PDA

View Full Version : Which dist do u have on ur laptop/notebook ?

Okda
03-04-2007, 12:10 AM
i am planning to install linux on my laptop , i am a gentoo user but not sure if it will be the best dist on my laptop

my notebook is CoreDuo 1.83Ghz with 512mb of ram ( soon to be 1gb ), built-in 950 vga with intel wireless and it is a lenovo

so i just want to know what r u guys using on r laptops/notebooks

likewhoa
03-04-2007, 11:38 AM
I use gentoo with fully encrypted disk incase i loose my laptop in school or i forget it somewhere, lol

your specs should be sufficient enough for a gentoo setup and your wireless compatible.

[XC] moddolicous
03-04-2007, 11:44 AM
I got Ubuntu running on my machine in my room and would like to get gentoo and slackware installed on some other machines.

likewhoa
03-04-2007, 02:27 PM
I got Ubuntu running on my machine in my room and would like to get gentoo and slackware installed on some other machines.

If so then follow my Gentoo Guide in this forum thread and PM me with any problems i'll be willing to help troubleshoot.

[XC] moddolicous
03-04-2007, 04:38 PM
If so then follow my Gentoo Guide in this forum thread and PM me with any problems i'll be willing to help troubleshoot.
Yea I will, but it will be a while til I have time to (probably around easter break).

Okda
03-05-2007, 05:59 AM
I use gentoo with fully encrypted disk incase i loose my laptop in school or i forget it somewhere, lol

WOw this seems very very hard to do

care to do a guide for it ;)

MarlboroMan
03-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Mandriva, for sure!

I have one Asus A8M notebook (Turion X2 + nvidia 6100) and i installed Mandriva 2007 PowerPack+ in it.
The only hardware that was not detected right after instalation was the 56k modem (motorola). Even the SD/MMX/xD driver was detected. The wifi works smooth, its an atheros.

PM me if you need the mandriva powerpack+ torrent, i have a good one ;)