PDA

View Full Version : TH7-II Setup...

KAIN
06-26-2002, 02:53 AM
Was playing around with my new setup last night and wondered whether there were any setting that particualrly helped overclocking, stability or speed.

I remember reading somewhere about changing the Dip Switches, mine are currently at default. Did any get any advantage from changing them?

Also are there any particualr BIOS setting that aid overclocking?

Just anything really that is worth trying :D

dmitriyaz
06-26-2002, 03:55 PM
dip switches do the same as your bios--change your multiplyer, and intel has locked multiplyer anyway so its useless.
what kind of ram you got?

KAIN
06-27-2002, 01:14 AM
Yeah I was looking for some more extreme settings...

For example I can't boot at 166mhz using the fix option but can boot at 2.5/5 option... is this to do with the MrN 7E bios? I'm tempted to try the 7F tonight see if I can go any further.

CSHawkeye81
06-28-2002, 08:57 PM
is his site back up???

Silversink
06-28-2002, 09:30 PM
I got a Question for you CShawkeye82.

Or Should I call you AthlonXP (funny name for a self proffesed guru of Intel hardware)

I notice your only safe haven for trading is at Troll central. aka [H]ocp

What you really think that my being a trollhunter and being banned at [H] I cant keep my eye on you? LOL

manc
06-30-2002, 03:06 AM
I use the 4x memory differential as alot of people over on o-c forums recomended it for overclocking stabilty.

KAIN
06-30-2002, 06:01 AM
Memory? Do you mean the 4x multiplier or 4x frequency differential?

CSHawkeye81
06-30-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Silversink
I got a Question for you CShawkeye82.

Or Should I call you AthlonXP (funny name for a self proffesed guru of Intel hardware)

I notice your only safe haven for trading is at Troll central. aka [H]ocp

What you really think that my being a trollhunter and being banned at [H] I cant keep my eye on you? LOL

do what you gotta do but i do my business with ease.

gone_fishin
07-02-2002, 09:46 PM
He meant the 4X freq differential. Also in power management there were problems reported if the cpu thermal throttling was set to 12.5%, I have not heard if they were fixed in recent Bios's.