PDA

View Full Version : Sorry guys, I have had it with MJ12.

Mc Intosh
02-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Since the new versions of MJ12 I rarely hit over 2 million, when previously I had no trouble hitting 4 million. This is something on MJ12's end. On the other hand my connection freezes up at least once a day. I've got two PC's running and I often find them running for hours and hours for nothing.

These two things combined with the fact that my main goal in DC is to contribute to something meaningfull ( meaningfull from MY point of view, I don't want to offend anyone).

I got caught up in the teamspirit and I have had a lot of fun! That's the main reason I have held on for so long.

Now it's time to leave MJ12 for what it is. I realize this is bad for XS, and I am sorry for that. Just realize that it is good for Medical Sience, I will select a new medical project.

:toast: to all, and I will be checking in once in a while. Keep up the great work around here :woot:

Movieman
02-11-2007, 09:32 AM
I understand my friend. No hard feelings at all.
My thanks for your help and the best to you on whichever app you choose.
Ok, here's one for the Big Mc:
:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast::toast: :toast: :toast:

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot::woot: :woot: :woot:

Martijn
02-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks for helping us out!! And there is no reason you shouldn't be crunching for XS ;)

:toast:

[XC] gomeler
02-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Come join the darkside of crunching ;) I myself gave up on mj-12 due to the fears of comcast killing my connection, but nothing wrong with crunching a few medical projects. You've been with us too long to just leave!

[XC] DragonOrta
02-11-2007, 02:12 PM
It's been great having you over here Mc Intosh. Thanks for all your help. :up:

Mc Intosh
02-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks guys, maybe I will join you in the future for another challenge. But foremost my loyalty lies with the DPC, but we will meet again :D

[XC] DragonOrta
02-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Let us know what app you decide to go to, and make sure it's one that the DPC are currently ahead of us in. :D

Mc Intosh
02-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Leiden Classical on BOINC it is. A Dutch DC project from the Leiden University, with you guys in 14th place and the DPC in 2nd. The Belgians are in 1st place, so we've got a goal to achieve :D And XS therefor too :p:

Frisch
02-11-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm having a baby cow this week, he raped me. :( ;) :D

Sexy number you're leaving on the stats page, you should demand us to kiss your pretty cow @$$:worship: :bows: :kissbutt: that should do it

Your problem with freezing should be solved by changing back to net 1.1, others that had problems, increased their score + solved the freezing issue.

Well to late...just a big MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO frome here, and of course i'll raise the baby cow properly, don't worry........

See you around :)

Mc Intosh
02-11-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm having a baby cow this week, he raped me. :( ;) :D

Sexy number you're leaving on the stats page, you should demand us to kiss your pretty cow @$$:worship: :bows: :kissbutt: that should do it

Your problem with freezing should be solved by changing back to net 1.1, others that had problems, increased their score + solved the freezing issue.

Well to late...just a big MOOOOOOOOOOOOOO frome here, and of course i'll raise the baby cow properly, don't worry........

See you around :)

You never sees to make me laugh, and I trust that baby cow will be raised a fine Turtle :woot:

Movieman
02-11-2007, 06:29 PM
You never sees to make me laugh, and I trust that baby cow will be raised a fine Turtle :woot:
I'll try and help with the child support..
Will a bale of hay a week be enough?:D

[XC] moddolicous
02-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Well, to pick up the slack, I lowered the workers on my comp to 200 and loaded another one on my dad's with 250 workers. Unfortunately, this will only last for ~1week. It was nice having you on the team while it lasted. I completely agree that it is unfair that the new versions limit the amount you are able to do a day.

Paladin
02-11-2007, 10:06 PM
I've had my net connection lock up lately too. Since I'm running both Eon and MJ12 when it happens I wasn't sure who to blame. Didn't happen with 1.4.5 NET 2.0, only since "upgrading" to 1.4.6...

Many thanks to the bovine emissary for your outstanding contributions! :cow: