PDA

View Full Version : Nice D-Tek Fushion Accessory, Also known as “Nice 775 BackPlate”

Krowten-Dog
03-07-2007, 11:59 PM
Recent lurker (~2 months), 1st time poster, currently building 1st W/C rig.

I have found these forums “Xtreme”ly useful in my knowledge quest on W/C topics. Thanks for sharing, and thanks maxxx for your stickies!

Short story, I wanted a 775 Backplate to be nice to my MB when adding my CPU block (Fushion).

I bought this http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/main_support_installation_lga775.htm.

Here is the nice news. The backplate could have been made FOR the Fushion.

The end points of the legs where the screws go through are concave enough to allow the Fushion mounting posts heads to completely recess.

Secondly the holes are threaded to the same specs as the Fushion mounting posts. So you can just screw the posts through the backplate, slide into place and continue on, The only difference from the included Fushion installation instructions is that the “underboard” nylon washer is no longer required.

This plate is constructed of nice quality metal and it looks to be very sturdy. Obviously, I only cared about the plate and not the additional HW in the product.

I hope someone finds this helpful. I found mine by googling “thermalright lga775rm”

Cheers!

redcorn
03-08-2007, 12:33 AM
We talked about this couple months back but its always good to rehash for slow guys like me. I posted this several months back with the same findings you did but I drilled mine out to fit the Fuzion bolts but if you said you dont have to thats great news.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1972379#post1972379

Krowten-Dog
03-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Noticed the old info AFTER my post.

I *think* that D-Tek has started to include smaller diameter mounting hardware. I suspect this is in response to the mouting plate hanging on the previous larger posts and affecting some placements. This would make since as it would be cheaper for them to throw in new mounting bolts then making new backplates (no way they would modify existing mounting plates as it would have to be done by hand as the jig required to hold the plates after the intial water or laser (whichever they use)cutting would be a :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: to make and use accurately.

redcorn
03-08-2007, 01:42 AM
Noticed the old info AFTER my post.

I *think* that D-Tek has started to include smaller diameter mounting hardware. I suspect this is in response to the mouting plate hanging on the previous larger posts and affecting some placements. This would make since as it would be cheaper for them to throw in new mounting bolts then making new backplates (no way they would modify existing mounting plates as it would have to be done by hand as the jig required to hold the plates after the intial water or laser (whichever they use)cutting would be a :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: to make and use accurately.

That makes sense bacause I specifically remembered I had to drill my back plate out for those screw studs. Thanks by the way for helping me with the thermochill rad fan mounting questions.

AndyM
03-08-2007, 06:45 AM
My 1-07 made Fuzion hardware worked perfectly with my Tuniq backplate, screwed right in...I guess you can add that to the list. Probably useful for someone that already has a Tuniq unless you can get seperate backplates also, I dunno.

Aldy402
03-08-2007, 08:30 AM
ok im reading this and the original thread months back

I just ordered 1 from jab-tech

this thread said there needs NO modification for fuzion mounting and the other one states the holes have to be drilled ? so which 1 is it?

also would it be wise to cushion it with a foam double sided tape like he did?

redcorn
03-08-2007, 08:50 AM
ok im reading this and the original thread months back

I just ordered 1 from jab-tech

this thread said there needs NO modification for fuzion mounting and the other one states the holes have to be drilled ? so which 1 is it?

also would it be wise to cushion it with a foam double sided tape like he did?

I guess the new Fuzion blocks being ship recently have screw studs that are thinner and will fit through without drilling. I bought my Fuzion block when it first came out so it must of had thicker screw studs. You will have to get it and try it out. Its no big deal to drill it out if needed.

Aldy402
03-08-2007, 09:39 AM
anybody know the exact sizing of the new screw studs? I bought my fuzion when it first came out as well.

Krowten-Dog
03-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Mine (mfg 1-07) came with 3mm X 60mm mounting studs.

HTH

Pyr0
03-08-2007, 10:07 AM
I guess the new Fuzion blocks being ship recently have screw studs that are thinner and will fit through without drilling.
can anyone get confirmation of this?
according to the thermalright website, there have been two versions of the LGA775 RM
http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/main_support_installation_lga775.htm
it looks to me that the newer version has threaded screw holes but the original didn't

Krowten-Dog
03-08-2007, 10:12 AM
The one that I rec'd was the newer one (Type 2) with 3mm threaded holes. These holes have the same threading as the studs that came with my Fushion (Mfg 1-07).

Either way would work with the hardware I received, as the holes in the type 1 plate are not threaded but would still stop the stud at the head when sliding through the bolt hole.

Logic would dictate that the mounting HW from D-Tek has changed since RedCorn did his install. Mine fit the smaller holes of the type 2 (so would have fit the bigger holes of the type 1) without drilling. The fact that RedCorn had to drill his 775 plate to fit his Fushion studs tells us that the regardless of which plate type he had, the studs that *I* received were smaller diameter then the studs that RedCorn Rec'd.

Lekko
03-08-2007, 11:11 AM
I ordered a fuzion on sunday which should be arriving today from Petra's, so I'll see what that package comes with. Hopefully it is all-inclusive and won't require me to go out and buy a newer backplate or new mounting hardware.