PDA

View Full Version : Dtek Fusion or Apogee GT what would you chose?

newls1
02-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Which of these 2 blocks would you prefer? Dtek, Apogee GT?

IanY
02-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Well, I brought two FuZions and one Apogee GT home, and I ended up choosing the Apogee GT. On a QX6700.

newls1
02-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Well, I brought two FuZions and one Apogee GT home, and I ended up choosing the Apogee GT. On a QX6700.
I seem to have a base issue with my Apogee GT so I contacted Shoppts to ask quoc his recommendation here and since he cant physically see my block in person, he cant really give me an answer, however I'm thinking about changing my block for the D-Tek Fusion, was hoping this might be a "better" performing block. One more shout out for QUOC @ www.shoppts.com. Your awesome!

IanY
02-06-2007, 12:35 PM
I seem to have a base issue with my Apogee GT so I contacted Shoppts to ask quoc his recommendation here and since he cant physically see my block in person, he cant really give me an answer, however I'm thinking about changing my block for the D-Tek Fusion, was hoping this might be a "better" performing block. One more shout out for QUOC @ www.shoppts.com. Your awesome!

Just to clarify, I'm getting measurably better performance on the Apogee GT with the larger O-ring.

newls1
02-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Just to clarify, I'm getting measurably better performance on the Apogee GT with the larger O-ring.
I thought the same thing yesterday, but im not, it was just colder outside. I sent back my ApogeeGT for the new D-Tek Fusion in hopes that the Fusion is the better block. My DELTA from idle to load was nearly 27c. That is ridiculous if you ask me. I could understand if it was a quad core, but its only a E6600 using 1.45Vcore (actual is 1.408) I hope the D-Tek fusion performs better. Wish me luck!

newls1
02-06-2007, 06:39 PM
So far the D-Tek Fuzion is winning hands down. I guess switching my ApogeeGT for the Fuzion might have been a good idea.

IanY
02-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Different block for a different situation. Correct? Not everyone's cpu is alike.

Okda
02-06-2007, 06:59 PM
ya sure IanY

but for me i will go with the Apogee for the least restriction

nikhsub1
02-06-2007, 07:02 PM
ya sure IanY

but for me i will go with the Apogee for the least restriction
Err, the Fuzion is FAR less restrictive than the apogee.

newls1
02-06-2007, 07:15 PM
I have a question: Is the fuzion going to "PLAY" nice on my E6600? I keep reading posts about this Water Block however there all using kentsfield chips. I can't find a person using this block that has a dual core. I had a bad experience with my ApogeeGT block, and hope the FUZION makes me feel better about switching to H2O.

Okda
02-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Err, the Fuzion is FAR less restrictive than the apogee.

really !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i thought the opposite

then for sure i wil go with the Dtek

ShaneS
02-06-2007, 07:22 PM
I prefer the Apogee personally. I just can't stand the way the Fuzion looks.

If they are "close" in performance, that is good enough for me.

ramenchef
02-06-2007, 07:38 PM
I like the apogee gt over the fuzion myself.

Lancelot
02-06-2007, 08:33 PM
I have the Storm, Apogee GT and FuZion........I went with the Fuzion because temps are as good if not better than the others and the flow is WAAAYYYYY better with the Fuzion!

tommrussell
02-06-2007, 08:50 PM
I have a question: Is the fuzion going to "PLAY" nice on my E6600? I keep reading posts about this Water Block however there all using kentsfield chips. I can't find a person using this block that has a dual core. I had a bad experience with my ApogeeGT block, and hope the FUZION makes me feel better about switching to H2O.

i have the fuZion on a 6600 and am getting about a 12-13 * delta idle to load (see sig)

went from a mp-05 le sp to this and am very pleased with the performance

IanY
02-06-2007, 08:51 PM
If you like the Storm, then its a contradiction to say that flow is the end all and be all of blocks. The fact is that a Storm design does not have the best flow, but for a long time it was unequaled. I would submit that flow has nothing to do with how good a block is. I chose the Apogee GT because my eventual temps were 2 to 3 degrees better, and that was after over 20 mountings... a very long and tedious process.

newls1
02-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Wow, I had no idea the Fuzion had this much "favor"

IanY
02-07-2007, 12:19 PM
3-to-1 is about right. Its not so much about FuZion having "favor" as much as Swiftech having "hate." lol Swiftech is almost like the Microsoft of water blocks heh

flou
02-07-2007, 12:31 PM
If you like the Storm, then its a contradiction to say that flow is the end all and be all of blocks. The fact is that a Storm design does not have the best flow, but for a long time it was unequaled. I would submit that flow has nothing to do with how good a block is. I chose the Apogee GT because my eventual temps were 2 to 3 degrees better, and that was after over 20 mountings... a very long and tedious process.

Well how can i say that your test is right by the time you don't supply any images and the whole data of the test?What pump,what radiator,what cpu what voltage etc?Show to us a complete test to see what is going on!:toast:

IanY
02-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Woah Ho Ho :D

No thank you! I don't pour kerosene on myself and invite others to light matches. I am not flame bait :) I have been through enough of that crap and fought enough flamewars to know better :)

I could care less if anyone would want to call my tests incorrect, or that I'm a n00b or a liar or a retard or whatever else anyone wants to call me... trust me, I've heard it *all* before :)

Having said that, I would be happy to share test setups and conclusions via PM :)

ShaneS
02-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Woah Ho Ho :D

No thank you! I don't pour kerosene on myself and invite others to light matches. I am not flame bait :) I have been through enough of that crap and fought enough flamewars to know better :)

I could care less if anyone would want to call my tests incorrect, or that I'm a n00b or a liar or a retard or whatever else anyone wants to call me... trust me, I've heard it *all* before :)

Having said that, I would be happy to share test setups and conclusions via PM :)

I agree. Who gives a crap.

If something works well for you, I say use it.

serialk11r
02-07-2007, 03:39 PM
3-to-1 is about right. Its not so much about FuZion having "favor" as much as Swiftech having "hate." lol Swiftech is almost like the Microsoft of water blocks heh
No Swiftech is the Microsoft of waterblocks to this forum, but its not as dominant as Microsoft is compared to like Apple.

h20 frag-monger
02-07-2007, 10:14 PM
fuzion for sure...

sreedx2
02-08-2007, 11:47 AM
wow the fuzion is winning bar a bit

I was going to get the apogee but were back ordered now have a fusion coming

why is the fuzion so popular ... ?

IanY
02-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Its popular because its not from Swiftech. Its sad but that's the unfortunate answer.

Also, as far as this forum goes, the model name "Apogee" has a lot of baggage. The unplaced hatred for the original Apogee was mind boggling.

3-to-1 is about the right ratio I expected out of this poll, never mind that the Swiftech Storm Rev 2 is still the best water block for a regular dual core cpu :)

h20 frag-monger
02-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Its popular because its not from Swiftech. Its sad but that's the unfortunate answer.

Also, as far as this forum goes, the model name "Apogee" has a lot of baggage. The unplaced hatred for the original Apogee was mind boggling.

3-to-1 is about the right ratio I expected out of this poll, never mind that the Swiftech Storm Rev 2 is still the best water block for a regular dual core cpu :)

I dissagree in both my test bench and in system tests Fuzion beat Storm rev2 ....it also beat the apogee GT both big o-ring and small o-ring (i have yet to publish this test).....also i have done some nozzle testing with the Fuzion, preliminary results are awesome (i'm still putting all the data in a readable format)

IanY
02-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Well, like I said, in my system, in my home, under my conditions, under my hands, the larger O-ring on the GT consistently beats out the FuZion. If you, or others, like to use homemade nozzles, then its your perrogative. I don't engineer products on behalf of companies.

I'm not going to get into a flamewar about this. You obviously have a lot of industry expertise and access to top level testing hardware.

Having said that, I can only use what works best for me. If its me alone against the rest of the world, then so be it. No amount of convincing from anyone, short of God, is going to get me to change my mind on what I see with my own eyes.

My Storms are on C2Ds and my two FuZions are on X2 AMDs. My only GT is on a Kentsfield. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I can only see what I see, not what everyone else sees. If I don't see clothes on the emperor, I'm not gloating about fine threads. Maybe I just need to have my eyes checked lol :)

If need be, I will stand with my face in the wind and do what is right for me.

mion
02-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Well from my experience with fuzion and apoggee gt, it is not really clear. I installed fat o ring on apoggee gt, ditched springs and it does outperform fuzion with e6400. I think apogee didn't beat fuzion untill I removed springs and install it with just thumb srews from fuzion.

redcorn
02-08-2007, 11:03 PM
I am really happy with the Fuzion block for the quad core Im using it for. Temps are right where I expected to be and I have a little more room for overclocking when Nvidia releases a fix for the 680i chipset to overclock past 300fsb. I like the low restriction of the Fuzion. I was able to even the temps to all four cores to 1C in idle and load.

IanY
02-09-2007, 06:28 AM
I am really happy with the Fuzion block for the quad core Im using it for. Temps are right where I expected to be and I have a little more room for overclocking when Nvidia releases a fix for the 680i chipset to overclock past 300fsb. I like the low restriction of the Fuzion. I was able to even the temps to all four cores to 1C in idle and load.

Huh? I have managed up to 378 FSB, but I'm using the Asus Striker. Fix for 680i chipset? They are going to release revision 2 of the chipset and that will require buying a new mobo if you are so inclined. I don't think there's a "fix" in the works.

If you like the FuZion, good for you. I like the FuZion too. Its a great water block.

pie_uk
02-09-2007, 01:52 PM
i orderd the fusion because it looks better and i pref D tek over swiftech.

its a bit silly to compare them this closely. D-TEK ftw !!!

IanY
02-09-2007, 02:12 PM
And the reason why you prefer D-Tek the company over Swiftech the company is because its not Swiftech, correct?

That's precisely my premise. The hatred for Swiftech across-the-board, for whatever the reason, is about as pervasive as the hatred for Microsoft, and it shows through.

serialk11r
02-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Well I think there isn't a hate for Swiftech, rather everyone is CRAZY over swiftech with the EXCEPTION of the Apogee. I mean plenty of people still have it because of the "high performance" written into its name. If you take a look, how many people have non-Swiftech blocks? How many DangerDen Maze4s and TDXs do you see? How many aquaextreme mp05 les or others do you see?
Well anyways, Fuzion SHOULD have better flow, so I think its really good for multiblock loops (of course you can't exactly tell a huge difference...) IanY like all your blocks are Swiftech lol...

redcorn
02-09-2007, 04:41 PM
And the reason why you prefer D-Tek the company over Swiftech the company is because its not Swiftech, correct?

That's precisely my premise. The hatred for Swiftech across-the-board, for whatever the reason, is about as pervasive as the hatred for Microsoft, and it shows through.

I really have no brand loyalty when it comes to water blocks I just buy what looks to be the best and performs but in this case you cant go wrong with either the Apogee GT or the Fuzion. I think people are buying which ever cosmetically apeals to them.

IanY
02-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Wrong. I bought two FuZions, remember? You never hear about my TDX. Yes, I own a TDX. I also have a Thermaltake lol

redcorn
02-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Huh? I have managed up to 378 FSB, but I'm using the Asus Striker. Fix for 680i chipset? They are going to release revision 2 of the chipset and that will require buying a new mobo if you are so inclined. I don't think there's a "fix" in the works.

If you like the FuZion, good for you. I like the FuZion too. Its a great water block.

Supposedly EVGA will have a bios fix to raise the front side bus for 6700 quad core owners by the end of next week you can go to the forums and check it out. I had the Stryker initially but couldnt get it to work so I got the EVGA. Im running 3.58 maxed out at 12x295 very stable.

serialk11r
02-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Wrong. I bought two FuZions, remember? You never hear about my TDX. Yes, I own a TDX. I also have a Thermaltake lol
You mentioned the Thermaltake before... I hope you replaced it with a 6002 like you said :P Anyways what I meant was you have a ton of swiftech stuff, an apogee, apogee gt, a whole bunch of storm rev. 2s...

IanY
02-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Supposedly EVGA will have a bios fix to raise the front side bus for 6700 quad core owners by the end of next week you can go to the forums and check it out. I had the Stryker initially but couldnt get it to work so I got the EVGA. Im running 3.58 maxed out at 12x295 very stable.

My Striker is at 10 x 374. I don't have an EVGA board, but I have a BFG board. I'll look at it but I doubt the bios are interchangeable even though the BFG is another generic board.

newls1
02-10-2007, 05:49 AM
OK, check out these idle temps with the FuZion block http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=holycrapem1.jpg

Zeus
02-10-2007, 05:55 AM
OK, check out these idle temps with the FuZion block http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=holycrapem1.jpg

-10°C ambient? :confused:

Bail_w
02-10-2007, 05:55 AM

link does not work, i cant see image.

IanY
02-10-2007, 07:40 AM
Hey.. it was 5 degrees F last night in my garage, and the windchill outside was -10 F... that's -23C. I probably can beat those idle temps with a Thermaltake waterblock :)

Can you please show us idle temps in a 22 C or 70 F room temp environment? :)

newls1
02-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Hey.. it was 5 degrees F last night in my garage, and the windchill outside was -10 F... that's -23C. I probably can beat those idle temps with a Thermaltake waterblock :)

Can you please show us idle temps in a 22 C or 70 F room temp environment? :)
Right now it is 9.6c in my room measured with my FLUKE 52II Thermometer and here are my IDLE temps http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10cidlewa1.jpg, This block is pretty freaking good if you ask me. My apogee wouldn't ever get this low, must have had a bad base.

Zeus
02-10-2007, 09:41 AM
hahaha that's a magical block, your core temp is lower than your ambient, where can i get those? :D

And 11°C in your room? No heater unit in your room? OMG that's cold.

newls1
02-10-2007, 10:00 AM
hahaha that's a magical block, your core temp is lower than your ambient, where can i get those? :D

And 11°C in your room? No heater unit in your room? OMG that's cold.
oops, sorry, what I meant was 9.6. Have all my windows open, and it is so cold, you can see your breath

Zeus
02-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Still find that hard to believe.
I do not doubt it's a very good block but you got to have a mega efficient rad to get those temps.

My room temp is 21,6°C and my water is 25°C with a PA120.2 with 4 YateLoons running full throttle.
CPU shows 37°C though.

Have you tried anther bios?
Flashing bios might change your temps by some 10°C all of a sudden.

newls1
02-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Still find that hard to believe.
I do not doubt it's a very good block but you got to have a mega efficient rad to get those temps.

My room temp is 21,6°C and my water is 25°C with a PA120.2 with 4 YateLoons running full throttle.
CPU shows 37°C though.

Have you tried anther bios?
Flashing bios might change your temps by some 10°C all of a sudden.
Ya, Im sure your right, but either way, the fuzion is making me happy:toast:

Zeus
02-10-2007, 10:34 AM
I didn't mean to ruin your pleasure, enjoy it! :toast:

newls1
02-10-2007, 11:22 AM
I didn't mean to ruin your pleasure, enjoy it! :toast:
no prob:D Thanks for all your comments.

SiGfever
02-10-2007, 11:38 AM
FuZion.

newls1
02-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Here is a pic of my PC with the FuZion installed if you all wanted to see.

http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fuzioninstallwm9.jpg
http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fuzioncompletema7.jpg

_G_
02-10-2007, 02:32 PM
FuZion.
did you notice any change in temps when you switched to the d5?
Im thinking the fuzion may work better with a high flow pump over a high pressure one. *goes off looking for a rd30 :D *

Philly_Boy
02-10-2007, 05:27 PM
I will agree with IanY that in my system with a highly oc'd E6300 (3.7ghz) the Apogee GT beats the Fuzion by about 2c idle and 3c loaded. That's delta T loaded with TAT to the ambient air temp. It also had the same results during the Wednesday testing at CES with a Kentsfield. YMMV.

Yet I have a Fuzion on my CPU. Why? It has insane flow!! I have frankensteined a set of MCW 60 GPU block tops and mated them with the Apogee GT base. Now my 8800GTX's idle at 35c and all night runs of 3D Mark 06 only heat them to 40c. Kinda like the best of both worlds.

Everyone's system is different. If I only had a CPU loop, I'd go with the Apogee GT with the fat o-ring. I have a multi block loop, so I prefer the Fuzion because it preserves flow.

ShaneS
02-10-2007, 06:43 PM
I will agree with IanY that in my system with a highly oc'd E6300 (3.7ghz) the Apogee GT beats the Fuzion by about 2c idle and 3c loaded. That's delta T loaded with TAT to the ambient air temp. It also had the same results during the Wednesday testing at CES with a Kentsfield. YMMV.

Yet I have a Fuzion on my CPU. Why? It has insane flow!! I have frankensteined a set of MCW 60 GPU block tops and mated them with the Apogee GT base. Now my 8800GTX's idle at 35c and all night runs of 3D Mark 06 only heat them to 40c. Kinda like the best of both worlds.

Everyone's system is different. If I only had a CPU loop, I'd go with the Apogee GT with the fat o-ring. I have a multi block loop, so I prefer the Fuzion because it preserves flow.

Philly, would you recommend an Apogee GT for a CPU and NB loop only?

I'm not cooling my videocard and I have a GT on hand.

Philly_Boy
02-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Philly, would you recommend an Apogee GT for a CPU and NB loop only?

I'm not cooling my videocard and I have a GT on hand.
Yes, the Apogee GT is a great block for a loop like that.

IanY
02-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Yes. I never mentioned this before, and I guess its a mistake on my part :)

My cpu is the only block in the loop and its cooled by a massive PA120.3 and I also have insane pumping capacity just for the cpu. Obviously, nobody sane would set it up this way. So, if my loop were more complicated, the Apogee GT would very well lose out to the FuZion lol :)

I'm starting to pump up the Vcore and The cpu is going places where few quad cores have gone before on regular water. Its very limited only by what the mobo can do. I wish they improved the darn 680 chipset.

ShaneS
02-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Yes, the Apogee GT is a great block for a loop like that.

Thanks, Philly.