PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have an HTPC?

PanteraGSTK
02-16-2007, 10:39 AM
I wanted to ask you guys because the HTPC forums are full of morons that have no clue what they are talking about (for the most part). I plan on using my current cpu/motherboard/ram and an HDCP video card for my HTPC build. I am going to use MCE 2005 until vista matures. What I want to know is what issues you guys have found when using 3 analog tuners with two hd tuners. Such as: I've read that you want to make the recording drive seperate from your operating system drive to improve smooth playback/recording. That makes sense. Any tweaks you guys have found? HDTV and regular tv picture quality enhancements. I would like to use PureVideo because it works with my video card and decodes everything I need it to. Most sound is decoded by my sound card anyway so that isn't a problem, I just need to know how to get all of the sound to my soundcard without something like AC3 filter trying to process it first. Sorry to ask so much, I really just want to know what problems you have run into and such. When I pause TV for a while, it sometimes plays jerky or the sound and video are off. That and while viewing delayed HDTV the viedo moves faster than the sound. It is very frustrating and I want to use this HTPC as a FULL TIME STB. Thanks in advance.