PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation with Overclock from experiance

X7007
03-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Ok, as you all, i had problems, and i asked here for help, but as no one really gave me total direct answers i just had to search and try alone.

I have learned alot, and fix all my problems throught reading about people problems and what they do to try to fix them and some other tips they got from other people.

so for all your questions for "What to use to test my stability ? In One singel answer is ORTHOS, thats the best program ever created to test stablility, if it doesnt pass here, it means it DOES NOT STABLE PERIOD.

i tried all programs for memory, Goldmemory all tests for 15hr, and MEMTEST for 14hr, it DID NOT Detect any errors at all, but i always had FREEZES in games and didnt know why, i thought it was something with my Geforce 8800.

but with alot of testings and voltages and timings, i figure out it was the Memory, they cant work 1:1 800mhz 4-4-4-12, and they cant run 5-5-5-15 as the SPD, but with Overclock FSB403 with SPD Enabled, it really runs on 5-6-6-18 Stable with 2.00V.

So again, ONLY but ONLY Orthos found erros with BLEND test, no errors happend in the SMALL FFT's test, the cpu was always stable.

So stop trying SuperPI, memtest, Goldmemory, Folding and all other programs.

And if you want to test Other Stablility, try to open big RAR files to see if it has CRC Errors with random files, if it does it means you need more MCH voltage, just another way to test things.