PDA

View Full Version : New Pc overclocking ?? hlp

pes6
02-28-2007, 03:27 AM
hi,
i would appreciate if someone takes the time to tell me what the best overclocking settings that would work with my new pc ,i'm only after 2.6 no more.

specs:
e4300
2x 1gb micron sticks ddr800
gigabyte DS3 REV 3.3
enermax 500w liberty

i have tried to overclock it to 2.4 after searching google for some OC settings for the e4300 i changed cpu & memory to 266 but pc will not restart most of the time.

also why my memory sticks only work in a single & not dual mode.i have 2 of the same size & brand sticks !!

btw this is my first attempt at overclocking & its the first time i have built a pc based on the Intel chips.

regards

pes6
02-28-2007, 02:11 PM
anyone

jimmyz
02-28-2007, 02:23 PM
welcome to extreme systems!! my advice would be to use the search feature at the top of the page and read the stickies in the intel section. the ds3 is a decent board so good luck. also on the ram put them in matching color slots is the easiest way to get dual channel if you have them in the two slots closest to the cpu you need to move 1 of them. read the owners manual for more detailed info. and for future reference the extreme oc area is for extreme oc info. you should post in the general forums.

V2-V3
02-28-2007, 02:24 PM
hi,
i would appreciate if someone takes the time to tell me what the best overclocking settings that would work with my new pc ,i'm only after 2.6 no more.

specs:
e4300
2x 1gb micron sticks ddr800
gigabyte DS3 REV 3.3
enermax 500w liberty

i have tried to overclock it to 2.4 after searching google for some OC settings for the e4300 i changed cpu & memory to 266 but pc will not restart most of the time.

also why my memory sticks only work in a single & not dual mode.i have 2 of the same size & brand sticks !!

btw this is my first attempt at overclocking & its the first time i have built a pc based on the Intel chips.

regards

what slots are your ram sticks in?
they should be in the 2 Blue ram slots with an empty ram slot between them

here is a ghetto diagram of the hardware position you should have

CPU: Here
Slot1: 1st ram stick here
Slot2:
Slot3: 2nd ram stick here
Slot4:

pes6
02-28-2007, 03:55 PM
thanks for the response guys,i truely appreciate it as i have now sorted the ram problem (thanks to you 2).

jimmyz m8 i have searched everywhere for OC settings for my pc & found very little useful info,if you do know any links to OC settings for a similar spec pc as mine with 2x1gb ddr800 then please let me know. many thanks

also can a mod please move this thread to general. cheers

pes6
03-03-2007, 06:35 AM
my birthday today cant anyone treat me nice :D i need to know what the best settings to overclock my pc as i only want to OC to 2.4 or 2.6 & have my pc function as normal.i have already tried to OC to 2.4 by changing bios settings to 2.66 for both cpu & mem but pc fails to restart most the time!! i have no problem leaving everything at stock settings but the extra OC boost is needed for heavy gaming.

specs:
e4300
2x 1gb micron sticks ddr800 pc6400
gigabyte DS3 REV 3.3
enermax 500w liberty

thanks guys