PDA

View Full Version : MC14 Cleaning and re-stickying

SuperPysz
02-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Hi everybody, I'm wondering if there is anything that I can soak or rub on my mc14 hs's to get rid of the stock thermal tape? If there is, what would be the best thing to replace it with?

Capt Proton
02-16-2007, 01:13 AM
Lacquer thinner will disolve just about any adhesive, along with most plastics, paint, etc.. Hard on the skin and lots of fumes too. It will probably make short work of your problem. It won't hurt the metal.

Solarfall
02-16-2007, 05:06 AM
Lacquer thinner will disolve just about any adhesive, along with most plastics, paint, etc.. Hard on the skin and lots of fumes too. It will probably make short work of your problem. It won't hurt the metal.

yep thiner will work. acetone is a little bit heavyer stuff and will disolve even faster
+ you may get high from it:D

JargonGR
02-16-2007, 05:33 AM
Just soak them in Alcohol for 10-15minutes and they will come off really easy. I have done it many times.

Patriote
02-16-2007, 05:58 AM
I used my finger nails, some Rubbing alcohol and i was done. I then applied some Microcool Chomerics Thermattach T412 Tape (which i must admit that it's doing a wonderful job over those crapy tapes that comes with the MC14) and my cards were good to go!

IanY
02-16-2007, 06:12 AM
Another endorsement for T412.

[XC] MarioMaster
02-16-2007, 09:25 AM
I used my finger nails, some Rubbing alcohol and i was done. I then applied some Microcool Chomerics Thermattach T412 Tape (which i must admit that it's doing a wonderful job over those crapy tapes that comes with the MC14) and my cards were good to go!

usually you can just pick it off, comes off like a stretchy sticker

Chas_The_Man
02-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Picking it off would take forever with whatever they are using now. I used that high dollar orange smelling stuff from Arctic Silver. It worked fairly well. Im sure something else would have worked better.

SuperPysz
02-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Cool, thanks everyone, I don't think I'm gonna get high doing this, but I like the alcohol idea. I got tons of that around the house already. I will also definetly be ordering some of that T412 tape. It looked good at one of the tech store sites I was looking at, I just was sure. Thanks again.

SuperPysz
02-16-2007, 05:43 PM
I just wanna come back and say that the alcohol thing worked great, I soaked one of the in it for a few hours, came back and peeled the thermal tape right off. It looks as if it was never there. Thanks for the idea!