PDA

View Full Version : "N" in a mac mini YES

dpedini
02-24-2007, 05:56 PM
ok its been upgraded with a T7600 2.33 proc and two 1GB mem chips and I also threw in an air port extreme 'N' card while I was in there.

the card has only one antenna hook up right now so its not that fast as it could be is only 130MB as you can see I will try to get another one to add to the one that is already in there.

http://www.pedini.com/clientuploads/AppleStuff/macminiwithn.JPG

and yes this is a stock apple part all I did was swap it out and did not even have to load the drivers since I already had the wireless base station.

DP

Mr. Popo
02-24-2007, 06:10 PM
That's a beastly mac mini. :toast:

AzraelDarkangel
02-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Now if they can just do something about the graphics issue, at least with Shuttle X100/200 you can plug in MMX notebook graphics modules. Maybe a revised model where you can hook up full size external graphics solution they have been talking about, and dual boot with Windows for a killer gaming machine.

dpedini
02-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Now if they can just do something about the graphics issue, at least with Shuttle X100/200 you can plug in MMX notebook graphics modules. Maybe a revised model where you can hook up full size external graphics solution they have been talking about, and dual boot with Windows for a killer gaming machine.

why not just let teh system use more than the 64MB the chip set can use up to 450MB of system memory.

DP

lowfat
02-25-2007, 11:47 AM
why not just let teh system use more than the 64MB the chip set can use up to 450MB of system memory.

DP

that still isn't going to help games performance at all. but very cool nevertheless.