontal or vise versa ? PS3, and Wii dont do that
5)online gaming is $69.99 for a year ... and it sux ... free member ship sux
6) xbox 360 has better CPU ?? what dope ur on?
7) i prefer having 4xAA on a 1600x1050 22" LCD Monitor with my Conroe setup
8) my PC can have ocntrollers , too
9) 360 will get a waterded down version of Crysis
10) how much M$ pay u to say that ?? do u or ur family member works for them??

i bought 360 mainly b/c it has Grars of War and Halo 3 ... after these 2 games it will be more useless than a flower in my room ... the worst $399 i ever spent

yes i do own wii and ps3 and 360 ...

1.) show me any real pics of a "zephyr" and i believe you
2.) show me any game using MORE than 9gb ATM, and don't forget PS3s frame buffer of 256mb, larger textures have NO advantages on consoles ;)
3.) OK if you turn around your console while it is running it's your own fault, and i do care about scratches because it is impossible not to scratch your discs you own more thn 2 years
4.)i didn't talk about price, i talked about read/write speeds, and if you don't know it: you can use the M$ drive on your PC
5.) ok 6$ a month... who cares about 6 $ if you get better support?
6.) a better CPU for GAMES not for scientific operations, CELL is a PITA for game developers...
7.) we talk about consoles not PCs (and how much did your conroe setup cost?)
8.) who cares about PC controllers if we talk about consoles
9.) sure it gets a stripped down version, but less stripped down than the PS3
10.) i work for myself and not for ANY company, and don't think i love M$ i 'hate' it for windows (i'm glad that all the apps i need for work also run under OSX...)

theteamaqua
03-22-2007, 09:36 AM
1.) show me any real pics of a "zephyr" and i believe you
2.) show me any game using MORE than 9gb ATM, and don't forget PS3s frame buffer of 256mb, larger textures have NO advantages on consoles ;)
3.) OK if you turn around your console while it is running it's your own fault, and i do care about scratches because it is impossible not to scratch your discs you own more thn 2 years
4.)i didn't talk about price, i talked about read/write speeds, and if you don't know it: you can use the M$ drive on your PC
6.) a better CPU for GAMES not for scientific operations, CELL is a PITA for game developers...
10.) i work for myself and not for ANY company, and don't think i love M$ i 'hate' it for windows (i'm glad that all the apps i need for work also run under OSX...)

1) ok ... http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137874 haha u got robbed
2) REsistence ;)
3) yeah PS3 dont have that problem while 360 does ... and yeah it scratechs nmany discs .. not jsut me
4) yeas u did talk abou price
5) ummm $6 a month and 5 years thats 6 x 12 x 5 = $360 ... yeah i care .. cuz PC is free
6) 360's CPU is not better ... PS3 is
7) my conroe cost $1200, and yes nubs dont know that and burn their money on 360
8) i care. cuz PC pwns 360's a$$,
9) show me proof that u will have a better version than PS3 .. than i believe u
10) yeah right ... can anyone believe this kid? this is a perfect expmple of blind 360 fanboyZ where 360 > anything , and everything sux but 360

funny how a 360 fanboy always use PC as their shield ,and when u make statement like PC > 360 .. they just say "we r talking about consoles" someone should teabag those nubs

oh and for "M$ would like it ofr PC" .. yeah i use my brother's HP's OEM Disc ... i re install Win XP every 30 days... so its free.. the OS on this system is free

DilTech
03-22-2007, 10:06 AM

Ummm, ever heard of sound files? Konami, makers of MGS4, are saying blu-ray might not even be big enough for what they're wanting to do with it. Just remember, the ps3 does have much better audio processing.

My xbox360 drive has literally cracked disc's in the middle, my gears of war copy has started to crack, and DOA4 cracked all the way thru to the data making it useless. I've called microsoft about a replacement, but they say that if the system still functions there's nothing they're willing to do.

This is with the system sitting horizontally, not moving, in an area that doesn't as much as move, with plenty of ventilation. There is no excuse for this to occur on TWO seperate games other than poor manufacturer quality components.

The worst part is, this is actually a common occurrence with xbox360's.

See above, why would anyone want to?

Better support? :confused: You pay $6 a month to host your own servers. Ask people about the bullet lag in R6:V or Gears of War multiplayer and the HUGE host advantage Gears of War has. Don't even mention to me the downloadable demos or XBLA downloads, because sony beat XBLA in one single game...Tekken 5: Dark resurrection as a downloadable game.

Actually, the cell is much better suited for games if used right. Someone should watch some of the tech demos where it was doing the 3d rendering. There's no question that it's better for AI and physics as well. So, what part is the xbox360 cpu better at?

How much does your xbox360 with HDTV to play games on cost you?

PC is a platform too, and oddly enough all the good games for the x360 end up there.

This one made me giggle inside, if it goes console at all, expect both console versions to be pretty much identical. I would, however, expect the PS3 one to be the target console platform considering crytek is hiring ps3 developers and not xbox360 developers.

http://www.crytek.com/jobs/item.php?id=42&s=the_company&pID=4

They aren't hiring xbox360 programmers at all. :fact:

Good for you.

perkam
03-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Good stuff Diltech...except for this:

Actually, the cell is much better suited for games if used right. Someone should watch some of the tech demos where it was doing the 3d rendering. There's no question that it's better for AI and physics as well. So, what part is the xbox360 cpu better at?No one's doubting that the cell is better, but his point was that it is much harder to develop for, which is true as many developers stated in the past.

You point to MGS4, a Hideo Kojima Title, but it is somewhat equivalent to someone using Twilight princess to represent most Wii games...those two games receive HUGE amount of developmental support from Sony and Nintendo respectively, and do not represent what the majority of developers have to go through to develop for the PS3 or the Wii.

Perkam

Starscream
03-22-2007, 10:34 AM
i am stil amazed by the amount of people that think its normal to pay for xbox live.

yes it is a nice service and yes it aint much money but people should really look and see what they r actualy paying for.

MS is making a good profit on xbox live alone.

i do hope that Sonys online bit becomes a success as then MS will b forced to make theirs free.

perkam
03-22-2007, 11:28 AM
i am stil amazed by the amount of people that think its normal to pay for xbox live.

yes it is a nice service and yes it aint much money but people should really look and see what they r actualy paying for.

i do hope that Sonys online bit becomes a success as then MS will b forced to make theirs free.How much is xbox live for one whole year divided over 12 months?

I'm sure I spend more on Tootsie Rolls in one month...

Perkam

Syn.
03-22-2007, 11:29 AM
No because its actually used for games , and for people who buy HD DVD for 360 they got robbed .. its not even used for games, and games costs the same...

Errr its the cheapest HD DVD player out and it does exactly what its made for, PLAY HD-DVD's! But hey people that buy them apparently get robbed, what off i dont know but hey u say they do. Maybe you bought one and it robbed you off your common sence?

360 + online gaming 5 years + HDMI cable (oh wait it doesnt have one) + 120GB (oh thats 6 x 20GB HDD = $100 )
$399 + $250 + 0 + $600 = $1250:clap:

and PS 3 + 5 year online gaming + HDMI cable + 120GB HDD :clap:
$599 + 0 + $50 + $110 ( the 120GB i bought was $110) = $760 :clap:

Why 5 years? Is that your guestimate for EOL. If people dont want to use Xbox Live they can just cancel its not a blody contract with minimum 5 years useage now is it? WTF is so speacial about a damn HDMI cable? Can you hook up your 360 to a HDTV today? If yes WTFs the problem then? Oh right due to the HDCP or something it might not let you watch the HD-DVD's, but maybe thats why THE HD-DVD IS NOT BUNDLED! If it was they would have to include it now wouldt they!!! Remember the good old quote "Batteries not included".

BUT the most stupid thing you said there is $600 for 120GB HD, go back to queing for your PS3 m8 we dont need twats like you here. Oh sorry my mistake you dont need to que for PS3 BECAUSE NONE IS BUYING THEM.

$600 for a Hard Drive, damn you can really talk some bulls poo

i do hope that Sonys online bit becomes a success as then MS will b forced to make theirs free.

OK you are paying for stats+marketplace+demos/trailers+community+matchmaking+online server hosting, the online play is basicly silver pack.

So i am sorry but if you think that a company is going to offer all that for free then you must think money grows on trees.

PS3 online will not get you to pay for it but it will use ADVERTISING. Much more annoying if you ask me i would rather much pay oh the all amazingly expensive $6 a month Live Gold service.

gdogg
03-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Errr its the cheapest HD DVD player out and it does exactly what its made for, PLAY HD-DVD's! But hey people that buy them apparently get robbed, what off i dont know but hey u say they do. Maybe you bought one and it robbed you off your common sence?

Why 5 years? Is that your guestimate for EOL. If people dont want to use Xbox Live they can just cancel its not a blody contract with minimum 5 years useage now is it? WTF is so speacial about a damn HDMI cable? Can you hook up your 360 to a HDTV today? If yes WTFs the problem then? Oh right due to the HDCP or something it might not let you watch the HD-DVD's, but maybe thats why THE HD-DVD IS NOT BUNDLED! If it was they would have to include it now wouldt they!!! Remember the good old quote "Batteries not included".

BUT the most stupid thing you said there is $600 for 120GB HD, go back to queing for your PS3 m8 we dont need twats like you here. Oh sorry my mistake you dont need to que for PS3 BECAUSE NONE IS BUYING THEM.

OK you are paying for stats+marketplace+demos/trailers+community+matchmaking+online server hosting, the online play is basicly silver pack.

So i am sorry but if you think that a company is going to offer all that for free then you must think money grows on trees.

PS3 online will not get you to pay for it but it will use ADVERTISING. Much more annoying if you ask me i would rather much pay oh the all amazingly expensive $6 a month Live Gold service.

but this causes a whole group of kids, who's parents won't give them the money, or let it be spent on that, from using the online game play ability of the games they paid for.

M$ should offer the option, pay to get rid of ad's or use the ad supported service.

perkam
03-22-2007, 11:38 AM
http://www.schwarzenegger.com/en/news/uptotheminute/images/Off-Topic.jpg

Wow...had no idea THAT many ppl watched the show :)

Perkam

theteamaqua
03-22-2007, 11:38 AM

i live in america unlike u i got mine Dec last year ... haha lol u live in UK and have to camp and got no backward support ... i got my 360 1 month after launch also ... only nubs like u qneed to queing

like xbox live has no advertising .. u blind idiotic 360 die fanBOYZ

no, the 120GB was that kid who brought up ... and not to mention if u want 120GB HDD u have to buy 6 x 20GB HDD from M$ .. u cant mod it urslef unlike PS3 ... and if that kid wanna compare both with 120GB thats fine lets compare

oh yeah, i guess online gaming is not 5 years . lets it make 10 years ... 10 x 5 x 12 = $600 ... $600 jsut for online gaming

nothing special abou HDMI , jsut that ur precious teh floppy box dont have none

funny how blind 360 fanboyz can be ... oh yeah not to mention u pay for online games ... which PC and PS3 and Wii gets it for free ... unless its MMO .

go back and tell M$ i dont take no crap from nobody

DilTech
03-22-2007, 11:47 AM

They did get ripped off actually... What are they going to do when HDCP gets enabled and they find out that VGA/Component can't display their HD-DVD movies in HD? HDMI/DVI required.

I'll tell you what's so special about HDMI. Color reproduction & picture quality is better with hdmi. HDCP for movies so we can watch those snazzy HD movies in actual HD. The fact that a lot of 1080p tvs only display 1080p using a HDMI connector, and fall back to 720p using vga/component.

Little something one should know about the 360. Even if you were to mod it with a bigger hd, the firmware on the system is set to only read 20 gigs anyway. Toss a 200gb hd in, still get 20 gigs. Therefore, to match the 60gb PS3, you'd need to buy 3 20gb hard-drives. To match the 120 gb he modded into his PS3(which is easy, btw), you'd need 6 of them. MS charges $100 per hd, making it a whopping $600 before tax...

I'll make it a bit more fair...

PS3 60gb - $599
HDMI cable - $50(You can get them for less, but I'll just give it a high-estimate)

Now, to show what all you need on the x360 to match what you get with the PS3. Don't tell me "but you don't NEED that", I'm showing dollar for dollar what is required to match them up.

Xbox360 Premium - $399
HD-DVD Drive - $199
Wireless Adapter - $89.99
Xbox Live Gold Membership - $50 per year.

Even at 1 year, the xbox360 is more expensive than the PS3, if you match up feature for feature. Tell me you don't need wireless? We'll drop down to the 20gb model(don't tell me they don't exist, I can buy one right now at EB by my place), inwhich case the price of the PS3 goes down $100, while the price of the 360 only goes down $90. Sony's still cheaper.

WRONG! Silver pack only allows downloads and messages. You do NOT get to play games online. Also, you're paying money so YOU can host games, or to hop in other peoples non-dedicated listen servers? For the price they charge, they should be able to have some dedicated servers up.

You also have to pay more per download from the market place, so you can't count that in the subscription fee. You also can't count the community, or you're saying microsoft is selling you the other people that pay for XBL.

Aren't they making enough from the XBLA and Marketplace? p.s. PC gamers have had all that free for years. I guess money does grow on trees, just not in microsoft land.

Ummm, someone didn't notice there's ads in the xbox360 OS? I see adds for movies and games all the time on there.

News flash for you, gaming in general is moving towards advertisements. R6:V has Axe and movie ads in it, BF2142 has ads, CS:S now has ads, Fight Night round 3 has the damn Burger King in it, 3/4ths of that game is covered in ads.

So, both systems will have ads, just microsofts will also be making you pay for it.

You really should learn to read between the lines.

theteamaqua
03-22-2007, 11:50 AM
again its amazing how people get fooled by the initial price u pay for 360 ... the $399 has very little to offer

if u want more like HD DVD, online gaming ... the 360 costs more than PS3 end of story

again it just pisses me off that 360 games that uses DVD costs the same as PS3 games which uses Blu Ray .... it jsut tells me how greedy M$ is , and how they should just get the fukk out of this planet

Syn.
03-22-2007, 12:23 PM
ok ok ok points all round good points nice disscusion, love it. BUT....!

like xbox live has no advertising .. u blind idiotic 360 die fanBOYZ

errr dont own 360, hell no i aint queing for PS3, might buy Wii for my mum and dad to play. Last consouel i owned was NES so i am not a fanboy i just comment from things i have read, my PC is all i need.

OK now with the 6x100 crap u keep brining up, you cant fit 6 HDs on a 360 you would have to mod it but then why not just stick a ONE big HD instead. Plus as it just got mentioned firmware still stops you from gaining anything, so once, or if the new "Elite" 360 comes out new update will be released supporting the new HD however big they decide to have it as, but i bet you this it wont cost more then $130.

I belive that Live Gold is worth the money yet again you dont need it, and yet again do we KNOW what PS Network will offer or IS offering?

gdogg, whats your point should ms give free Live Gold service to poor people or should it overrule parents decision not to have thier children play games online? Which if you are a child most parrents will be against because of what they can experaince online.

Online gaming is more of an adult part and kids dont really do it they rather actually play around thier friends house then be at home on thier own.

So, both systems will have ads, just microsofts will also be making you pay for it.

You really should learn to read between the lines.

I can just bit hard to read between the lines when you dont have any lines infront of you.

DilTech
03-22-2007, 12:30 PM
OK now with the 6x100 crap u keep brining up, you cant fit 6 HDs on a 360 you would have to mod it but then why not just stick a ONE big HD instead. Plus as it just got mentioned firmware still stops you from gaining anything, so once, or if the new "Elite" 360 comes out new update will be released supporting the new HD however big they decide to have it as, but i bet you this it wont cost more then $130.

I got 5 cookies that says the 120gb, if it exists, will be $200. No way it'll be $30 difference between a 20gb and a 120gb.

I belive that Live Gold is worth the money yet again you dont need it, and yet again do we KNOW what PS Network will offer or IS offering?

Yes, we know... Look up PSHome, or try resistance, which has 40 player matches and dedicated servers IIRC.

theteamaqua
03-22-2007, 12:34 PM
ok ok ok points all round good points nice disscusion, love it. BUT....!

errr dont own 360, hell no i aint queing for PS3, might buy Wii for my mum and dad to play. Last consouel i owned was NES so i am not a fanboy i just comment from things i have read, my PC is all i need.

gdogg, whats your point should ms give free Live Gold service to poor people or should it overrule parents decision not to have thier children play games online? Which if you are a child most parrents will be against because of what they can experaince online.

Online gaming is more of an adult part and kids dont really do it they rather actually play around thier friends house then be at home on thier own.

I can just bit hard to read between the lines when you dont have any lines infront of you.

yes and no go to xbox scene ... u can only swapp HDD with the same size as the official ones ... due to their encription
http://xbox-scene.com/xbox360-tutorials.php

in that case u will need to buy 6 x 20GB 2.5" HDD.. last time i checked .. they dont make those no more, and even if u cna find it .. it will costs somewhere in teh $50 zone ... yeah newegg dont sell it

and yeah go ahead and mod ur teh floppy box 185 , and lose ur warranty

while i can mod ps3 but still have warranty , and its a helll lot easier and i can have a single 120GB HDD or even 200GB, 250GB ... while u can only use teh 20GB HDD

"I belive that Live Gold is worth the money yet again you dont need it, and yet again do we KNOW what PS Network will offer or IS offering?"

i pay fukking $60 bux for Gears of War , and i still need to pay in order to play online

again i do own a 360 .. but i cant stand those idiotic blind 360 fan boyz... like playstation fanboys from last gen, but even worst.

perkam
03-22-2007, 12:48 PM
I have no idea where the bs in this thread starts and where it ends...therefore, this thread is closed.

Perkam