PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to say I feel desserted but...

Movieman
02-25-2007, 12:59 AM
There's like 4 of us left here.
I was feeling a little lonely today on MJ12..:p:
If we can get 10-15 people back on this we can retake second from those Kipper eaters..
If you guys want to stop this project just yell.

[XC]melymel
02-25-2007, 01:39 AM
I have trouble with Mj-12 on the weekends as my family seem to think they should be able to use the internet :confused: so unfortunately it snoozes most of the time.

:toast:

Frisch
02-25-2007, 03:53 AM
Giving it a break, been on it about 4 months straight 24/7, on full whoring (took 30 seconds for a page to load).
My kids need my attention more, as puberty has hit the oldest bad (15). :(

In general, my attention is elsewhere, sorry. :(

Movieman
02-25-2007, 04:01 AM
OK my friends. I understand completely.
I'm going to stay on this a while longer and see what happens.
Best to all of you and Frisch, you always know you got a bud here.;)

[XC]melymel
02-25-2007, 04:25 AM
I just updated my only client running mj-12 which was back in the 1.3 era I think and have also split the load over 2 pc's which should mean my output will go up, hopefully I can hit 1 mill per day again :D.

:toast:

[XC] mysticmerlin
02-25-2007, 06:25 AM
I'm still here plugging away with a roadrunner and a Dsl 3mb both. 300-500k a day on avg. Long as it doesn't effect my WCG I will stay on it till you are all over it and move on.

Movieman
02-25-2007, 06:33 AM
Thanks pal..I don't think we can get #2 back unless Hixie gets his problems fixed. We need a good 20 regular guys here to grab #2.
That carlfrs guy on Norways team is cranking 8 mil a day himself. I can't match that, maybe 5 mil max a day here.
So I'm staying on to try and keep us in striking range in case we get more help soon.:D
Yea, the stubborn mick ain't stopping!

[XC] riptide
02-25-2007, 07:11 AM
I'll give you a few URLs today later. :)

Movieman
02-25-2007, 07:17 AM
I'll give you a few URLs today later. :)
Will take all that we can get..Thanks.

Magnj
02-25-2007, 08:09 AM
I can't help as I have strict bandwidth limits at school :/ over the summer I can hop on as I will be home and we are getting Fios soon.

Paladin
02-25-2007, 08:35 AM
We have a VoIP phone and Slingbox which are unusable when Majestic BW-hog is running. ;) Plus I've started having timeout issues all the time. Almost like the ISP has a sniffer on me now (paranoid me), but I've got about 12 devices hooked up to the 6000/600 line so it could be any one of them.

NickS
02-25-2007, 09:00 AM
I threw my main rig on for ya'll :)

[XC] gomeler
02-25-2007, 10:45 AM
We have a VoIP phone and Slingbox which are unusable when Majestic BW-hog is running. ;) Plus I've started having timeout issues all the time. Almost like the ISP has a sniffer on me now (paranoid me), but I've got about 12 devices hooked up to the 6000/600 line so it could be any one of them.

I just noticed that I was quoted :p: Woke up the other morning to the system frozen up at 3850 MHz on air, it wasn't happy :stick: Building a silent single stage so I can run 24/7 @ 4200 or so :slobber: Can't run MJ-12 anymore, roommates out-voted me 2 to 1 because they noticed the internet taking minutes to do stuff usually done in seconds.

NickS
02-25-2007, 10:46 AM
Yeah this is pretty crazy. I've already downloaded 700MB, and I have it set as my connection being 2mbps down so it doesn't rape me too bad. (I really have 5mbps)

[XC] moddolicous
02-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Well, we got an e-mail from optimum asking us if we have a firewall / virus scanner. It looks like the type of letter they send to a lot of people, so I decided to lay low for a little. I'll be back soon though.

hixie
02-25-2007, 11:40 PM
Short but too the point.
I still can't get the problem solved, or should i say my ISP can't get the problem solved.

[XC] riptide
02-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Slowly getting a few points together. Keep pushing. Have to try and catch those Whale killing bastages!!! :)

glennpat
02-27-2007, 04:31 PM
I joined the project and set it up to run several hours during the night. Looks like a good one to run along with another project since it doesn't seem to use much cpu power.

Thanks for the thread since it caused me look into an interesting project :cool: .

Movieman
02-27-2007, 04:33 PM
I joined the project and set it up to run several hours during the night. Looks like a good one to run along with another project since it doesn't seem to use much cpu power.

Thanks for the thread since it caused me look into an interesting project :cool: .
Thanks and we can use everyone on this!
Tell your friends.:D

Short but too the point.
I still can't get the problem solved, or should i say my ISP can't get the problem solved.
Keep plugging pal! We'll try and keepm them in sight till your ISP figures out the problem.

Slowly getting a few points together. Keep pushing. Have to try and catch those Whale killing bastages!!! :)
Thanks pal! Noticed I wasn't the only one flying the Irish flag today!

[XC] gomeler
02-27-2007, 05:07 PM
Movieman needs to work less on building crunchers and more on reading the dictionary.

dessert
(n) : a sweet confection served as the last course of a meal
synonyms: course

desert
(n) : that which is considered to be deserved or merited; a just punishment or reward (usually in plural); a barren area of land or desolate terrain, especially one with little water or vegetation; a wasteland
(v) : to leave (anything that depends on one's presence to survive, exist, or succeed), especially when contrary to a promise or obligation; to abandon; to forsake; to leave one's duty or post, especially to leave a military or naval unit without permission
"you can't just drive off and desert me here, in the middle of nowhere."

You are welcome Dave, just looking out for you in your old age ;)

hint: look at the thread title..

Movieman
02-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Movieman needs to work less on building crunchers and more on reading the dictionary.

dessert
(n) : a sweet confection served as the last course of a meal
synonyms: course

desert
(n) : that which is considered to be deserved or merited; a just punishment or reward (usually in plural); a barren area of land or desolate terrain, especially one with little water or vegetation; a wasteland
(v) : to leave (anything that depends on one's presence to survive, exist, or succeed), especially when contrary to a promise or obligation; to abandon; to forsake; to leave one's duty or post, especially to leave a military or naval unit without permission
"you can't just drive off and desert me here, in the middle of nowhere."

You are welcome Dave, just looking out for you in your old age ;)

hint: look at the thread title..
You are 100% correct. I have mixed those 2 words for as long as I can remember. Generally my spelling is decent but you got me dead to rights on this one..:fact:

[XC] gomeler
02-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Chris 1
Dave 0
;)

Movieman
02-27-2007, 05:19 PM
Chris 1
Dave 0
;)
2 clovertown machines here and a 15mbit/2mbit line sort of balance that out don't you think?:rofl: Got'cha!

[XC] gomeler
02-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Psh! I just un-earthed a DX486, seriously :) The only problem is it has 5" and 3.5" floppy drives, not sure if I can slap in a CD drive and install windows on it :(
Here is the connection it would be on, look at that upload!

http://xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56191&stc=1&d=1172626022

[XC] riptide
02-28-2007, 03:03 AM
Gomeler that 486 wouldn't be able to archive any of the buckets. My P2 'Dixon' laptop has a problem getting through the archiving when I put it on it. Never mind the 486 :)

Movieman
02-28-2007, 03:06 AM
Gomeler that 486 wouldn't be able to archive any of the buckets. My P2 'Dixon' laptop has a problem getting through the archiving when I put it on it. Never mind the 486 :)
Now see, here's a good reason to buy clovers...to archive MJ12!:D
Actually I have MJ12 running on my DX3600 and DX2400..
That's enough to max the line.

[XC] riptide
02-28-2007, 04:11 AM

Man... you'd need some SERIOUS line to max out the clovers on archiving!

Movieman
02-28-2007, 04:15 AM
Man... you'd need some SERIOUS line to max out the clovers on archiving!
Just for chuckles one day I unrar'd a 750MB avi..4 seconds..
I sat here laughing:D

[XC] gomeler
02-28-2007, 07:40 AM
Psh I have faith in the little guy! It could do it, given enough time..

[XC] riptide
02-28-2007, 09:23 AM
Just for chuckles one day I unrar'd a 750MB avi..4 seconds..
I sat here laughing:D
Cool! Hey what rar app do you use. A good multithreaded one? Is winrar multithreaded now? Now?

[XC] moddolicous
03-01-2007, 05:26 PM
For any rig that is slower than a P3 800 or so, Rar archiving is the one to use. For P4 / AMD-XP and above, LZMA should be used, although if they do have a multi-threaded Rar now, that might change things.

Paladin
03-02-2007, 08:44 AM
For any rig that is slower than a P3 800 or so, Rar archiving is the one to use. For P4 / AMD-XP and above, LZMA should be used, although if they do have a multi-threaded Rar now, that might change things.

I tested this not too long ago. Since RAR (I created the environment variable to make it use max compression) created smaller files to upload and my biggest bottleneck was uploading back to MJ, that was the way to go. I'd get an ever-increasing backlog with the built-in LZMA.

Best would probably be 7zip, but I don't think the admin would like adding a 3rd format to worry about. Even now, he only grudgingly accepts RAR since LZMA takes less time for him to extract.

Fun Fact: The MJ12 admin manually indexes the database by manually swapping removable HDs. I've never used MJ12 as a search engine, but that's disciplined dedication!

[XC] mysticmerlin
03-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Actually I have MJ12 running on my DX3600 and DX2400..
That's enough to max the line.

What kind / speed is the pipe?

Movieman
03-02-2007, 10:06 AM
What kind / speed is the pipe?
15mbit/2mbit

[XC] mysticmerlin
03-02-2007, 11:20 AM
that cable? I have RoadRunner on one and a 3mbit DSL here at the house and I only get a 10th of what you are getting. WTF?

Movieman
03-02-2007, 11:25 AM
that cable? I have RoadRunner on one and a 3mbit DSL here at the house and I only get a 10th of what you are getting. WTF?
Verizon FIOS..fiber to the door..sweet..44.95/month

[XC] mysticmerlin
03-02-2007, 02:51 PM
I hate you :stick:

[XC] moddolicous
03-02-2007, 03:36 PM
I tested this not too long ago. Since RAR (I created the environment variable to make it use max compression) created smaller files to upload and my biggest bottleneck was uploading back to MJ, that was the way to go. I'd get an ever-increasing backlog with the built-in LZMA.

Best would probably be 7zip, but I don't think the admin would like adding a 3rd format to worry about. Even now, he only grudgingly accepts RAR since LZMA takes less time for him to extract.

Fun Fact: The MJ12 admin manually indexes the database by manually swapping removable HDs. I've never used MJ12 as a search engine, but that's disciplined dedication!
Well, the only problem is that LZMA has the ability to zip more buckets/urls than rar. I think that rar should only be used if your computer is very slow.

glennpat
03-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Verizon FIOS..fiber to the door..sweet..44.95/month

I didn't even know what FIOS was. Now I'm gonna have to move so it can get it. :)

Movieman
03-06-2007, 01:46 PM
I didn't even know what FIOS was. Now I'm gonna have to move so it can get it. :)
You will like it and Thanks my friend for helping here! It is appreciated.

Now some news( breaking my arm patting my back)
Will hit #10 overall in MJ12 tonight or maybe in the am!
Norway may be outdoing us but at least we get the satisfaction of taking one of their guys out of the top 10!:woot:
http://stats.free-dc.org/new/userstats.php?proj=maj&name=1021&teamR=N&teamC=N&allC=&allR=

Frisch
03-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Some more babling from the "little walking head" (that's my indian Turtle name).

A "doped" Turlte speaks out

The fact is, i'm getting my rasta hair in my eyes, this is creating a very bad connecting to the net, which again makes me wonder, if i'm really connected, or it's just the hair in my eyes, or maybe the connection is my hair, which is connected to my eyes, and then creates a ...............................

[XC] riptide
03-07-2007, 06:46 AM
Some more babling from the "little walking head" (that's my indian Turtle name).

The fact is, i'm getting my rasta hair in my eyes, this is creating a very bad connecting to the net, which again makes me wonder, if i'm really connected, or it's just the hair in my eyes, or maybe the connection is my hair, which is connected to my eyes, and then creates a ...............................
Hey Frisch, was turtle out rioting in Copenhagen with the rest of the hippies. :D

Movieman
03-07-2007, 11:27 AM

I think what you need my friend is a good quart of Wild Turkey and a quiet evening away somewhere with maybe some cute young thing to come and sit on your fa..aaah,lap and discuss world events..:D

Frisch
03-07-2007, 02:05 PM
I think what you need my friend is a good quart of Wild Turkey and a quiet evening away somewhere with maybe some cute young thing to come and sit on your fa..aaah,lap and discuss world events..:D
Sounds good. :D

Hey Frisch, was turtle out rioting in Copenhagen with the rest of the hippies. :D

No, I don't think any good come from violently raise your statement.

BUT, the story is very complex, and I fully understand their frustration.

We have a goverment which are so much to the right, that you are a lefty if you stand on the middle.

Movieman
03-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Sounds good. :D
Which? The Wild Turkey or the sweet young thing?:p:
Your too old to handle both in the same day my friend!

Frisch
03-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Which? The Wild Turkey or the sweet young thing?:p:
Your too old to handle both in the same day my friend!
I take both, if I had to go, I'll leave with a smile. :D

Regards
One big happy Turtle. :D :D

Movieman
03-07-2007, 02:34 PM
I take both, if I had to go, I'll leave with a smile. :D

Regards
One big happy Turtle. :D :D
After that bottle of Wild Turkey, ANYTHING that remotely resembled a living breathing female would be in danger..
and I'm not just including homo sapiens here either!:D

Frisch
03-07-2007, 03:44 PM
After that bottle of Wild Turkey, ANYTHING that remotely resembled a living breathing female would be in danger..
and I'm not just including homo sapiens here either!:D
What do I know about the strength of your alcohol, I have the feeling, that you WANT to kill me. :D

Now i'm really afraid what you would serve me if I dropped by. :( :D

Movieman
03-07-2007, 03:50 PM
What do I know about the strength of your alcohol, I have the feeling, that you WANT to kill me. :D

Now i'm really afraid what you would serve me if I dropped by. :( :D
Wild Turkey is like baby formula..
It comes in 2 strengths, 86 proof and 101 proof..
If you stopped by all I'd serve is a little lettuce and some raw hamburg.
Isn't that what turtles eat?:p: