eVGA 7950GT KO at stock speeds

vCore: 1.58125
vFSB: 1.5v (MAX)
vDIMM: 2.3v
vMCP: 1.525
vSPP: 1.3v (stock)
vHT (SPP->MCP): 1.3v (stock)

1st Q:
My computer seems stuck at 450FSB. It won't POST and goes into "Safe Mode" at anything above 470, even at low multipliers. Should I bump up the MCP voltage or the SPP voltage? (I've got a side fan and the stock NB fan blowing on the chipset for cooling.)

2nd Q:
My computer is pretty stable. It runs Prime95 for 24hours stable but Orthos fails in 10 minutes Blend. It doesn't bother me because I've found out it's just because Orthos sends my CPU temp to 58C while P95 keeps it around 52C. My computer is unstable only at temps above 56C None of my programs stress my computer as much as Orthos so it's no problem. But the question is, every once in a while my video card fails. My music continues playing so I know Windows is stable but the monitor displays "Not Optimum Resolution" meaning the Video card isn't sending a correct signal. What gives? My PCIe is locked at 100MHz and it seems to get worse if i bump it to 101 or 102.

3rd Q:
What are good timings? Are my timings too tight? Should I loosen them a little?

4th Q:
My computer, as stated before (and following in Q5), is pretty stable for a high OC. I can run everything, even taxing 3D rendering programs and other intensive programs, but when i open too many tabs in Firefox with my music going, my computer freezes up in 1 of 3 different ways. Just unstable?

5th and final Q:
I can run all of my benchmarks (3DMark06, PCMark05, SiSoft Sandra XI, Everest Ultimate, SuperPi, UCSF Chimera, and 3DMark01) but 3DMark05 crashes my computer at the start of the second test. Any answers?

Note: I'm not worrying about the voltages and my maxxed out OC. This rig doesn't run 24/7. It runs about 4-12 hours a day now. I have an old P4 Prescott to do most of my work 24/7. This is just my power rig.

X7007
03-15-2007, 07:06 PM
1.Test in Orthos the cpu test.
Stress CPU - Small FFT's

2.Try to open big RAR compressed file, see if it has random CRC errors when it follows file after a file. if it does you need to up your MCH voltage.

3.For the video problem i had that one too, but my computer freezed with the last sound loop until BSOD. means up your cpu voltage, take care of cooling.

3.Check SuperPI with 2 instances, copy SuperPI folder to somewhere else and run it from the 1st and 2nd folders then run at least 16mb 3 times.

4.If 3Dmark05 fails it means there is a problem, it doesnt matter if everything pass, but it does matter when there is only one thing that doesnt. try all the above, if it isnt stable try up more voltages, try messing with your Memory timings.
5-5-5-15, 5-6-6-18, try to lower the memory using the mem divider to 1:2 or such.

5.Test your memory with MEMTEST or Goldmemory to make sure the memory is stable, if it doesnt up the mem voltage.

IF Nothing works, you just got your cpu max overclock.
-nothing to do about it