PDA

View Full Version : When would u know when your Peltier is fried?

NyCUndaGrounD
05-26-2003, 06:26 AM
OK guys i have the Swiftech MCW-50T and before i changed the tubings, rad, and pump. the water use to be very warm. LOL. And now i use the same setup but everyhting new and same as before, and now the water is like cool. I have a

blackice 80mm rad w 80mm fan oon it.
Hydor L20 pump.

i have the pelt power connected. Do u guys know if it fried out or is still good.

TheDude
05-26-2003, 06:58 AM
Only way I know is to take pelt out...run on air for a few seconds and see if one side gets cool and the other hot. Don't run more than a few seconds or there will be no doubt as to if it is fried. :D

Kunaak
05-26-2003, 12:32 PM
in my early days of fiddling around with peltiers, I did alot of testing to figure out how they worked.
one of my most foolish tests was turning on a peltier with no cooling on it to find out what side get hot and what side gets cold (mind you I knew nothing about them at that point and had no one to learn from)
now, that peltier must have spent a good 10 minutes with no cooling on it, and to this day it works fine.
But then again...
there is a reason why it's my "test" pelt, and nothing more ;)

if your Pelt died.
just go on Ebay.
enter the word "Peltier" in the search, filter out with the buy it now feature.
you will find a ton of cheap peltiers, 80 watt ones for 7.99, 120 watt ones for 12.99 and so on, it should help if your outta commission on your current Pelt.

Teus
05-26-2003, 09:17 PM
keep in mind, if your pelt/watercooling is ON and your system is OFF, your peltier will dissipate less heat (cuz you don't have to cool your system down)

there also might be something wrong with your setup before, and now it's okay

NyCUndaGrounD
05-27-2003, 09:22 AM
Ill see if i can do 510/400 with my radon 9800. If i can do that does that mean my pelt is still good?

Teus
05-27-2003, 09:41 AM
sure. if it's fuxx0red your card will make your machine freeze in no time :D

PimpJack
06-09-2003, 12:05 PM
why don't u just turn on ur h20 and pelt without the comp and feel the back of ur card. If its cold then it works. If it gets really cold then it works well. Even better would be to take the pelt and block off the card and see if the coldplate gets frosty.
Why does a simple concept like this become so difficult. If it works the cold side gets COLD if not then it doesn't. If u are powering the pelt from ur main comp's PSU u can start just the psu by connecting two pins on ur atx plug. pm me if u need to know how.