PDA

View Full Version : UV dye a rip off?

rbd89
03-17-2007, 08:45 AM
Hey guys, I know Ive been told it time and time again, dont use dye with a high impengment block blah blah blah. But I wanted me some green uv tubes so I decided to go with the Dtek Fx stuff from jab-tech. The instructions on the bottle say a few drops should be enough to color the water, however a few drops did nothing, so I did a bit more and a bit more.

The water got a nice translucent green color, however I woke up this morning and the water was crystal clear. Do all dyes work this way or is the stuff I got just crap?

jettasin00
03-17-2007, 09:26 AM
not to be an ass but do you have uv(black lights) lights in your case.

rbd89
03-17-2007, 02:03 PM
Haha yeah I got 2. Like it had a really nice color when I put it in, but it just dissapeared within a day. I think im just gonna go with uv pentosin and forget about it.

hopper
03-17-2007, 02:28 PM
uv led's or ccfl's.... the uv pentosin dosnt do much i have it.... also my uv led's dont do alot eigther

rbd89
03-17-2007, 02:37 PM
ccfls, and either way it will at least have some color to it. But clear tubes may not be all bad.

JargonGR
03-17-2007, 02:44 PM
I bought my UV die from Alphacool and the same happened - but at least it lasted a week or so. Eventually it wore off. I guess no matter what it will wear off so treat it as a dress up for a occasion.

Petra
03-17-2007, 02:46 PM
the uv pentosin dosnt do much i have it.... also my uv led's dont do alot eigther
Those "UV" LED kits are pretty much useless. You'd need UV CCFL's to really get much out of any UV reactive fluid in tubing (and, even then, if you have other lights in your case, they'll totally drown out the effects of the UV lights).

Kayin
03-17-2007, 08:05 PM
UV tubing is a lot more reliable in that respect...