PDA

View Full Version : ! question before i RMA my Raptors to a store near me!

NyCUndaGrounD
05-22-2003, 07:44 AM
OK guys i was able to fix they stupid SATA raid on IC7-G ICH5R, But when i install WINXP and at the stage when it formats the disk, it formats it super fast like in less then 15 secs. After going to 100%. There is an error message in a blue screen saying:

Setup was unable to format partition. The disk may be damaged. ANd theres some more mumble jumble following this.

I know my WINXP disc isnt the problem because i was able to setup my WD 40gb and talking to u guys now.

So Im really hoping this disc is bad so i can RMA to Essencompu.com which is located a few miles to where i live.

Tweaked!
06-11-2003, 06:22 AM
So, what's your outcome on this so far? Have you figured out the problem yet?
The only thing I can think to try is possibly formatting before you set them up in raid configuration and see if they'll work that way.

JeffPH
06-11-2003, 06:26 AM
Is there a software like the maxtor util or seagate util to test your hd even without a format? this is dos mode.
Did you enable SATA RAID in bios? then disable fast boot in bios so you can see when the bios ask you to configure your HD. then after setting it hit f6 as soon as winxp loads so you can confiure your SATA raid drives.

Amoeba Assassin
06-11-2003, 03:21 PM
tsk tsk cant help a devils fan

Amoeba Assassin
06-21-2003, 03:42 PM
<----------likes canucks

Nohto
06-21-2003, 04:38 PM
It isn't your disk or your harddrives. It is caused by an incompatibility with the Sata controler. I have had this happen on several of the MB including the N-force and used the same drives on a different controler with a raid configuration.

Charles Wirth
06-21-2003, 05:03 PM
Make a new floppy disk with SATA RAID drivers on it

You are pressing F6 when the windows install starts to load RAID driver right?