PDA

View Full Version : my 1900+...

Wahoogie
06-25-2002, 07:04 AM
Alright, my rig is in the sig, I am only able to get 146 fsb out of this chip stable. Stepping is AGKGA "9" I believe..
I have pulled every PCI card out, leaving only my ti4600, CPU, RAM, HDD and CD-Rom.... Could it be my RAM? I don't think so, since it's rated at least PC2700 or 166fsb, any input? I'm getting pelts soon/making a bong today or tomorrow.... I'd like to know if I need a new chip to get jack squat out of it.

Thanks

Paul.K
06-25-2002, 01:05 PM
The first question is the chip unlocked??? This could be one of your problems!!! To make sure it is the RAM drop your multiplier down to say 8X and set your FSB to 166 like your memory speed. Make sure you enable the 1/5 divider in the softFSB menu. Relax the timings on your RAM in DRAM settings e.g. Cas2.5 4, 3,6,3 2T etc. and test and see if the machine will be boot and run stable.

Paul...

Maximus Nickus
06-26-2002, 08:52 AM
All chips differ tremendously, you can't expect a great overclock with every chip, most chips will overclock a fair bit but never get your hopes up.

That way you won't have the disapointment of not reaching a high overclock.

Firstly I would unlock the chip, and lower your RAM latency's to enable the RAM to go a little further, also remove all PCI cards. See what you get then put it back together bit by bit, you can then diagnose the source.

M_N (www.overclockers.com)

12am
06-28-2002, 10:12 PM
First off it is well known that overclocking with the AGKGA Stepping is pretty much a turkeyshoot! if you want to get better overclocking results I would personally look into a chip with the AGOIA or AROIA Steppings they overclock tremendously, also I'd get the 1600+, because it is the answer to the intel 1.6a (funny how both of the 2 manufacturers major overclocking chips are both based around the 1600 mark!) Most Athlon XP1600+ Cpus can overclock to at least 1750mhz at 1.8vcore, if you get an arioa and some wicked air cooling you could even get it to 1900mhz which is a 500mhz increase! (not too shabby on the amd front).