PDA

View Full Version : 10th Place

Paladin
02-06-2007, 08:56 AM
:YIPPIE:
Great work by everyone!

Big thanks to whoever did that boring long sieve for 500 pts.
:toast:

[XC] riptide
02-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Gomeler?

UCmajewski
02-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Great Work !

[XC] 4X4N
02-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Nice to see us in 10th place, but somethings missing. Yesterday we had 345,000 points and now it's at 340,000. :confused:

[XC] gomeler
02-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Bahaha I brought the smackdown :p: We lost the points from EulerNet but EVERYONE lost the points till EulerNET gets back up on their feet. I have another 500 DC-Vault points locked in, just waiting for the computers to finish crunching.

[XC] DragonOrta
02-06-2007, 11:49 AM
Congrats! I looks like Pi Segment also got us a bunch of points. :D

vaio
02-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Hurumph :mad: :stick: :p:

Congrats I suppose :rolleyes: :D

[XC] gomeler
02-06-2007, 01:31 PM
You should just permanently join us vaiodeux ;) That way you won't have to get upset as we tear up through the top 10. Won't take too long for Team Ninja to fall, then Team-TNT will be a little jump, then Team Anandtech, and them 4-6 are all in a little cluster. Won't be long now!

vaio
02-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Dunno why you find it so hard to take out my lil team...........slackers :D
Join XS, no thanks..........if everone joined one big team then there would be no competition, no motivation blah blah blah.

Just watch your back and don't underestimate the underdog too much......after all, once picard add stuff we'll be 12th :eek: :D

Dropping a few places will just make me try harder :)

UCmajewski
02-06-2007, 07:58 PM
You should just permanently join us vaiodeux ;) That way you won't have to get upset as we tear up through the top 10. Won't take too long for Team Ninja to fall, then Team-TNT will be a little jump, then Team Anandtech, and them 4-6 are all in a little cluster. Won't be long now!

To be honest we have little chance of moving any higher with only 600 points in SOB Sieve.

[XC]thewildblue
02-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Well done team.

Upwards and upwards !!

[XC] gomeler
02-07-2007, 08:04 AM
To be honest we have little chance of moving any higher with only 600 points in SOB Sieve.

I don't count on just myself to continue moving up, I'm part of a team :stick:

UCmajewski
02-07-2007, 09:33 AM
I don't count on just myself to continue moving up, I'm part of a team :stick:

huh? Sieve projects are notoriously difficult to setup ...... its no wonder we haven't been all that successful in them.

Paladin
02-07-2007, 10:20 AM
huh? Sieve projects are notoriously difficult to setup ...... its no wonder we haven't been all that successful in them.

Gomeler means he's already "taking one for the team" and has been running some tortuous sieves. I've looked into it and ugg... when I came to everyone was using flying mobile vehicles and IFMU was emperor of the world! :p:

UCmajewski
02-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Gomeler means he's already "taking one for the team" and has been running some tortuous sieves. I've looked into it and ugg... when I came to everyone was using flying mobile vehicles and IFMU was emperor of the world! :p:

Yeah I know I got 2,500 points PSP Sieve ...... it wasn't hard to run, but difficult to setup. Just pointing out that every single team ahead of us is stronger in these projects and probably the only reason they are ahead.

[XC] DragonOrta
02-07-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm giving Riesel LLR a bit of a run to see how that fares, then I might give the SOB Sieve a try when I get one of my Opty machines back up.

Who is on BBC Climate? The registration for that is closed, as I tried to register a week or so ago, but if you sent me your info, I'd put a machine on it for you. :D

A novice
02-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Congratulations everyone on #10 place in the vault nice teamwork.
Rob :YIPPIE:

Hassan
02-08-2007, 12:50 PM
:bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :eleph: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces: :bounces:

mike047
02-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Great Work.

[XC] DragonOrta
02-09-2007, 11:39 AM
I'm 1/4 of the way through one sieve, 1/10 of the way through a much larger one, and then I have another one to do as soon as the smaller one finishes. I hope this gets us something. :)

[XC] gomeler
02-09-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm 1/4 of the way through one sieve, 1/10 of the way through a much larger one, and then I have another one to do as soon as the smaller one finishes. I hope this gets us something. :)

Excellent :) I've got a dual-core xeon crunching away on a combined 1000G unit, my little celeron is almost due to drop a 200G, and once I finish some WCG testing for nn I'll be devoting both E6400 cores to sieving, should be ~1500kp/s :D Now time to go shopping for a new motherboard/ram/proc as I just got paid.

[XC] DragonOrta
02-09-2007, 01:02 PM
The larger one I have is 11882-11892, which I think is 1000G, and then the smaller is a 200g which should finish up tomorrow.

glennpat
02-11-2007, 06:40 AM
Well we're no longer in 10th place, but the pink elephant a few posts back will be doing his thing for a long time. That post makes me smile :) .

I have a couple of E6400's, memory, and Vista coming on Monday. I have all the other parts ready to go. Hopefully everything will go well and I'll be able to help add some vault points.

vaio
02-11-2007, 04:25 PM
See the thread title is wrong :D

[XC] gomeler
02-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Thread title was right before we lost a member :( Don't worry though, we will take 10th place back in no time.

[XC] DragonOrta
02-11-2007, 06:06 PM
I just submitted a 200G sieve to SoB sieve, I just hope that the SoB sieve has reliable stat updates.

Hassan
02-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Thread title was right before we lost a member :( Don't worry though, we will take 10th place back in no time.

Who left?

[XC] gomeler
02-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Mike left for the most part, I think he is still doing SOB and F@H but he pulled out of all other XS DC projects and formed his own team. Sad fact for us but basically we lost him for the same reason that we lost Jose :(

[XC] 4X4N
02-11-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm going to stay on pi segment until we get back up to 4th. Looks like about a week to get there. Hopefully that will put us back in 10th.

Ya, sorry to see mike go. He helped us a lot.

Hassan
02-11-2007, 09:27 PM
pride?

Movieman
02-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Mike left for the most part, I think he is still doing SOB and F@H but he pulled out of all other XS DC projects and formed his own team. Sad fact for us but basically we lost him for the same reason that we lost Jose :(
Let's be straight here: Jose left for one damned reason. He wanted to make the disagreement between me and another guy into a big deal and get his 2 cents in. Yea, I'll say it, drama queen. It had nothing to do with him, his name was never mentioned in that discussion but he had to act the poor little hurt child and leave. That's it my friend.
Mike's situation was different. Mike hops teams as a normal practice. Told me MONTHS ago that he'd be leaving and I understood the why's of what he was doing. His words here and if you want I'll did out the PM and quote him:
(paraphrase from memory) I like to go work on a team for app a year and try to motivate and build the teams then move on and start again.
Yes, thats his motivation and as I said to him at the time that was a great thing to do as he contacted so many people that way.
Now I know he was upset that the projects in the DC Vault didn't get more support from the guys on the other teams but lets be realistic, should someone be mad because someone else has a DC app that they really want to support? No one is telling anyone here not to run these projects but it seems some are mad at others for not running them.
Is that fair? I mean lets say it straight and get it over and done.
Is it fair for someone here to be mad at someone on another team because they don't come here and run the app that someone here would like them to?
The reverse is also true. It wouldn't be fair of me to be upset at you or anyone running a Vault project because I'd rather see that power used elsewhere.
let's put this subject to sleep once and for all.
People will run what they want without any pressure from anyone to run something else. Ask for help, sure, but whether you get a yes or no have the class to say thanks and let that be the end of it.
Thats what I did with over 500 people I PM'd in Rosetta looking for help.
Some 500+ said no and I said Thanks and that was it..
You may have just made a bad choice of words but I'm telling you that every time something like this comes up 12 people jump in and get all upset.
This time I'm jumping in first.
Let me add this: I'm sorry to see Mike go also no matter what app he did. Why? I liked the guy a lot.
Ok, thats my 12 cents for the night..

[XC] DragonOrta
02-11-2007, 10:09 PM
I just hope he keeps posting here, even though he's not necessarily on our team. Almost like our Smap puppy friend, vaio. :D

I'd like to think that we would at least be that kind of place, where even though a guy isn't on our team anymore, he still likes to pop in and throw some zingers like he used to. :)

Movieman
02-11-2007, 10:13 PM
I just hope he keeps posting here, even though he's not necessarily on our team. Almost like our Smap puppy friend, vaio. :D

I'd like to think that we would at least be that kind of place, where even though a guy isn't on our team anymore, he still likes to pop in and throw some zingers like he used to. :)
Agreed 100% percent..He is a good guy that puts his money where his mouth is and welcome at my home anytime.

mike047
02-12-2007, 01:14 AM

I'll pop by now and again. I have friends here that I like to see.

It was fun, and I had/have outlived my usefulness here. Time for new adventures and maybe to motivate/help others.

@Hassan, no pride with this old man:D if that was so I would have stayed at FAH and been in the top 100:). I crunch, thats all:)

A novice
02-12-2007, 02:21 AM
I'll pop by now and again. I have friends here that I like to see.

It was fun, and I had/have outlived my usefulness here. Time for new adventures and maybe to motivate/help others.

@Hassan, no pride with this old man:D if that was so I would have stayed at FAH and been in the top 100:). I crunch, thats all:)

Mike we will miss you but good luck to what ever you do or where ever you go crunch on. Rob:clap:

IFMU
02-12-2007, 06:12 AM
when I came to everyone was using flying mobile vehicles and IFMU was emperor of the world! :p:
Now that is what Im talkin 'bout!

[XC] riptide
02-12-2007, 09:06 AM
Ha ha! Paladin is crazy!

Dave... shhhhhhhhh.... I still remember that famous post you made when you lost your temper and said what you thought .. :rofl: I'm gonna stick it on the wall beside me here. :)

As for Mike... one of a kind. I think he left for a number of reasons, as well as been a gypsy... there were other reasons ;) Movieman and Gomeler may be right at the same time....... in a funny kind of way.

Thats all that needs to be said. And I don't think Mike would appreciate anymore debate on his departure.

He'll get all Prima Dona and think he's somebody special if we keep talking about him. :)

Hassan
02-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Mike I was more referring to why Jose left, you and I never really talked much so I wasn't sure if I missed out on more XS DC Drama :D

em99010pepe
02-12-2007, 03:19 PM
I just submitted a 200G sieve to SoB sieve, I just hope that the SoB sieve has reliable stat updates.

You're going to get something like 25 points. I got 11.99 points for a 100G SOB range.

Carlos

[XC] DragonOrta
02-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Thanks Carlos. How often do stats update happen? I think I saw that the last one for Bok's stats was on the 20th of January.

[XC] 4X4N
02-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Just checked the vault standings and see that crunchers inc is almost 4,000 ahead of us. :( We were right with them, less than 1,000 behind. Anyone know where they got the extra points?

glennpat
02-12-2007, 07:08 PM
They got 2870 from PSP Sieve. Only 1 person on the project, but added a bunch of points the last couple of days.

Paladin
02-12-2007, 07:14 PM
DiabloLegion (Jose) moved his points to FDC. Don't know if that would have done it.

[XC] gomeler
02-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Ahh bastages are challenging my project and taking the easy points :slapass: Time to turn my E6400 over fulltime to PSP Sieve.

vaio
02-13-2007, 10:25 AM
:p:

[XC] Adywebb
02-26-2007, 12:14 AM
:p:
13 days on - are they any closer Pup? :stick: :p: :D

vaio
02-26-2007, 03:52 AM
Yup..........to 12th :D

[XC] Adywebb
02-26-2007, 05:04 AM
Naughty Pup :slapass: -taunting folks in their back yard is bad form :slap:

....'tis also fun though :p:

vaio
02-26-2007, 05:34 AM
Moi? :eek:

Never.........just encouraging them to push on to even greater heights :D

[XC] riptide
02-26-2007, 05:55 AM
Someone smap his neck in 2! :)

vaio
02-26-2007, 06:15 AM
:eek:

My my, that's not very nice.
Someone call the RSPCA :slapass:

btw........you break it I'll fold it :D

[XC] gomeler
02-26-2007, 06:15 AM
Who's in 13th? I be confused.. We'll be taking back 10th place soon, just need to step up our game a bit :)

vaio
02-26-2007, 06:19 AM
13th...........that'd be the moo guys :D
Yes I am sure you'll pass us in no time :p:

[XC] gomeler
02-26-2007, 06:56 AM
Just found out that I've been getting about half-credit on my pet project.. that should give us a huge kick in returns :p: 10th will be all mine!

[XC] Adywebb
02-26-2007, 07:45 AM
Gomeler, would that be PSP Sieve by chance? - I'm just putting my fleet over there now :)

vaio
02-26-2007, 07:51 AM
Interesting.

Hope they add malaria control to le vault soon.:)

vaio
02-26-2007, 07:55 AM
10th will be all mine!

Tis ok cos we want 6th :D

[XC] gomeler
02-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Gomeler, would that be PSP Sieve by chance? - I'm just putting my fleet over there now :)

PSP Sieve and I may have found a way to generate even more points if my SOB Sieve idea is true.. more info to come ;)

[XC] DragonOrta
02-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Gomeler, how fast does your E6400 run PSP Sieve? At 3.8ghz, mine runs it at ~725 kp/s. I know the SoB Sieve runs faster than this one, but I just want to make sure it's running as fast as it should be.

[XC] gomeler
02-26-2007, 02:03 PM
That sounds about right, I think I was doing 715 kp/s per core at 3.8GHz and about 800 kp/s at 4GHz. Right now I'm at 3.4GHz and doing 640 kp/s, it seems to scale pretty well with clockspeed. I don't know if ram timings affect it, I should do some tests in the near future. Getting the final details hashed out about SOB results, if it all pans out we will dominate SOB Sieve :p:

em99010pepe
02-26-2007, 03:09 PM
if it all pans out we will dominate SOB Sieve :p:

I don't think so....If you guys want fast results you should sieve for Riesel and not for SOB.

Carlos

[XC] gomeler
02-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Well I'm already sieving for PSP and my PSP results count for SOB so.. ;)

[XC] riptide
02-26-2007, 05:55 PM
GOMELER> When you get time.. update that sticky about current Vault priorities. I'm just about to drop a little bit of pain on DPAD. Bring is close to another overtake :)

[XC] gomeler
02-26-2007, 06:53 PM
Ahh ok, forgot about that little thread :p: Will have to update it tonight or tomorrow.

[XC] 4X4N
02-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Looks like they re-vamped the vault today and removed some projects. I think it helped us a little. We are now 10k ahead of picard, and a little less than 5k behind crunchers. We gained another spot today in riesel llr, and if your right gomeler, we'll pick up some points on sob sieve too. :toast:

[XC] gomeler
02-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Found out today that the SOB Sieve results don't get updated but every so often, been about 6 days since they were last updated. If everything works correctly we will have a huge dump and see a huge jump on the next update ;)
bahaha my last dump just got us another 500 points, 10th place PSP Sieve according to the vault *grin* 4th place should be do-able with enough effort. Got another 1000G dump about to drop once this stupid Xeon finishes, need more AMDs and Conroes on this project.

A novice
03-01-2007, 04:36 AM

I thought you were moving your fleet to PSP Sieve.
Rob :D

[XC] Adywebb
03-01-2007, 09:18 AM
I thought you were moving your fleet to PSP Sieve.
Rob :D
:wasntme: Sorry Rob - couldn't work out how to set it up properly :yawn:

I will be moving those rigs at proteins shortly mate - then you can whizz past :thumbsup:

A novice
03-01-2007, 09:40 AM
:wasntme: Sorry Rob - couldn't work out how to set it up properly :yawn:

I will be moving those rigs at proteins shortly mate - then you can whizz past :thumbsup:

That's good it will save me moving more computers over to proteins@home.:toast:
Perhaps you should move some of your rigs over to uFluids@home we should be overtaking you by tomorrow :stick:
Rob :)

[XC] Adywebb
03-01-2007, 10:44 AM
That's good it will save me moving more computers over to proteins@home.:toast:
Perhaps you should move some of your rigs over to uFluids@home we should be overtaking you by tomorrow :stick:
Not sure who 'you' is at Fluids, but I'm a prostitute of the DC world - floating around helping out different teams wherever or whenever :fact: :D

Off to help a little team thats struggling over at WCG shortly :toast:

Ady :)

A novice
03-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Not sure who 'you' is at Fluids, but I'm a prostitute of the DC world - floating around helping out different teams wherever or whenever :fact: :D

Off to help a little team thats struggling over at WCG shortly :toast:

Sorry Ady I assumed you was a full time team member of crunchers inc.:am:
If you want to help us we are a little team struggling to overtake crunchers inc. :)
Rob

[XC] Adywebb
03-01-2007, 11:47 AM
Sorry Ady I assumed you was a full time team member of crunchers inc.:am:
If you want to help us we are a little team struggling to overtake crunchers inc. :)
Rob
Crunchers Inc are old friends and rivals where I help out once in a while ;)

Not sure XS really count as a little team Rob :slapass: - should be enough firepower around here to rocket to the top :toast:

[XC] gomeler
03-01-2007, 12:08 PM
That is debatable as we have a lot of our firepower locked up in longterm projects so you have a few dedicated DC-vaulters and lots of longterm members.

[XC] Adywebb
03-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Yep, I can see that - making me kinda guilty now :(

Problem for me is I have deep personal reasons for doing the med/bio projects, but the maths to me seem to be a bit of a waste of time and CPU's other than to gain meaningless points.

vaio
03-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Aw go on, take 10th if ya want it that bad..me get back to my fave projects.
Anyways, can always overtake ya again if need be :D

edit....most of our team run their own personal projects...only a handful of us go walkabout.

So, no more excuses.....let's see you lot climb.......y'all keep saying you're the best....well????

:stick: Let's see the numbers :D

Have fun :)

A novice
03-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Yep, I can see that - making me kinda guilty now :(

Problem for me is I have deep personal reasons for doing the med/bio projects, but the maths to me seem to be a bit of a waste of time and CPU's other than to gain meaningless points.

Ady I was only having a bit of fun with you no need to feel guilty you must do what your heart tells you to do.:up:
I have been crunching mostly cancer since early 2001 since FAD finished I just haven't been able to find a project I really like. I think the vault is good for the smaller projects that people wouldn't normally bother with. As far as I'm concerned this is my fun time I will sooner or later find a project I like and everything I have will go into that.
I to like helping the smaller teams the last one I was with was .boinc-australia they do have what they call an Aussie assault every two months they pick a project and have a run at it the next one is due to start on April 1 come and join in if you like. http://www.boinc-australia.net/
Rob

[XC] Adywebb
03-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Ady I was only having a bit of fun with you no need to feel guilty you must do what your heart tells you to do.:up:
I have been crunching mostly cancer since early 2001 since FAD finished I just haven't been able to find a project I really like. I think the vault is good for the smaller projects that people wouldn't normally bother with. As far as I'm concerned this is my fun time I will sooner or later find a project I like and everything I have will go into that.
I to like helping the smaller teams the last one I was with was .boinc-australia they do have what they call an Aussie assault every two months they pick a project and have a run at it the next one is due to start on April 1 come and join in if you like. http://www.boinc-australia.net/
Rob
Your one of many who feel that way since FAD closed Rob - I've moved on mainly to WCG these days due to the projects there close to my heart and the fact its stable and well run.

Have to agree that the vault does boost smaller projects who would otherwise struggle for recognition - but I question the point of many of them in terms of good they a likely to be to the human race and feel this computer power could be put to much better use.

But each to their own, we should all do what we feel is right personally regardless - and having fun is good too :toast:

What project are the Aussies going to hit?

Ady

A novice
03-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Your one of many who feel that way since FAD closed Rob - I've moved on mainly to WCG these days due to the projects there close to my heart and the fact its stable and well run.

Have to agree that the vault does boost smaller projects who would otherwise struggle for recognition - but I question the point of many of them in terms of good they a likely to be to the human race and feel this computer power could be put to much better use.

But each to their own, we should all do what we feel is right personally regardless - and having fun is good too :toast:

What project are the Aussies going to hit?

Ady

Hi Ady I am not sure which project they will pick yet I think they will have a vote on which project towards the end of the month so keep an eye on their site then.

[XC] riptide
03-01-2007, 05:01 PM
but the maths to me seem to be a bit of a waste of time and CPU's other than to gain meaningless points.The maths projects will have spin offs in cryptology for one. Extremely large primes can be used to create very hard to break encryption nowadays. And as for numbers projects in general, they're the only ones that one can be sure of will see their goals through.

The medical ones are good too, but are shot in the foot from the outset. Very often we realise that our protein models are way off to do any good. If I had the money, I'd buy an X-ray diffraction machine and give it to a lab. That would be worth more than all the crunching I could ever do.

[XC] Adywebb
03-01-2007, 08:43 PM
The maths projects will have spin offs in cryptology for one. Extremely large primes can be used to create very hard to break encryption nowadays. And as for numbers projects in general, they're the only ones that one can be sure of will see their goals through.
I'm sure some of them will have some use somewhere for something - but not really of help to the average man in the street whos life is more effected by illness and disease - but as I always say we make are own choices about what we do, no one is right or wrong.

The medical ones are good too, but are shot in the foot from the outset. Very often we realise that our protein models are way off to do any good. If I had the money, I'd buy an X-ray diffraction machine and give it to a lab. That would be worth more than all the crunching I could ever do.
Yep, there are other more direct ways in which we could help relieve the suffering of others, and I contribute to those also - just the minute chance that one of these meds/bio projects will achieve a breakthrough is personally enough for me to make the majority of my contribution there.

vaio
03-02-2007, 03:18 AM
I work in nursing looking after Alzheimers/Parkinsons/Schizophrenia/Cancer etc patients and I see more hope for the future from the likes of folding than Seventeen or bust, for example.

All projects have their own merits I suppose but I think "we" can get carried away with competing and forget what prompted us to get involved in the first place.

But our rigs are ours and we can each do as we please.

The competition is good fun though :)

Anyways, we're all one big team in the end anyway :toast:

[XC] riptide
03-02-2007, 03:59 AM
I work in nursing looking after Alzheimers/Parkinsons/Schizophrenia/Cancer etc patients

Anyways, we're all one big team in the end anyway :toast:
You my friend have a tough jobbie there. You're share price has risen in my eyes. My GF done a bit of nursing, in a home for 'retired' nuns. Shes as tough as they come, but still I looked up to her for it. Tough way for her to earn a few $$$ for college. And of course she always gave a 'value add' service. Was very personable with the old dears and made them excercise with what she learned in her Physio studies. Mde life a lot netter than just plain 'get the job done' nursing. I could never do that.:toast:

[XC] Adywebb
03-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi Ady I am not sure which project they will pick yet I think they will have a vote on which project towards the end of the month so keep an eye on their site then.
Okey dokey - will do Rob :up:

...I've pulled out of proteins now, seems its been down for a couple of days anyway - got loads of completed results waiting to upload though...

A novice
03-04-2007, 05:23 AM
Okey dokey - will do Rob :up:

...I've pulled out of proteins now, seems its been down for a couple of days anyway - got loads of completed results waiting to upload though...

Hi Ady the AA lasts for about a week no pressure if you want to come along and help it would be nice to see you there. :up:
I've got a few wu for proteins waiting to upload probably not as many as you have so I think you will get in front of XS for now:)
Rob

[XC] Adywebb
03-04-2007, 09:30 AM
Hi Ady the AA lasts for about a week no pressure if you want to come along and help it would be nice to see you there. :up:
I've got a few wu for proteins waiting to upload probably not as many as you have so I think you will get in front of XS for now:)
Rob
Won't take long to get it back Rob ;)

...to register over at BoincAustralia forums you need to be approved by the admin and also: *** ONLY MEMBERS OF THE BOINC@AUSTRALIA TEAM WILL BE APPROVED AS FORUM MEMBERS *** - which I'm obviously not, but I've tried to register anyway and see what happens, but not sure I'm gonna be able help :(

A novice
03-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Won't take long to get it back Rob ;)

...to register over at BoincAustralia forums you need to be approved by the admin and also: *** ONLY MEMBERS OF THE BOINC@AUSTRALIA TEAM WILL BE APPROVED AS FORUM MEMBERS *** - which I'm obviously not, but I've tried to register anyway and see what happens, but not sure I'm gonna be able help :(

I was crunching for them for about 2 days before I could get on the forum I think it is a way of keeping the spam down :)
Rob

glennpat
03-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Five days ago we were 3234 points from 10th place. Now we are only 1840 points. It's looking good :exclaim:

vaio
03-08-2007, 09:35 AM
All yours, pup's gone back to folding. :)
But don't slacken off or you'll lose it again :D

[XC] gomeler
03-15-2007, 08:01 PM
We are closing in fast now, just dropped another bomb for 1k DC Vault points, have another 500 up my sleeve which will also drop Crunchers by 500 which will make the point difference less than 1000. Soon little Crunchers Inc, soon you will join the masses behind XS ;) I love this project, it's always a surprise when you submit the results!

[XC] riptide
03-16-2007, 05:07 AM
Wee will crush them! Crush them to dust! baaaah!

glennpat
03-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Way to go!! :banana: I've been busy putting together a cheap linux box and didn't see the very nice point jump and post till today.

[XC] gomeler
03-17-2007, 08:59 PM
glennpat, all my computers on spinhenge that were under GaTechRPMI are now under my boss, Andrew Layton. A shame too, they were about to pass you :p: But that also means we have another cruncher aboard in spinhenge, he brought roughly 700pts/day with him :)

glennpat
03-18-2007, 08:56 AM
gomeler, GaTechRPMI was only a few points behind me. :) Nice going on the project.

[XC] gomeler
03-21-2007, 03:53 AM
Now we are within 1500 points of Crunchers Inc, looking back on the enormous climb that has occured from passing Team Picard it is a rather magnificent accomplishment. From now on all the competition is grouped together rather close with just short little jumps from one place to the next. Keep on crunching guys, we seem to be gaining everyday and so long as we stay in the green then the DC-Vault will be ours. Now back to calculating exactly how much sieving I need to do to knock off Crunchers Inc :D

glennpat
03-21-2007, 02:33 PM
We gained 645 vault points in Riesel Sieve Sieve today, but unfortunately so did Crunchers. The good news is they need 8.6 million points to pass the next team and we only need 1.6. We should pass 2 teams there in a couple of days.

I had taken a couple of cores off LLR which I sorta hated to do, but I figured it may pay off in vault points. They have been getting a lot of vault points there.

[XC] 4X4N
03-21-2007, 02:39 PM
I had one of my ultra-d's die on me, so I'm down about 18,000 a day on LLR :( I've got the cpu and ram up for sale. As soon as it's sold I'll get me a board to go with the 6400 and the 1gb of ballistix ddr2 800 I have doing nothing right now.

I've noticed you on the sieve stats, nice :thumbsup:

glennpat
03-21-2007, 03:46 PM
Sorry about the ultra-d dieing. It went down fighting for 10th which we will get.

[XC] gomeler
03-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Oh we will get 10th, I have a QuadGT en route to add to the fray combined with a Xeon3040. Looks like we are now 2k vault points behind them, doh! Once I lock in PSP Sieve I'll be moving onto SOB Sieve, lots of easy points to steal there.

glennpat
04-01-2007, 01:36 PM
:banana: :banana: We're back in 10th. :banana: :banana:

[XC] 4X4N
04-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Kickin' ass and takin' names! Nice going glennpat. Moving up 2 spots and just :wave: as we pass on by crunchers.:party:

mike047
04-01-2007, 02:56 PM
NICEwork guys:D

Here is what I have been doing;

ZIRCONIA (http://www.dc-vault.com/showteam.php?team=424)

[XC]melymel
04-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Great work! :party:

@mike047: is that your own team or is it a small team you're boosting?

:toast:

mike047
04-01-2007, 03:17 PM
It's mine:) a one man operation:D

[XC] riptide
04-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Well done Mike. Ya smelly gypsy. :lol:

[XC] gomeler
04-01-2007, 04:38 PM
Damn guys, congrats! I didn't even have to make my point drop, oh well nothing like rubbing salt into the wounds.

glennpat
04-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Great work Xtreme Systems team! Lots of points in lots of projects by the team to make it here. :toast:

Jose
04-04-2007, 03:29 AM
Test Post: If you see it Wave back

vaio
04-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Congrats on making 10th............well it's been fun........adios :)

[XC] DragonOrta
04-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks vaio. You guys in Crunchers Inc are doing a spectacular job, not even taking into account the size of your team, member-wise. :up:

I'm sure we'll see you around in projects, unless you're going back to F@H for an extended vacation there, as I think I heard mentioned.