PDA

View Full Version : Done with new UFO Horizon Project

redcorn
03-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Just in case you guys never checked in the case section here is my post:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2073903#post2073903

Really love UFO Horizon case, I think its a must for all those beta testers out there especially when changing out lots of blocks, cards, etc. It really feels like you are working on a work bench due to the easy accessbility of the entire motheboard.

SiGfever
03-17-2007, 05:30 AM
Very Nice! :toast: :toast:

Could you post some more pics from the front, I would like to see the bottom drive bays.
Thanks...

IanY
03-17-2007, 05:45 AM
Congratulations on doing 400 x 9 = 3600.

I'm only at 380 FSB x 10. I have a higher Mhz speed, but would like more FSB, although I'm on the Asus Striker Extreme instead of the EVGA mobo.

I see DD video blocks. Glad you are using what you like, not what others like.

Nice build.

redcorn
03-17-2007, 07:22 AM
Congratulations on doing 400 x 9 = 3600.

I'm only at 380 FSB x 10. I have a higher Mhz speed, but would like more FSB, although I'm on the Asus Striker Extreme instead of the EVGA mobo.

I see DD video blocks. Glad you are using what you like, not what others like.

Nice build.

Yes the new EVGA 680i revision 2 board lets you go clear up to 450fsb but the board becomes unstable. There are several guys in the EVGA forums that say they are running fine at that fsb but mine gets unstable after 425, Im still messing with voltages to see if I can match what some of the few are doing but most people are happy running stable between 350-400fsb. Im more for daily usage and stability for online gaming then breaking benchmarks. Also for noise and heat control. I do notice with the new revision Nvidia took away link boost and several other graphics card features causing this board to score 3000 points below my first revision board in 3dmark06. The techs at EVGA are looking into it.

380x10 is really good I didnt know that the striker could go that high is that on a quadcore?

redcorn
03-17-2007, 07:25 AM
Very Nice! :toast: :toast:

Could you post some more pics from the front, I would like to see the bottom drive bays.
Thanks...

Ill post some front shots this afternoon on that same link so keep checking.

thecoldanddark
03-17-2007, 09:59 AM
It looks good.

IanY
03-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Yes the new EVGA 680i revision 2 board lets you go clear up to 450fsb but the board becomes unstable. There are several guys in the EVGA forums that say they are running fine at that fsb but mine gets unstable after 425, Im still messing with voltages to see if I can match what some of the few are doing but most people are happy running stable between 350-400fsb. Im more for daily usage and stability for online gaming then breaking benchmarks. Also for noise and heat control. I do notice with the new revision Nvidia took away link boost and several other graphics card features causing this board to score 3000 points below my first revision board in 3dmark06. The techs at EVGA are looking into it.

380x10 is really good I didnt know that the striker could go that high is that on a quadcore?

Yeah.. almost 400 is possible, but of course my cpu won't cooperate at 4.0 Ghz. The highest I have pushed my cpu is about 3.92, but it flakes out too easily. Good only for a suicide run of 3D Mark. However, I have mad water cooling for the cpu. That's why the results are unusual. Yes, its a retail QX.