PDA

View Full Version : QUad Core Update P2: BIX 480.

Kunaak
03-13-2007, 01:51 PM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=136703

after my original thread of the Storm to Fuzion Update, I pretty much bypassed all goals I had set for myself with a simple change to the waterblock.
I really wasnt expecting much of anything else by getting a new radiator...
but the part was already orderd, so I did some before and after testing.

incase anyones asking, I got the 480 cause the PA120.3 wasnt at dangerden at the time, and I didnt feel like waiting for weeks to get this project started. I got the cash and wanted to do something now, not next month.

so far, I am definatly happy with the BIX480... but even more so, I am impressed with the little MCP655.
I really didnt know if a pump this little could handle a radiator that long, but to be honest, this new radiator doesnt seem to have decreased its flow at all. a great little pump indeed.

Kunaak
03-13-2007, 01:54 PM
I chose Intels Thermal Analysis tool for this round of testing, cause it was pointed out, that it does indeed generate more heat.

however, I am still including some results from my last upgrade, the storm to fuzion, for a consistent side by side update to show how the temps changed from the new radiator.

again, Wprime at 96% done.
same speed, same voltage.

Fuzion with Dual Rad in first pic.
Fuzion with BIX480 in second pic.

Okda
03-13-2007, 02:00 PM
more pictures for the setup please

and i am sure this rad will shine when u add 1 or 2 8800's to the loop

_G_
03-13-2007, 02:07 PM
which hose barb are you using as an inlet?

edit: or should i say before you installed the barbs which fitting apeared to have a tube running inside the tank?

Kunaak
03-13-2007, 02:22 PM
which hose barb are you using as an inlet?

edit: or should i say before you installed the barbs which fitting apeared to have a tube running inside the tank?

you mean the dangerden res mod I did??

if the res is what your asking about, I did that cause the res itself is to shallow for the MCP655 and Fuzion to work together at high flows without being prone to constantly cycling the bubbles around, before they can bleed to the top of the res.

my solution was to make the res taller... kinda.

so I took a 3/4 to 1/2 inch reducer, put a barb in it, and added the fill port to a small section of tubing.
run the pump at low speeds, so the air can bleed to the top before the pump sucks the air out again for another cycle.

this allowed me to take a few hours to let all the tiny air bubbles flow out to the top of the modded res.
now, theres no air anywhere, except at the top of the fillport tube.
its not pretty, but it saved me from having to order a whole new tall res, so it saved me alot of money.
all I had to do, was pay 50 cents for reducer, and put it together.

Kunaak
03-14-2007, 10:29 AM
more pictures for the setup please

and i am sure this rad will shine when u add 1 or 2 8800's to the loop

currently I have no plans on watercooling the 8800GTX.
its too close to the end of its life span for me to invest into it further.
meaning... theres better cards on the horizon and I'll be trading up sooner or later.

but heres some extra pics.
not sure what you want to see...

the radiators air, from the pull side, blows over the res and pump.
no idea if it helps, but I figure its better then nothing.