PDA

View Full Version : D-Tek Fuzion loud?

ssp23
03-04-2007, 02:59 PM
I finished my first WC setup today. I am very pleased with the temps, but not so much with the noise level. The water running through the D-tek is quite loud. I know this is a very subjective issue and it's hard to give measurements, but it is the loudest component in my system. Should this be expected? A little bit louder than the fans.

Possible related, I'm also having problems figuring out if I have too much air in the line. I added pentosin which is somewhat foamy.
There are thousands of tiny bubbles throughout the line. When I power down and let it sit for a while, larger air bubbles form at the high points in the line. I have my res as the highest point in the system and can't get any more water into it.
Again, I'm happy with the temps, just not the noise.

D-Tek Fusion
Laing DDC w/ Petra'sTech DDCT-01 Top
Swiftech MCR220
Alphacool repack 5 1/4" res

[cTx] Nooc
03-04-2007, 03:36 PM
those tiny air bubbles take forever to leave...

MeltedDuron
03-04-2007, 03:39 PM
leave the loop running for a couple of days and you should notice air in your res and clear lines :toast:

ssp23
03-04-2007, 04:35 PM
It's definitely the Fuzion making the noise. I put my ear up to both and the pump is silent compared to the Fuzion. I'll let it bleed for a couple days and then see if I can add some more water. Should I leave the res cap on or off? If the loop is air/water tight then how is the air going to work itself out?
Thanks

Garu
03-04-2007, 04:44 PM
It's definitely the Fuzion making the noise. I put my ear up to both and the pump is silent compared to the Fuzion. I'll let it bleed for a couple days and then see if I can add some more water. Should I leave the res cap on or off? If the loop is air/water tight then how is the air going to work itself out?
Thanks
Fill up your res a much as you can and let it run for couple of days like other people have suggested. Another trick that's I've learned while bleeding the system is to have your computer tilted back little bit so your res won't produce any bubbles when the water is getting sucked out to the pump. This is actually helpful when you own a 5.25" bay res like I do. Close the cap of course.

cdelong
03-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Once the air is gone things will be much quieter. Since there is already air in the system you are getting a heavy amount of cavation caused by the pressure drop in the block. It is loud compared to when the loop is solid and all air is bled.

I had to run about 3 days to get all the tiny bubbles out with my T-Line. It was solid enough to run my rig after about 2- 3 hours, but not quiet by any means. If you have a D5 pump, turn the speed down to help bleed the air. Squeeze the lines from time to time to dislodge the bubbles from the side of the tubing.

ssp23
03-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the help everyone.

Once the air is gone things will be much quieter. Since there is already air in the system you are getting a heavy amount of cavation caused by the pressure drop in the block. It is loud compared to when the loop is solid and all air is bled.

I had to run about 3 days to get all the tiny bubbles out with my T-Line. It was solid enough to run my rig after about 2- 3 hours, but not quiet by any means. If you have a D5 pump, turn the speed down to help bleed the air. Squeeze the lines from time to time to dislodge the bubbles from the side of the tubing.

Very good. I'll give it a couple days. I have the DDC2 with delrin top from Petra's. Does this have a speed adjustment and if so where? I didn't notice one.

Can you tell me where the air goes? Unless it leaks out of the tubing via osmosis then I don't understand how it escapes the line.

serialk11r
03-04-2007, 07:00 PM
The air will keep going around your loop, but some of it will escape into the expanses of your res/tline when it gets there. Eventually all the bubbles end up out of your loop.

DarkCow
03-04-2007, 07:01 PM
the air will go to the resivoir (make sure you leave a bubble of air) or the top of your t-line. then open up the fill port of res to allow air to escape.

in my findings adding some providone iodine and allow it to mix into your loop and froth up really speeds things up quite considerably. mine became crystal clear in 4 hours pretty much.

Sideroxylon
03-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Fill up your res a much as you can and let it run for couple of days like other people have suggested. Another trick that's I've learned while bleeding the system is to have your computer tilted back little bit so your res won't produce any bubbles when the water is getting sucked out to the pump. This is actually helpful when you own a 5.25" bay res like I do. Close the cap of course.

That's a great tip. I've used a 1" X 2" piece of wood under the front of my comp for years. Usually only takes an hour or so to bleed it that way.

ssp23
03-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Well, you guys were right on. I tilted the machine back a little bit and let it run over night. It is much quiter now. The only thing I can hear are the fans. Thanks for the help.

Sideroxylon
03-05-2007, 04:22 PM
:clap:

hopper
03-05-2007, 04:23 PM
if you have a cap on your res leave it off for awile so air can escape.... also gently squeeze each tube and air bubbles should pull out

ign0
03-05-2007, 11:05 PM
if you let your computer rest for a night or so, you might find the tiny little bubble reduce and gather as fewer bigger bubbles. sometimes tilt your computer with the wc loop on (and the computer off) may also help.