PDA

View Full Version : EK-FC8800 GTX (Acetal Top) Questions

matsuya
02-23-2007, 11:48 AM
I have the full cover block for my 8800GTX with the optional top. Anyone else using this combo? For some reason the 3 screws that hold the power regulator cooler to the card isn't long enough. The instructions tell me to use the PVC washer and metal washer for each screw. I have to eliminate the metal washer in order for it to reach. Anyone else having this issue?

Also the block came with two metal rings with a rubber o-ring. Does that have to be placed before the barbs?

BigBlueBoy
02-23-2007, 11:55 AM
I had a similar experience with the acrylic top. I then realized that I overtightened the 4 screws closest to the GPU causing some board warping. Untighten those screws and then all screws fit fine.

Another possible cause may be that you are not using the right screws. Check to make sure you have the right screws for the correct holes.

matsuya
02-23-2007, 12:03 PM
I had a similar experience with the acrylic top. I then realized that I overtightened the 4 screws closest to the GPU causing some board warping. Untighten those screws and then all screws fit fine.

Another possible cause may be that you are not using the right screws. Check to make sure you have the right screws for the correct holes.
I used the right screws and loosened the other screws, but it still wouldn't reach.

ocnewbee
02-23-2007, 01:26 PM
I just did my acrylic top 8800 block the other night and e-mailed eddy with the changes needed, he should of made those three screws to the m2.5x8, instead of m2.5x6. With the m2.5x8 screws you can run the pvc and metal washer an have like 3-5 threads grab the board and less warpage. Get some from a hardware store and swap them out.

zbogorgon
02-23-2007, 01:45 PM
I also told Eddy that he should use at least longer screews
you could also screw those without paper pads or metal pads

MazterX
02-24-2007, 08:12 AM
I have the same problem. The screws on the regulator-side won't reach. :(
Well, some day I have to go to the local hardwarestore and get some longer ones.