PDA

View Full Version : My RAM are dying!!11oneone

DTU_XaVier
02-03-2007, 06:06 PM
The last couple of days, I've been expiriencing lock-ups in different games, so I've been going back and forth with some Orthos-tests, coming to the conclusion that my RAM might be dying.. The OC I've been running them at for the last couple of months (since Oct.) is no longer stable (DDR2-1068, 534MHz real) at the voltage I'm supplying (2.25v)... My cooling, I'd say, is better than adequate, and hasn't changed in the period... So what's killing them??

The funny thing is, I tried booting with a 1:1 divider (356MHz), with SPD-timings... That gave me a BSOD... Trying 1:1 with their rated timings at DDR2-800 gave me a lock-up before it got fully into Windows... Both of these attempts were made with a voltage of 2.1 (rated voltage is 1.9 at 400MHz)...
I'm currently running them in Windows at the abovementioned OC, now trying with 2.35v (2.3 did not do any good)...

I cannot try speeds in-between as the dividers of my mobo are :banana::banana::banana::banana:ed at the FSB I'm running (MSI :slapass: )

Best Regards :toast:

DTU_XaVier
02-03-2007, 06:18 PM
I've just loaded optimized defaults, and am currently running in Windows with the RAM at its rated speed of 800Mhz at 5-5-5-15 with 1.9v... Going well... So I dunno anymore... I tried touching them when running Orthos with 2.35v going through them, and they got QUITE hot.. But the test didn't fail... So now my entire OC is basically ruined since I can't figure out what's with my RAM :(

Celeron Gamer
02-04-2007, 11:29 AM
OMG Electromigration??!!!oneoneoneone!

Sorry had to do that. But yeah, had that happen w/ plain DDR before. Not fun :(

DTU_XaVier
02-04-2007, 12:17 PM
That was my own first thought as well, I was just hoping I was wrong :(... Will it keep getting worse, even if I reduce the settings and run them at lower speeds?? Currently, I've lowered to 3.1GHz (345MHz FSB) and RAM at 517MHz with 2.2v (probably somewhere around 2.15 real)... Still plently of speed, but I really liked my old OC :( :p:

ahmad
02-05-2007, 05:20 AM
Must be your ram not liking the volts. I'd say shoot for max ram OC at 2.0-2.1v and let the ram work at that for a while.

DTU_XaVier
02-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Tried lowering to 2.1v at the abovementioned clocks... Orthos stable so far :).. Will see how it turns out.. This is really a shame :(
I probably hurt 'em, trying to run them at DDR2-1100 because of divider-trouble with my mobo :p: