PDA

View Full Version : Corsair recommendations for 680i?

hagatha
03-04-2007, 08:17 AM
Greetings to the Corsair team!

I've got a eVGA 680i motherboard, and I've followed the forums for the last couple months. I haven't had the problems that some owners have been plagued with, but I also don't doubt that there are some valid issues with the board.

I've read a few post from "Yellowbeard" on the evga forum, and he wrote that Corsair uses the eVGA board to test a lot of your DIMMS. With all the testing and research into these "issues" does Corsair still recommend the same settings for this board, or have the "recommended settings" been adjusted?

My RAM is the PC28500-C5D(F) set at 5-5-5-15, 1066 @2.2v (Blue Slots) no OC on the RAM...

Is this still the recommended settings?

Thanks,
Lee

ChaosMinionX
03-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Greetings to the Corsair team!

I've got a eVGA 680i motherboard, and I've followed the forums for the last couple months. I haven't had the problems that some owners have been plagued with, but I also don't doubt that there are some valid issues with the board.

I've read a few post from "Yellowbeard" on the evga forum, and he wrote that Corsair uses the eVGA board to test a lot of your DIMMS. With all the testing and research into these "issues" does Corsair still recommend the same settings for this board, or have the "recommended settings" been adjusted?

My RAM is the PC28500-C5D(F) set at 5-5-5-15, 1066 @2.2v (Blue Slots) no OC on the RAM...

Is this still the recommended settings?

Thanks,
Lee

The only ram that has different timings than whats stated as "normal" is the Dominator 9136, its guaranteed better timings and speeds on the 680i platform. You could probably tighten up those 8500 timings to like 4-4-4-12 just try messing around with it using good voltages, if you have the fan on the 8500s you should be set to use a little bit higher voltages and be fine.

Yellowbeard
03-05-2007, 04:04 AM
As far as changes, we have not changed the official tested settings. 5,5,5,15 at 2.2v is still recommended and 2.2v is still the max voltage within warranty.