PDA

View Full Version : first water cooled system...e6600, evga 8800gtx card, thermaltake help me OC it all

MJE
02-27-2007, 09:51 PM
I am basically interested in the maximum performance, with stability ofcourse. I do not want to create a computer that will be unable to move from its spot though. I plan to keep this one in my basement where its around 55 degrees year round...maybe a little less. I've always had AMD chips and I've done nothing but air cooling. Any help you guys can give me would be great.

I just picked up a new system that consists of the Intel E6600, Asus 680i mobo (step down from the striker mobo but essentially the same thing), 2 gigs of corsair, dual 320 gig hard drives, a new case and a evga 8800gtx highest end version they have available.

I also purchased the full cooling kit from swiftech www.swiftnets.com

Part # Processor compatibility
MSRP
US $
H20-220-APEX ULTRA + Complete system cooling kit, including Apogee GT CPU Water-block, MCW60 VGA kit, MCW30 Chipset water-block, MCR220 Radiator with fans and MCB-120 R2 "Radbox", MCP655 pump, MCRES Micro Reservoir, tubings, Smatcoils, Hydrx coolant, and various noise reduction accessories $379.95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I've only done air cooled setups...primarily from swiftech because I enjoy working with them. What should I expect from my e6600? I have 2 cases..I purchased a new case which is a ThermalTake Armor VA8000BWS/SWA Full Tower and is viewable on http://www.sharkyextreme.com/guides/...le.php/3657561

I already own a 3dcool case which is the tornado 3000 series. Its been sitting in its box for a while and i finally put my current air cooled system into it.

the link for the mobo is here http://usa.asus.com/products4.aspx?l...&modelm enu=1 and in case the model number does not show up its a P5N32-E SLI 680i chipset.

I apologize for the novel...I'm really excited to get into watercooling and also to have something interesting to post vs. my air cooling experiences. I need a bit of help as far as what settings I should use for stability and performance...as usual I will ask the impossible...the highest performance along with the most stability. I'd like to get 3.8ghz out of the e6600 atleast...if thats a low goal then please let me know. The system will be coming together on Wednesday after someone gives me their opinion on what case to use.

thanks and looking forward to hearing from you guys.

-Mike

dinos22
02-27-2007, 10:02 PM
hey Mike the best thing to do is to look through people's threads and how they go about overclocking these.....it's the best way as you will find your way to get the results that way rather than us telling you what to do step by step

give us some more info on steppings and RAM version

do some stability benching at stocks and include some screenshots with volts and temps too....it's always good to know a PC is stable at stock first before you start going crazy :D