PDA

View Full Version : P5W DH Water Blocks for N/SBridge

k2storm
03-18-2007, 09:42 AM
It's my first post and I'm new to the board so go easy on me ;) ........

I spend almost the entire week looking at random forums, random threats that were related to overclocking and cooling, and I got to the conclusion that I will be building my own custom cooling water system, and so far I have decided to go with:

CPU Water Block: D-Tek FuZion 1/2"
Pump: Laing D5 Danger Den
Radiator: GTS240 Black Ice GT Stealth
Reservoirs: Alphacool Cape Coolplex Pro 10
Temperature Indicator: Thermaltake T-Type Water CL-W0033
Accessories: Tubes Tygon R3603 1/2, and some clamps
Thermal Compounds: Arctic Silver 5

But now I'm looking for Water Blocks that will allow me to cool down the NorthBridge and SouthBridge on my Motherboard: (Asus P5W DH Deluxe). Does any one know of any good products that will allow me to do this???

I know that Mips makes a kit for this board, but it's really hard to find the product within the US. :slapass: Danger Den, EK, have some blocks but they don't say if those blocks will fit on my motherboard or not without any modifications.

So does any one have any recommendations or suggestions?? Thx :rolleyes:

My System:
[ MBO: Asus P5W DH Deluxe ]
[ CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 ]
[ RAM: G.Skill DDR2 PC2-6400 F2-6400PHU1-1GBHZ ]
[ HDD: WD Raptor X 150 GB SATA]
[ HDD: WD RE2 500 GB SATA]
[ GPU: ATI Radeon X1900 GT ]
[ PSU: OCz GameXStream 700W ]
[ FAN: 2x 120mm Clear 4 Blue Led's ]

TheBigBunny
03-18-2007, 10:59 AM
It's not easy. The EK 775 chipset cooler does NOT fit the P5W DH, though I noticed Eddy has specific ASUS chipset coolers now, I don't know if they work on the P5W DH. His Asus Mosfet coolers don't fit the P5W either.

I prefer acetal or metal tops for my blocks (I really don't like those little hairline cracks that appear in acrylic), so DD is out for me.

Koolance has blocks that fit both NB and SB, but they're designed for small diameter tuning.

SO, that seems to leavh MIPS and Alphacool, both very hard to find.

I've sent an email to MIPS but have recieved no response.

Since 2 or more of us are trying to get MIPS blocks maybe one of our European friends can help us by buying them locally and mailing them to us? Perhaps a small group buy would be in order.

k2storm
03-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Yeah that would be awesome :woot: ....... because I was searching through 10 different forums , looking at random threats, looking through 130 pages with just water cooling systems and couldn't find anything that would satisfy my requirements. :slapass:

And it's a shame that there aren't too many blocks for this awesome board. :(

weihk
03-18-2007, 01:52 PM
http://swiftech.com/products/mcw30.asp

i use one with P5WD2 Premium, it works.

rhino56
03-18-2007, 11:29 PM
http://swiftech.com/products/mcw30.asp

i use one with P5WD2 Premium, it works.

i tried using one of those on my p5w dh but i wasnt happy with the way it slid around from the tubing. with 3/8 tubing it may be better. i had thought of adding 2 more clips but the traces are so close to the holes the clips go thru i didnt want to fry the most expensive mobo i ever bought.
http://www.cryo-laboratory.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46605