PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Virginia...

Judaeus Apella
02-13-2007, 06:36 AM
I was in Circuit City the other day curious if they sold fans, and I found one. A cheap Antec fan labeled "Fan Mod" in fancy packaging.... and it was just a fan. THATS NOT A MOD @SSHOLES! And they wanted $20 for it!

Gawd I hate it here. I wanted to just kill everyone in the damn store. :mad:

They can only get away with that here because there are so many uneducated people. You guys have no idea how many rednecks and inbred hillbillies I see in the electronic stores trying to figure out these "new fangled devices", and yes that is a quote. I've also heard "we don't much care for computers", and "where does the picture come out?" when looking at a digital camera. The technological ignorance here is too overwhelming. Stores here can get away with selling just about anything.

I can't wait till I finish my education so I can get the hell out of here!!

(Sorry if this post offends anyone, but I've really had it with the massive amounts of stupidity here. I can't live like this!)

Big Deel
02-13-2007, 07:11 AM
Maybe you should stay there to educate the people about p/c's and such.If you run away with your education,your not helping the future generation.I love it in Virgina,but i don't live there.
Small price to pay for some of the best air and beautiful mountains ever.

Judaeus Apella
02-13-2007, 07:21 AM
Its about the social environment for me, not the scenery. I think there's someone here who actually has "I hate Virginia" under their user name. LOL So I don't think Im the only one. haha

And these people don't WANT to learn, they like being ignorent. Its a part of the culture, which makes them even more frustrating to be around.

Omastar
02-13-2007, 04:13 PM
There are a few technologically savvy epicenters in the south, and I thankfully happen to live near one (Research Triangle Park), however there's no denying that I also live scarily close to rednecks, rapists, murderers, ghetto fabulous types, and every other grimy subculture you can think of.

Quest_7F
02-14-2007, 04:57 AM
U know that happens here too. Only instead of 20 its like 15 but they add in a shirt or mouse pad.

Judaeus Apella
02-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Nope, it was just a normal average 30 CFM fan, cheaply made with clear cheap plastic. Nothing special about it, just run of the mill cheap fan. No extras, no mouse pad, no shirt, just fancy packaging, with FAN MOD written with a catchy font. Thats all. But really... it is a great scam.

I remember that great impression someone did of a lamer talking about how awsome his dell was and how his buddy from tell told him the way to overclock it is setting the clock in the bottom right of windows a few minutes fast. THAT WAS SO FUNNY I STILL LAUGH AT IT. I should try and find that again... In fact I think I will! Hold on.....Edit:

I FOUND IT!!

Dude, Dell's RULE! I 'm getting a DELL as soon as I think I can handle the AWSOME Power. Just the name is intmidating. My friend works at a Dell outlet, and he knows everything about PC's. He's been working there like three whole months now, totally experienced.

He taught me how to overclock like superfast. I can tell you guys (he says girls can't even do this) but you have to promise not to share this info. He also said you shouldn't try this unless you have a totally awsome Dell, dude.

All you do to overclock, is click on the "clock" feature in the system tray to the right, and then set your clock so it's like 120-seconds faster then the acutal time. He said this tricks the CPU into thinking it's running behind, and it speeds-up to catch up with the actual time. So it's running faster, or "OVERCLOCKED" because it thinks it's running too slow. My friend is the coolest, and when I buy the best Dell they make, he promised me ten free CD-RW's! When I get that Dell I'm going to overclock it like 5-minutes!

Liquid3D PLEASE do that impression again, only this time the same guy thinks this fan will be a great mod for his awsome overclocked Dell!! Please!?