PDA

View Full Version : xp password

Hardass
05-26-2003, 04:28 AM
One of my rigs is setup with xp pro and I have to type a password to log on how do I put it back so it just boots direct to xp with no password. Reason being if there is a power spike here and rig reboots while I am away it sits there until I get home and enter password. Lose folding points that way.;)

TheDude
05-26-2003, 04:35 AM
I think Tweakxp has a logon with password screen for this so it will reboot without it. I'm sure there must be a way short of a re-install to do this, but don't know what it is.

BTW you have a PM from me. :D

Hardass
05-26-2003, 04:49 AM
There was a thread here that had instructions on setting it up so you had to use a password to log in and it was easy to set up. Now I don,t remember how I did it so I can not undo it.

TheDude
05-26-2003, 05:34 AM
Click Start, click Run, and type control userpasswords2.
Clear the Users must enter a username and password to use this computer check box.
Click Apply.
Enter the user name and password you wish to automatically log on with, and then click OK.
Click OK again and you're all done.
:D

PS If you have a real high OC as I do, it may require you to click on something because PC is running too fast for it to work.

IFMU
05-26-2003, 06:52 AM
Ok, once again, noit at home so cant check thoroughly at the moment, but Im pretty sure this is right...

Get into the control panel, then user accounts. Within it should have an option to alter the way user(s) log in/out. I believe you should be able to go into that and delete the login password. Which would then do an auto login.

Unless you only use the admin, which isnt really needed, set up a blah account, with admin privvies, and just dont set a pass. System boots, goes straight into that account.

Any help?

TheDude
05-26-2003, 06:55 AM
IFMU,

Did you see my post, above yours? :D
Same thing.

IFMU
05-26-2003, 07:01 AM
Yea I saw it, didnt make much sense to me though.. LoL, Im too used to the graphic interface on windows really. :rolleyes: lol

TheDude
05-26-2003, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by IFMU
Yea I saw it, didnt make much sense to me though.. LoL, Im too used to the graphic interface on windows really. :rolleyes: lol

OK...same result by slightly different route...take your pick Hardass.:D

Johnny Knoxvill
05-31-2003, 06:55 AM
download tweakui

JeffPH
05-31-2003, 07:41 AM
you can use tweakui to auto log in every boot up or you can delete all your users and leave the adminstrator so it boots up without asking for log-in, you can do this in control panel then user accts.

TheDude
05-31-2003, 10:59 AM
He already resolved this guys