PDA

View Full Version : AOpen i975Xa-YDG adjust mutiplier?

LBJGH
02-17-2007, 07:18 PM
I've got an T7200ES Merom and was considering installing it on a AOpen i975Xa-YDG.

According to PC wizard 2007 this ES chip does not have a locked multiplier which would allow me to get the most out of this chip without killer memory.

Will I see a significant performance loss using multiplier adjustment as opposed to fsb/memory overclocking?

tx LBJGH

Kunaak
03-04-2007, 12:02 PM
upping the multiplier should be fine for a laptop if you dont have much in the way of memory control.

seems whats happening is, your CPU is running with C1E and EIST enabled.

if it is, you can adjust the Multiplier in real time, using something like Crystal CPUID. that has a program in it, that allows you manipulate EIST so you can adjust your multiplier as you need to.

right now, your CPU should be running 6 x 166 with EIST enabled, for nearly 1 ghz. your CPU does this to save on battery power, and lowers the amount of heat your CPU puts out, when you arent doing anything that really needs much CPU power... like general PC use, internet browsing and email and such.

the CPU will kick into full speed... in your case 12 x 166 when your start doing something that requires alot of CPU speed... like a game... or rendering movie files, editing something...

(I dont know the exact math on the merom processor... I think the FSB is 667 mhz, or 166.6 x 4 = 667 mhz for the FSB... and 166 x 12 for 2 ghz.)