PDA

View Full Version : Darnit, is this ok?

Spawne32
02-16-2007, 10:55 AM
I just got the athlon xp processor in the mail that i ordered off ebay to replace a bad one in my dads pc, but 3 out of the 4 bumpers that sit on the top of the processor are missing, is this gona be ok? Or do i have to worry about cracking the die. :mad:

i found nemo
02-16-2007, 11:44 AM
wat you mean bumpers?

the pads? i guess just replace them. was it like that in the pic? if not i reccomend you send it back bud.

THE JEW (RaVeN)
02-16-2007, 11:50 AM
You almost always need to worry about cracking the die even with pads. You can make the extra 3 out of electrical tape. Just cut little square and stack 'em 'til they're the height of the pad or so.

Spawne32
02-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Bah, i examined it further when i got home from getting pizza and apparently its ALREADY cracked, the die has several hairline fractures right down the middle, that i can actually feel with my finger, so the guy i bought it from agreed to replace it. Another setback in fixing this computer lol

i found nemo
02-16-2007, 03:40 PM
just get a new one c'mon guy lol

Spawne32
02-17-2007, 03:36 PM
just get a new one c'mon guy lol

lol if im gona pay all that money for a new athlon xp chip i might as well buy a whole new computer for him. So far ive paid less then 24 dollars for all the processors ive got, problem is they were all broke! fortunately all the sellers ive been buying from are good about refunds/replacements.

Ehwaz001
02-18-2007, 04:14 AM
I would find other resellers if all dies on the CPU's you get are cracked...
You can always go to a local reseller or a trade convention or something if fleebay is going to keep giving you sellers that can't handle their CPU's well.