PDA

View Full Version : mATX Overclocking Boards

oshox
03-01-2007, 04:17 PM
I want to make a big stupid setup for the winner of the Wolfdale/Kuma battle at the end of the year, but I need to upgrade my mainboard in the meantime to hold me over. I'm currently running an old Gigabyte K8VM800 mATX with an Athlon64 3000+ and a Gainward 6800 Ultra. I realize that I've put off the PCIe upgrade for too long, and I'll be getting a new video card, and RAM, with this upgrade. I should be able to wait until the nVidia 8600 series cards are out, so I can get the most bang for my buck.

My case is a Centurion 541, and I'd really like to keep it. I've got a Zalman 7700CU on my CPU for now, but my system won't allow me anything more than a 10% bus increase. Are there any microATX motherboards, for Core2 Duo or AM2, that have decent overclocking potential? The G965 boards have all of the right features, but they don't allow CPU voltage control.

I'm looking to get either an e6300 or an AM2 Opteron and experiment with overclocking a bit. Even though my case is a little small, I've got decent cooling in it. All I need is the right board. What would the community recommend?

ThermalTaken
03-01-2007, 11:41 PM
Im using a Biostar....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/EVD2/P1010054.jpg

And it OC's very well for an mATX. As far as a 2CD, there isnt any on the market. If you need more info, check out SFFClub.com Forum as us SFF'ers are always on the eye out for a gaming mATX board