PDA

View Full Version : Is My Oc considered stable?

rage1888
02-14-2007, 04:58 AM
I ran Orthos dual thread small ffts for 12 hours passed
Mem test for 12 hours all passed
Orthos blend 4 hour fail
3dmark06 Loops stable

I currently running 1.475 voltage.. i could go higher but is it necesarry

Games dont act up at all.. but should i pump the voltage to make the blend test stable? I mean if its failing somethings up right?

Specs are

850w ocz game xtreme
2gb crucial ballistix tracer 6400 LED
8800GTX
Cooled by CoolIT Freezone Cpu cooler
Intel Bad Axe Mobo
2x 500gb Hdds

GMX
02-14-2007, 05:07 AM
Blend would probably be due to your memory settings?
This should be in Intel section.

Cracker
02-14-2007, 06:09 AM
Blend would probably be due to your memory settings?
This should be in Intel section.Jealous much? :slap:

And to answer the original question... it depends on your definition of stable. Some would say that is stable and others would say no less than 12 hours of Orthos means stable.

Personally, I can't stand any instability but I could live with Orthos failing after 4 hours if the system never failed under actual use (encoding or long online FPS battles). If the system failed during an encode or a game I would not find that acceptable.

That voltage is a little on the high side--- how are your temps?

perry_78
02-14-2007, 06:37 AM
This is def. not Xtreme Overclocking.

As for stable, depends per definition, but if it fails Orthos, then it's not stable :)

newls1
02-14-2007, 06:53 AM
What is the overclock? am I blind? What speed, and what CPU?

GMX
02-14-2007, 08:41 AM
Jealous much? :slap:

And to answer the original question... it depends on your definition of stable. Some would say that is stable and others would say no less than 12 hours of Orthos means stable.

Personally, I can't stand any instability but I could live with Orthos failing after 4 hours if the system never failed under actual use (encoding or long online FPS battles). If the system failed during an encode or a game I would not find that acceptable.

That voltage is a little on the high side--- how are your temps?

I don't understand why you are the kind to provoke...:slapass:

Small fft 12hour stable = cpu is fine.
Blend you should play around with your memory settings or other things not related to cpu.

rage1888
02-14-2007, 11:57 PM
oops i forgot to mention its an x6800 for the cpu.. and temps are about 52 on full game load and 3dmark loop.. orthos on blend gets to about 55 deg C Small FFts gets to 62 and chills there.. i could shave off a few degrees by cleaning the cooler... and a whole lot more buy getting a case this case is to small for this water cooling setup(btw i Won this whole comp). My oc is at 3.6 Multi is at 10x360= 3.6 rated fsb is 1440 Memory freq is at 900 with timings of 4 4 4 12

If the mem passed memtest why fail on blend???? Crappy thing about this board is i can only feed the ram 2.2... U think 2.3 would fix things up with the blend..

da_h00k
02-15-2007, 05:12 AM
Try nodge up the latencies: CL5 and then try Blend again. If it doesn't fail, you've found the actual problem :)

It doesn't seems like a CPU problem.

kyleslater
02-15-2007, 06:47 AM
Can't be a problem with the CPU as I had mine up there on AIR semi-stable with those same volts.... Though I do need a better case and CPU fan yet myself.