PDA

View Full Version : question for hardcore oblivion players...

RAMMAN
03-02-2007, 06:48 PM
ive been told i can find the unicorn in harcane grove.where is harcane grove?

Omastar
03-03-2007, 04:17 PM
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Harcane_Grove

"The grove is located between the Green Road and Niben Bay, just east of the Inn of Ill Omen. It is the home of the Unicorn, and several Minotaurs of the Grove. It is your destination in the Hircine's shrine quest. It's best not to approach the area with a weapon drawn, because the unicorn will attack anyone wielding a weapon."

Hope that helps.

Also refer to this quest, http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Hircine

ex2cib
03-03-2007, 04:45 PM
yea, never pull a weapon out in front of the unicorn, no fists, no anything, and thats even after you have "claimed" the horse. I used it for a bit, then finally got tired of it and just killed it. shadowmere was better anyways...couldn't get killed

RAMMAN
03-03-2007, 07:22 PM
ive been past the inn of ill omen twice so i will be sure to claim the unicorn next time i go there via bravil mages guild.this could be hard for me though, because im currently playing a level 3 high elf atronach mage and usually rely on my two goblin totem staffs(found in derelict mine)and flare,spark,snowball and occasionally summon skeleton.fortunately i have wabbajack :woot: btw if i leave the unicorn in a closed stables will it stay there?

ex2cib
03-03-2007, 08:29 PM
just FYI on the unicorn, be careful attacking it...as it has the following:

* Resist Normal Weapons 100% Resist Normal Weapon (immune to normal weapon damage)
* Resist Poison 100% Resist Poison (immune to poison)
* Resist Paralysis 100% Resist Paralysis (immune to paralysis)
* Resist Magic 50% Resist Magic
* Reflect Damage 20% Reflect Damage

attack power is 45pts also, so it would make quick work of you if it gets too close

RAMMAN
03-03-2007, 11:43 PM
i just loaded an old save from the first time i played through oblivion as an imperial knight.those minotaurs were pretty much only damaging themselves every time they swung their warhammers thanks to my escucheon of chorrol + imperial dragon armour and when i finally decided to kill the unicorn it went down after only a couple of blade swings, before it had a chance to attack.btw the unicorn gallops almost as fast as shadowmere.pity my character was only level 14 otherwise i could have completed the daedra quest.oh and shadowmere and the unicorn dont get along well.

cursivearmy1
03-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Man I am pissed my raid failed and I lost my Oblivion saves. I am so reinstalling though when I get the e6700 and BX2. As far as a unicorn that's pretty awesome.