PDA

View Full Version : Thermaltake Tsunami Case

bpatters69
02-28-2007, 10:22 AM
The case seems to work ok. There is plenty of cooling with 3 different fans not including the fan on the PSU.

The one negative and its a huge negative in my opinion is the fact the Thermaltake does not support their products well. In my experience with their customer "care" I have been very disappointed. At the top of my list is the fact that they do not let you register your purchase on-line. They ask that you keep their receipt. I understand that we as consumers have a responsibility to maintain records for warranty purposes but I think the least Thermaltake can do is to offer some way of registering their products on-line as a fall back if we were to lose their receipt. I know. No one ever loses their receipts...... yeah, right.

The next disappointing aspect of their customer don't care attitude is with regard to parts. My accessory kit was one motherboard screw short. The screws I am referring to are the brass screws which attach the motherboard to the case. I would think that these are important for most users. I contacted Thermaltake and I was informed by their customer don't care department that since I did not let them know within 10 days of purchase, I would have to purchase the parts. I know no one ever buys anything and does not open the purchase right away so I must be in the minority along with people who receive their products as gifts and others who buy their compoents at different times. :D ;)

I would rate this case as a 7 out of 10 but their experience with the customer don't care department at Thermaltake forces me to rate them a 3. I am basing my rating on my overall satisfaction so buy at your own peril. Open their product immediately and make a zillion copies of their receipts so you can make warranty claims should you need to. Gawd I hope I don't have to deal with them.:slapass:

PS I also bought their 750 PSU. Luckily all the parts were in the kit as I did not open the product right away.... I know. What was I thinking.:rolleyes:

*O/C*Kid
02-28-2007, 03:17 PM
I own the same case and I have loved it. Haven't had a single problem with it, In fact I have recommended it to a few people and they all seem to love it. One of the only TT products I would recommend so far, Don't buy their PSU's or watercooling kits..... I have seen both firsthand and they are junk.

Kingcarcas
02-28-2007, 07:26 PM
I have it too and i think i lost the grill that goes on the side panel:D I lent that fan to my cousin, so right now i have a hole on the side of my case lol. I would say it's a nice case because it works awesome as a night light too:banana: If TT CS ever did that to me i would just sell it and buy a Lian-Li, no worries:nono:

Sparky
02-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Don't buy their PSU's or watercooling kits..... I have seen both firsthand and they are junk.
Check out jonnyguru's review of the new Tt Toughpower line, those are pretty good units. They changed OEMs to a better one and it shows.

serialk11r
02-28-2007, 11:50 PM
My thermaltake case looked good but now I really regret buying it. It had way too many screws which was both good and bad, bad because getting the ones you were actually going to use would take a long time. The "instructions" didn't exactly have any instructions... Also, they have no sense of art. Their drive bay covers for silver cases look like crap against the front bezel. I used sharpie to cover it in black so now it looks good. Ah, the trusty sharpie:) it also helped me get rid of the ugly red strips on the cable sleeving on my PSU.
My next case will be a Lian Li and I'll mod it :D Hopefully the case after that will have a lot more interesting stuff :rolleyes: custom case? :D I'm just dreaming...

xB0n3s
03-01-2007, 06:33 AM
Although I own an old Xsaser III not a TT Tsunami case the only thing which annoys me the most is the wiring. Way too much cables for me.