PDA

View Full Version : Asheron's Call 2

Svenn
06-26-2002, 11:59 AM
I want to play! I really hope I get into beta soon. Anyone here play Asheron's Call 1? Great Game.
http://www.zone.com/asheronscall2

PLaiNGoD2
06-28-2002, 08:03 AM
No AC here.. only Dark Ages of Camelot, by far the best game i've ever played, ... kurupt and i cant stop playing it.. damn all that free time :)... but i did try to play AC .. and .. i felt that the graphics wasnt all that great.. but again i tried it .. when i was Playing Rogue Spear... and making the first person shooter to the RPG.. wasnt a good change/mix at the time.. but i will start playing all games.. so i can help you guy sout in any way .. but Dark Age of Camelot, bites the cake for me.. :D

Svenn
06-28-2002, 09:58 AM
I didn't like DAoC that much. It was too much like EverQuest which sucked. I played DAoC for about a month before giving up. It was too slow and too class based. I like the skill based systems. I never did PvP in DAoC, but the PvP in Asheron's Call was excellent. I never liked the whole idea of realm vs realm.

PLaiNGoD2
06-28-2002, 02:34 PM
really .. well again when i tried AC was rogue spear phase. maybe i should give it a second chance? let me know :)

Svenn
06-28-2002, 07:13 PM
Oh, and when exactly did you try Asheron's Call? If it was recently, it's not as good because of all the high levels and things, especially if you play on the PvP server. And com'n man, games aren't all about graphics. I'd rather play an 8 bit system with a good game than a PC w/ a GF4 and nice graphics game that sucks. Anyway, I'd recommend not starting AC1 now. With people maxing out and experience chains and things, it's just not the same. I would recommending trying AC2 when you can. I haven't played it yet, but it should be similar to AC1 with many improvements.

PLaiNGoD2
06-29-2002, 07:31 AM
AC2 sure looks good.. i do agree with you on the great game even though bad graphics.. ie. DOOM.... it will never be replaced.. heh even the first Wolfenstein.. that game ROCKED.. well when is AC2 coming out? i played AC a while ago . talking years here... :)

Svenn
06-29-2002, 07:36 PM
AC2 just started beta. Scheduled release date is sometime before Christmas. I doubt that, but we'll see. Shouldn't be much longer though.

CSHawkeye81
06-30-2002, 06:35 PM
hey one of the tech guys at my work plays so if i get you hired there you got you got a bud to play with.

Svenn
07-22-2002, 08:33 AM
Man, I so want to play. New articles about creature AI and things. They've also decided to take a stand against combat macroing. I wish they would just send me my beta account finally. The article on sound is cool. Basically they will be using layers of music depending on things like location, creatures around you and things like that...